It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Buh-Bye, Bush!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:32 pm 
Deal With It!

Send Your Heartfelt Goodbye Letter to George W. Bush :P

Welcome to goodbye.us! We are here to gather your thoughts about our departing President in the format of an open letter. We are not here to tell you how to feel, but rather to give you a place to make your feelings known. There are some obvious rules here—we ask that you make no threats, we ask that you avoid profanity, and we ask that you respect your fellow bloggers.

http://goodbye.us/

Here's a sample of actual letters:

Quote:
Irresponsible

I hold you responsible for the War in Iraq, the destruction of the World Trade Center, and the coming economic depression. I know this is a foreign concept to you, to be responsible for something. Your life has been one long string of failures, and no one ever held you accountable. Poppy always bailed you out when you got into trouble, and you never learned that your actions have consequences. Maybe if your mother had taught you that it was wrong to be a bully and a thief and a liar you may have turned out differently. Instead, she taught you to be just the tyrant you are.

http://www.goodbye.us/articles/20081124/irresponsible

Quote:
Bush - You should be ashamed!

George Bush,
You should be ashamed!
You have made a mockery of the position of President of the United States.
You have made the United States the laughing stock of the rest of the world.
It's you who I blame for the Iraq war.
It's you that I blame for all of the incompetence in our government for the past eight years.
It's you who I feel responsible for stealing the past two elections.

http://www.goodbye.us/articles/20081125 ... be-ashamed

Post subject: Re: Buh-Bye, Bush!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:51 am 

I love this one too.

Quote:
In Defense of the Office

President Bush,

I tried to defend you, sir. I really did.

I'm no Republican; I'm quite liberal even by Democratic standards. Always have been. But during your first term--I was eleven when you were elected--I swallowed my protests and reasoned, "Well, he's our President now, I may as well support him." And I did. And then it all went to hell.

http://goodbye.us/articles/20081123/defense-office

Continued at the link...

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:12 pm 
Deal With It!

Buh-Bye. So long. Good riddance.

The truck has just pulled up:

http://www.sendbushpacking.com

:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:25 pm 

Those are among the reasons we want him gone. Many of us also want him behind bars for the criminal activities he has engaged in, but unfortunately it doesn't seem the Dems are going to do anything about it.

A HUGE mistake on the part of the Dems. Maybe someone in another country will step in and do the right thing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As Bush packs his bags, he's trying to hijack how history will view him...and it's all based on his "faith-based" initiatives!

Bush Frantically Seeks a Legacy

Team Bush is looking for anything that might belie the fact that a majority of Americans believe that President Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in U.S. history. At this point, it appears that the search has landed him back where he started when, a week after his inauguration in 2001, Bush, surrounded by a host of Christian, Jewish, and Muslim clergy, unveiled his faith-based initiative by issuing an executive order creating the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives (OFBCI). He followed that up with another executive order that eventually established Faith-Based and Community offices at 11 federal agencies.

More at the link.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:22 am 
Deal With It!

Time to Say Goodbye to George W. Bush (live) - Katie Goodman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3f6MUtAf-g

:D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:53 am 
Deal With It!

Ask Bush the Tough Questions

by Dan Froomkin
Washington Post
12/10/2008

As I've been chronicling for a couple weeks now, Bush has embarked on a series of speeches and "exit interviews" in which he is trying to take credit for things that haven't happened, and refusing to take responsibility for the things that have.

Although there are a lot of tough, important questions Bush should be forced to answer, one recent interview focused mostly on Bush's family life; another on his faith.

I was going to ask you what questions you think reporters should be asking Bush, but since he's so adept at ducking, I've decided to ask something a little bit more fun: What questions would you most want to ask the president if he were under Pentothal?

My first choice would be: When exactly did you decide to go to war in Iraq? My second choice: How do you define torture?

Share your questions here.

Washington Post.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 am 
Deal With It!

from goodriddance.org

December 15, 2008 9:04 PM

Chris from Colorado said...

Well, well, well. Just five more weeks until this debacle that was your reign of dangerous stupidity is over. I suppose I owe you a debt of gratitude for helping to turn my state blue, so thanks for that.

Now get out of my sight, you festering heap of pig dung, and don't let my shoes hit you on the way out.

December 16, 2008 9:17 AM

Anonymous said...

George. Do us all a favor and hide out and keep your mouth shut until January 20th. You've caused more strife in Iraq with your recent visit, from the guy who got arrested for throwing his shoes at you to more people being blown up. You can't seem to leave well enough alone, can you? Always have to make trouble wherever you go. As for your comment about the man being able to throw his shoes because Iraq is now a "free society", as you put it...he's allegedly been beaten severely for his courageous display...and you've shown yet more of your ignorance. Good riddance indeed.

December 16, 2008 2:57 PM

Ron Ashton, Retired Army Officer said...

Georgie. Looks like you still have to make your "speeches" in either military installations of occupied countries! God knows you would be booed off the stage if you ever tried to address the American citizens in a public forum. Your pathetic comment made today at the Army War College that you "didn't sell your soul to be popular" and that you were a "wartime president" was the final straw you imbecile!! The only soul you ever had, or almost had was the "soles" that were thrown at you by the brave correspondent in Iraq! May you burn in Hell for sacrificing our brave soldier's lives in the bush follies in Iraq. Had you only listened to your military leaders Afganistan really would have been on its way to a civilized society and Pakistan would probably have remained stable and not another terrorist haven! I hear Crawford, Texas has been looking for their village idiot since you left. The job has been held for you since you are the BEST qualified for the job. Here is my one finger salute to you, ----- !

go here to add your comments:

http://www.goodriddance.org/2008/11/col ... l#comments

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:29 am 

I love this!

Quote:
December 16, 2008 2:57 PM

Ron Ashton, Retired Army Officer said...

Georgie. Looks like you still have to make your "speeches" in either military installations of occupied countries! God knows you would be booed off the stage if you ever tried to address the American citizens in a public forum. Your pathetic comment made today at the Army War College that you "didn't sell your soul to be popular" and that you were a "wartime president" was the final straw you imbecile!! The only soul you ever had, or almost had was the "soles" that were thrown at you by the brave correspondent in Iraq! May you burn in Hell for sacrificing our brave soldier's lives in the bush follies in Iraq. Had you only listened to your military leaders Afganistan really would have been on its way to a civilized society and Pakistan would probably have remained stable and not another terrorist haven! I hear Crawford, Texas has been looking for their village idiot since you left. The job has been held for you since you are the BEST qualified for the job. Here is my one finger salute to you, ----- !

Thank you Retired Army Officer. It is even better coming from you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:09 pm 
Deal With It!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This report isn't a cartoon nor is it an actual good-by to Bush. Instead it's about things Bush has to say good-by TO. Iit shows how much Bush and Pickles were adored by the Saudies and others like them. :roll: However, I wonder if Bush really paid any attention to those ethics laws that prevent him from taking any of these "sweet" presents home with him. Seems to me that it would be a good idea to at least check the jewelry items. I'm sure Bush and Cheney are both well acquainted with forgers who know how to paste!

Bush’s Booty: Presidential Gifts Unveiled At National Archives

This morning, Think Progress visited the National Archives, where a small selection of President Bush’s presidential gifts were unveiled before the press. The collection included Head of State and domestic gifts that will eventually be stored in the Bush library at Southern Methodist University. An archive will be available online starting January 21.

Among the gifts that President Bush received:

– A baseball bat signed by every living member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame (top left image)
– A pair of handcrafted boots emblazoned with the name and likeness of Bush’s beloved dog, Barney (bottom images)
– An intricately carved rifle from Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek (not pictured)

Among the gifts that Laura Bush received:

– A purse from Queen Sirikit of Thailand (top center image)
– An original collage from Eric Carle’s highly popular children’s book The Very Hungry Caterpillar (top right image)
– A first-edition copy of John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath (not pictured)

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman