It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SARAH WHINES....ONE MORE TIME!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here comes Sarah Palin again, this time trying to grab the microphone from Caroline Kennedy while she whines about how unfair the media treated her! Jason Linkins, a reporter for Huffington Post, does a good job of firing back at Palin's stupidity.

PALIN: CAROLINE KENNEDY GETS FREE PASS FROM THE MEDIA!

Quote:
Several people have directed me today to the raw video of an interview of Sarah Palin, conducted by John Ziegler, last seen losing his mind at Nate Silver over a weird poll he conducted with myriad foundational logic deficiencies. It's a wide ranging discussion, primarily focuses on the way Palin feels she was treated by the media, which is all she ever talks about anymore.

One of the more trenchant moments (in fact, the only trenchant moment) comes late in the interview, when Palin is invited to make a comparison between herself and Caroline Kennedy. Basically, Palin seems to think that "class bias" is enabling favorable coverage of the New York Senate hopeful:

"I've been interested to see how Caroline Kennedy will be handled and if she will be handled with kid gloves or if she will be under such a microscope. ... It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out and I think that as we watch that we will perhaps be able to prove that there is a class issue here also that was such a factor in the scrutiny of my candidacy versus, say, the scrutiny of what her candidacy may be."

I think it's true that too many have failed to consider what specific qualifications Kennedy brings to the table. Those that have, however, often compare Kennedy to Sarah Palin, most notably in a New York Times feature story that made the comparison right in the lede. That article has since been edited to remove the comparison -- which perhaps gives Palin grounds for her contention. But really, is Palin not paying attention? Last week, everyone in the media made fun of Caroline Kennedy for saying "you know" over and over again. It was pretty brutal! (It was also pretty amusing to watch, as cable TV commentators had to softly tread around the fact that they, too, often pepper their commentary with similar verbal tics.)

Anyway, I hardly think a demonstration that "class issues" prevail in politics is all that startling a revelation. I'm told that Palin's own running mate, for example, owns several homes

MORE AT THE LINK...INCLUDING VIDEO

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman