It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: STIMULUS PAYMENT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:28 pm 

Stimulus" Payment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This year, taxpayers will receive an Economic Stimulus Payment. This is a very exciting new program that I will explain using the Q and A format:

"Q. What is an Economic Stimulus Payment?
"A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

"Q. Where will the government get this money?
"A. From taxpayers.

"Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
"A. No, they are borrowing it from China . Your children are expected to repay the Chinese.

"Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
"A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

"Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?
"A. Shut up."

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China .

If you spend it on gasoline it will go to Hugo Chavez, the Arabs and Al Qued a

If you purchase a computer it will go to Taiwan .

If you purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala (unless you buy organic).

If you buy a car it will go to Japan and Korea.

If you purchase prescription drugs it will go to India

If you purchase heroin it will go to the Taliban in Afghanistan

If you give it to a charitable cause, it will go to Nigeria .

And none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America . You can keep the money in America by spending it at yard sales, going to a baseball game, or spend it on prostitutes, beer (domestic ONLY), or tattoos, since those are the only businesses still in the US.

Spend it wisely...................

Post subject: Re: STIMULUS PAYMENT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You telling us that we are f*ked? :shock:

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WELLLLLL...Let's see...It's time I got my eyeliner permanently tattooed onto my eyelid, and I want to dye my eyelashes so I don't have to buy mascara...and I think I'll have some collagen injected into my lips. (Would that stuff come from CHINA? Forget it!) And I need a boob job...and I need....wait...wait...it's coming...I need something to make my dog stop farting. :drunken:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 am 

WOW! HOLD IT!... Don't get so out of sorts, Catherine. My little stimulus payment didy was just some humor to pass on to the members here. I certainly didn't think it would cause such a stir. Hope you don't get the chance to read the "real" one that Congress passed... you would go into a tizzy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
My little stimulus payment didy was just some humor to pass on to the members here.

Mine was, too! :lol: I was behaving as though I was a microscopic Citi-Group or an elfin AIG! :blackeye: What did those corporations, an the others like them, do with the monies they got? I don't really know...except they certainly seemed to continue on with business as usual, which got us into this mess in the first place. :?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Obama Caps Executive Pay Tied To Bailout Money (SPEECH TRANSCRIPT)

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama imposed a $500,000 pay cap on some senior executives whose firms receive government financial rescue money, a dramatic intervention into corporate governance in the midst of financial crisis.

Standing with his Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Obama said the United States doesn't disparage wealth nor does it begrudge those who succeed, but lavish bonuses for executives at companies seeking taxpayer dollars was unfair.

Read the President's remarks

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:03 pm 

Well now we have a problem. THINK!, THINK! President Obama. Did you just sign the the order that "Caps Executive Pay" to senior executives that will receive the bailout money. I'm thinking you just might mean there's only a CEO, President, V. President in most financial institutions...that would be considered as three or four. Well Sir, have you considered the Banks of all places, where there's a President, senior President, senior Vice President, and at least 17 other vice president's. And you will allow each one to receive at least $500.000.00. If you were to make a check on how much most senior, junior V. Presidents earn in the banking business, you will probably find most of them don't earn over $200.000.00 a year, and you are going to give them another $300.000.00. Come on, get smart Mr. President.

I thought you campaign for "change." Did I take that word all wrong, or was it one of those "take me down and around the barn" hoopla things?

Oh!... another matter. Don't ever say to the voting public.."I screwed Up? That's a teenager cop-out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
.."I screwed Up?

Sounded far too much like McCain explaining himself to Letterman. :roll: Obama should be communicating with the American people better than that, although I do have to admit that the American people more often than not talk just like that.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A coalition of Democrats and some Republicans reached a compromise that trimmed billions in spending from an earlier version of the Senate economic stimulus bill. Senators worked late into the night to trim billions from the original stimulus bill

CNN obtained, from a Democratic leadership aide, a list of some programs that have been cut -- either entirely or partially:

WHAT GOT CUT FROM THE ECONOMIC RECOVERY BILL

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:10 pm 

My blood is boiling over this. Since when is 58 of 99 not a firm majority? When the Repugs had a much smaller majority they were able to force through any number of bills and nominations without any concessions to the Dems. Harry Reid you have SCREWED UP.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Uhhh.....I mean I dont want this bill passed at all, but 58 of 99 IS a firm majority in my opinion. Are you sure they didnt mean they needed a 2/3 majority for it to pass?

