It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let the Healing Begin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:22 am 

Let the Healing Begin

The day many of us feared that would never come has happened; George W. "War Chimp and Criminal" Bush has finally left office. The stench that has permeated the White House and the Office of President for the past eight years is now residing in Texas. How long will it take to reverse the multitude of crimes and wrongs perpetrated by this crime organization? The honest answer is infinity. The lives of over a million Iraqis and Afghans can never be restored or fully compensated. The squandering of nearly 5000 American service personnel's lives is unforgivable and irreversible. The uncounted thousands of Americans permanently disabled cannot ever be justified.

There seems to be widespread sentiment to let these actions go unaccounted. We as Americans must never forget these things were done in our name. To let this cancer fester on the American body politic is just plain wrong. My friends at UNKNOWN NEWS sell a bumper sticker that states: Their blood is on the hands of those who lied, those who spread the lies, and those who voted for the liars. For any healing to begin in earnest requires an accounting of the crimes of the War Chimp's cabal. When a patient undergoes surgery for cancer, the surgeon endeavors to cut out the entire cancer mass so the patient can begin the road to recovery. Such is the case here. We must root out ALL those who broke the law and bring them to justice. Anything less would just leave the cancer in place to continue growing.

Prior to the inauguration of President Obama, I had a countdown clock on my blog sites showing the time left for the War Chimp's time in office. I have replaced that clock with a count-up clock showing the amount of time he has gone without persecution for his crimes. I fear this clock may still be ticking when I'm dead and buried. I pray it won't be, if my country has any chance of truly healing and getting on the road of recovery.

Permanent Backlink to Post

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Re: Let the Healing Begin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:54 am 

very salient sentiments apl, my freind.

the thread title that you've chosen will still be a tough nut to crack. there's still a very determined criminal level element that exists in this nation that resides on the extreme right of the republic party. the neocons who have roots that run thier hegemonic roots back to the fragments of the nazi party when it left germany after WWII. they wrap themselves in the flag and falsely proclaim a high level of blasphemous christianity to paint themselves as god fearing patriots.

but that thinly vieled veneer has been shrewdly exposed by those of us on the other side and the result payed off for us bigtime on nov. 4.

how much healing is possible?............that depends. the best place to start are places like this website through the method of educating and enlightening an uneducated and largely ignorant voting populace. the internet has proven to be one of our greatest weapons in this culture war that was declared by the likes of oreilly, hannity, coulter and limpballs.

now that we have the right people back in place the work will begin to root out the enemies like the above and keep in place and strengthen the rights that will protect our constitutional freedom.

we've got a lot of work ahead of us that's for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

EXCELLENT COMMENTS, APL.

I was very critical of Pelosi's recent 360 when she said Bush's attorney firings should be investigated now. A bit late and a dollar short. :roll: However, maybe late is better than never. Kucinich is still in office, and so are a few others who wanted an investigation launched a long time ago. President Obama has a lot on his plate, but it's early days, so I'm going to watch with great interest to see if Pelosi is serious, and if she can belatedly stir up more support for investigations. I do not want to see an investigation only into attorney firings. Once it starts, let's go after the whole shebang.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Obamas speech was a sign that healing is on the agenda. I was particularly pleased by his saying that he was not going to demonize Muslims. Bush was a great divider with a mind set that his side was good and anyone else was evil.

Now we will see:
1) Was Obama serious?
2) Will the Jews keep him?

I sure hope he keeps his pants zipped. I am no mood for another scandal. I feel like we have endured many consecutive years of scandals now.

The Bush neocons were a scandal.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:28 pm 

Purple Tang wrote:
I sure hope he keeps his pants zipped. I am no mood for another scandal. I feel like we have endured many consecutive years of scandals now.

The Bush neocons were a scandal.

It would appear they purposely overwhelmed us with scandal. There was a new revelation on what seemed like at least a weekly basis, if not daily at times. Obama said in his speech that everywhere one turned there were problems, an acknowledgement that little if any was done right BUT this means that prioritizing is our biggest problem. The scandal must excised and I hope Obama can do it or we will just sink deeper into trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:56 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's my opinion that the Democrats were very naive when it came to scandalous behavior in the 90s, especially during Clinton's second term. Other Dems have been just as naive, such as NY's governor and a few others. You'd think they'd learn! But Bill Clinton had a reputation for marital infidelity prior to his becoming president. He was easily manipulated for someone with his intellect and political experience. Clinton's mistake was falling for the bait, and then lying about it. Karl Rove may have been on that scented trail long before he became Bush43's mentor. The same was true of John Edwards. While these men's affairs were plastered all over the media, the Repubs have been behaving much more scandalously, as evidenced in Angel of Mercy's long Poli-Talk thread. But the Repubs actions have been well hidden behind Bible-thumping, Fox Noise, rightwing talkers, and FEAR. I'm just glad for the reports in blogs and other internet news sources.

Barack Obama has an excellent marriage. He's in love with his wife and she's in love with him. They both love their daughters. His reputation in that regard is unsullied. He's oh so focused, and he's smarter than any Democrat that has come along in years. He's well aware of the way the Repubs manipulate.

I am glad he's our president, which seems so strange to write. It's been so long since I had a president.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We are f*ked if he isn't a good president. The neo-cons may have mortally wounded Uncle Sam in 100 different ways.

They not only turned the world against us, they turned mucsh of the government on citizens with that unique combination of brains, compassion and courage.

If Big Brother/Thought Police are not watching you, I doubt you possess that combination.

My theory for years was that Bush was mad about his dads loss and spent his terms exacting revenge on the public.

But I have hundreds of theories, some overlapping and some contradicitng.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
My theory for years was that Bush was mad about his dads loss and spent his terms exacting revenge on the public

Interesting thought, PT. Bush was notorious for wanting to exact revenge for "tryin' to kill my daddy," on Saddam. If your theory is correct, Bush must have really wanted to hang both Bill and Hillary Clinton. He had to settle for stealing the 2000 election from Al Gore, Clinton's VP...and the rest is a sorry chapter in our nation's history.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:02 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Quote:
My theory for years was that Bush was mad about his dads loss and spent his terms exacting revenge on the public

Interesting thought, PT. Bush was notorious for wanting to exact revenge for "tryin' to kill my daddy," on Saddam. If your theory is correct, Bush must have really wanted to hang both Bill and Hillary Clinton. He had to settle for stealing the 2000 election from Al Gore, Clinton's VP...and the rest is a sorry chapter in our nation's history.

My thinking on this runs a little different. Sonny has always had to turn to Daddy to bail him out—military service, college and business. Sonny being the petty sociopath he is had to prove he could do it without Daddy and better than Daddy. Evidence of this was when Sonny was asked why he didn't ask Daddy's advice on Iraq; he responded with the line, "I listen to a higher Father." He went out of his way to prove Daddy made a mistake by not pushing to Baghdad in the first war and killed over million Iraqis to show he had the bigger penis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Only an excellent psychiatrist would know how to analyze Bush's little brain. Maybe Karl told him he could accomplish two feats if he invaded Iraq...get Daddy's grudging approval and at the same time, let Daddy know that he, Junior, was the better cowboy and that he brought down Saddam all by hisself.

I'm just so glad they're all GONE TO TEXAS. No, no...wait...they left DICK behind! :roll:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:47 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The silver lining is that one of their dozens of victims was belief in their ideology. I hardly think we will be threatened by another Bush in the Oval Office for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Whistlebl ... _0121.html

Either healing or storm clouds are brewing.

'Might makes right' and that is unfortunate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
"The National Security Agency had access to all Americans' communications -- faxes, phone calls, and their computer communications," Tice claimed. "It didn't matter whether you were in Kansas, in the middle of the country, and you never made foreign communications at all. They monitored all communications."

(From PT's link...)

Then they must have known how extremely hated the Bushies were and continue to be! You know what is said about eavesdroppers...they never hear anything good!

“There's nothing like eavesdropping to show you that the world outside your head is different from the world inside your head.” Thornton Wilder

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

METHINKS THE REPUBS, WITH THEIR RESISTENCE TO THE STIMULUS BILL, JUST RIPPED THE BANDAGE OFF THE "HEALING" WOUND AND SMEARED SALT INTO IT.

DEMS TO LEADERSHIP: CUT GOP LOOSE!

Rank-and-file Congressional Democrats had been willing to give Republicans the business tax cuts and other provisions they wanted in the stimulus. That is, up until every single one voted against the bill on the House floor Wednesday.

Now, in both the House and the Senate, angry members are lobbying Democratic leaders to yank those tax breaks back.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was asked Thursday by the Huffington Post why the business tax cuts, whose purpose was to garner Republican support, would be left in the bill if no Republicans supported it regardless.

"That's what my members ask me," said Pelosi. "It wasn't something that was suggested [by Democrats]. It was a heavy lift for our members, but they understood that it has a benefit and were willing to support it."

So far, she said, she has been resistant to removing the cuts from the package. "It's something that we can live with," she said. "I can't answer why they wouldn't vote for this even though their main net-operating-loss carry-back suggestion was part of the tax cuts."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:35 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

THE GOP'S SOUNDPROOF ROOM

EUGENE ROBINSON HAS A FEW THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THE BEHAVIOR OF THE HOUSE REPUBS AND THOSE DEMS WHO VOTED WITH THEM.

Quote:
If Republicans hadn’t broken the bank with drunken-sailorish spending during most of George W. Bush’s time in the White House, their complaints about the cost of the stimulus package and its impact on future deficits would be more credible. As things stand, we have to let actions speak: absolute solidarity among House Republicans in voting no.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman