It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bushisms over the years
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:02 pm 
Deal With It!

By The Associated Press
Jan 3, 2009

President George W. Bush will leave behind a legacy of Bushisms, the label stamped on the commander in chief's original speaking style. Some of the president's more notable malaprops and mangled statements:

• "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." — September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.

• "Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" — January 2000, during a campaign event in South Carolina.

• "They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the commander in chief, too." — Sept. 26, 2001, in Langley, Va. Bush was referring to the terrorists who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks.

• "There's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail." — Oct. 4, 2001, in Washington. Bush was remarking on a back-to-work plan after the terrorist attacks.

• "It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." — April 10, 2002, at the White House, as Bush urged Senate passage of a broad ban on cloning.

• "I want to thank the dozens of welfare-to-work stories, the actual examples of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves." — April 18, 2002, at the White House.

MORE:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090103/ap_ ... h/bushisms

Post subject: Re: Bushisms over the years
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

How nice that the worst president ever gets to have his stupidity described as his "original speaking style." To me, he's simply a moron. If it speaks like a moron, behaves like a moron, and grins and smirks like a moron, it is definitely a MORON...and Bush fits all the criteria.

But keep the thread going by all means, anniefey...At least we have one of the most intelligent Presidents being sworn in on January 20, and we can wave goodbye to President Bush forever. After that, Bush will simply be referred to as "the former president." He's left his muddy footprints all over the Constitution, the White House, and the entire planet...and it will take decades to clean it all up...if it ever is.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Bushisms over the years
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:37 pm 
Deal With It!

W.'s Greatest Hits

The top 25 Bushisms of all time.
By Jacob Weisberg
Jan. 12, 2009

1. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

2. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

3. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

4. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

5. "Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."—declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

6. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.''—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

7. "I'm the decider, and I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense."—Washington, D.C., April 18, 2006

8. "See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

9. "I've heard he's been called Bush's poodle. He's bigger than that."—discussing former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as quoted by the Sun newspaper, June 27, 2007

10. "And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

To see 11 through 25:

http://www.slate.com/id/2208132