If that is not the case then something is not right there. Not right at all.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:11 pm 

CrimsonEagle wrote:
Uhhh.....I mean I dont want this bill passed at all, but 58 of 99 IS a firm majority in my opinion. Are you sure they didnt mean they needed a 2/3 majority for it to pass?

If that is not the case then something is not right there. Not right at all.

The only time a 2/3 majority is required is when a veto must be over ridden. I really don't believe we have Obama threatening a veto. There is a 60 vote requirement for cloture, ending debate and forcing a vote. What is not right is the Repugs whisper the word filibuster and there is an immediate panic and caving on the Dems part. Why not make the Repugs actually physically filibuster and expose themselves as the obstructionists they are?

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I was furious over this, too. Harry Reid has no BALLS and I'm very disappointed in the Democrats. What happened between November 4 and NOW? Is this 2006 all over again? Did they just want to win the election and to hell with what that meant?

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ANOTHER WRONG REPUBLICAN! WHERE ARE ALL THESE REPUBS COMING FROM? MOST OF THEM WHO HAVE BEEN SO EAGER TO CRITICIZE THE RECOVERY PLAN ARE VIRTUAL UNKNOWNS...AT LEAST TO ME. GUESS THEY'RE TRYING TO MAKE POLITICAL HAY.

Sen. Ensign: It’s ‘Fearmongering’ To Suggest That Any Teachers Would Lose Their Jobs

On Meet the Press this morning, Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) slammed proposed cuts in aid to the states in the stimulus bill, explaining that states are slashing their funding for vital public needs. “That’s the wasteful spending that my colleagues are talking about,” Frank said. “Money to go to the states to stop them from laying off cops and firefighters, money to help keep teachers going. Those are jobs.”

Sen. John Ensign (R-NV) — who began the show by saying that doing nothing would be better than passing this stimulus plan — insisted that states’ budgets are “bloated” and derided Frank’s concerns as “fearmongering,” denying that any teachers, cops, or firefighters would lose their jobs:

To get back to what Congressman Frank said, is that we’re going to be laying off teachers and firefighters. You know, that’s just fearmongering. We’re not going to be doing that in any of the states. … [The states’] budgets are bloated, the federal government’s budget is bloated. What we should be doing is cutting back.

Watch it:

The idea that states’ budgets are “bloated” would certainty be news to them. Forty-three of the 50 states are facing budget shortfalls, adding up to a $47.4 billion gap as of January. And with most states required to balance their budgets, they are slashing spending in, among other areas, education, as the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities reported:

Thirty-Four states have cut education or proposed such cuts because they face massive, devastating budget deficits in this recession. […]

Nearly all states are required to balance their general fund budgets. When large budget deficits develop, education often is cut deeply.

Some examples from the report:

Florida has cut aid to local school districts for the current year by $140 per pupil. South Carolina has cut per-pupil funding by $95 in the current year. Maine has cut K-12 funding about $140 per pupil; this comes on top of education cuts earlier this year that were targeted to reduce specific programs. Georgia’s governor has proposed cutting aid to local school districts for the current year by $115 per pupil, and for the coming fiscal year by $189 per pupil.

California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger proposed a $6 billion cut in education funding. These budget cuts will force districts to halt new teacher hiring, delay new school construction, and shut down other schools — meaning job cuts across the education spectrum. Obama’s pick to head the Department of Educuation, Arne Duncan, recently warned that stimulus dollars were needed immediately to “avert literally hundreds of thousands of teacher layoffs.”

What’s more, as Frank pointed out, it’s not just teachers who need federal stimulus dollars to be pumped into states. States are also cutting their public safety budgets, meaning police and firefighters across the country are losing their jobs.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I appreciate the thought but remember that fabricating money is like adding fresh water to salt water, it dilutes it.

We will pay throught the tax of inflation. No matter what, the fed has always won.

Being first in line is nice with the inflationary engine of fractional banking with no commodities backing up the currency.

All it took was eight years of gross mis management to destabilize things.

This is a road often taken prior to a currency having no value. If that thought doesn't make you consider prayer, then you are almost an athiest. You would have to be put in a bombarded fox hole to start praying...lol.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson