It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pin The Tag On The Republicans
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:09 pm 

Apparently we have a "no go" situation here with the Republicans in the Senate. They talk big about wanting to do "something" for the people, but it really only for themselves....Oh!, and for their rich cohorts. So here's what I would tell Pres. Obama. Make a point and yell out loud... no stimulus money will go to any bank, credit card firms, or will there be any money spent on rebuilding highways, roads, projects in those cities, communities where there are...Republicans Senators living.

Pull the rope tight around their necks... Hang 'em High.

Post subject: Re: Pin The Tag On The Republicans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:38 am 

I think a better idea is to remove all those concessions given to the Repugs, like tax cuts. Compromise is a two way street, Obama gave in and got no votes for his compromises. Compromise only works when something is gained and lost by BOTH sides. The Repugs gave no such consideration to the Dems when they were in charge, why are the Dems bending over for the Repugs?

Of course I have to feel this way since my three Congress Critters are all Repugs assholes—McCain, Kyle and Trent Franks.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:49 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with you, APL. It is time for Obama to stop the compromise talk....

Obama takes aim at his stimulus opponents: ‘You’re headed for a cliff.

Quote:
Tonight, in an address before a House Democratic retreat, President Obama issued a strident defense of his economic recovery package:

We can’t embrace the losing formula that says only tax cuts will work for every problem we face; that ignores critical challenges like our addiction to foreign oil, or the soaring cost of health care, or falling schools and crumbling bridges and roads and levees. I don’t care whether you’re driving a hybrid or an SUV — if you’re headed for a cliff, you’ve got to change direction. That’s what the American people called for in November, and that’s what we intend to deliver.

Republicans — and even some Democrats — have mounted attacks on the economy recovery package with a variety of superfluous attacks. Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA), for instance, said, “This was not a stimulus bill. It was a spending bill.” Obama fired back: “So then you get the argument, well, this is not a stimulus bill, this is a spending bill. What do you think a stimulus is? That’s the whole point. No, seriously. That’s the point.” (Watch the video here.)

Update Some other highlights from the speech:

-- "I welcome this debate. But come on, we're not -- we are not going to get relief by turning back to the very same policies that for the last eight years doubled the national debt and threw our economy into a tailspin. "

-- "When you start hearing arguments on the cable chatter, just understand a couple of things. Number one, when they say, well, why are we spending $800 billion -- we've got this huge deficit? First of all, I found this deficit when I showed up."

-- "Now, in fact, when we announced the bill, you remember -- this is only about, what, two weeks ago? When we announced the framework -- and we were complimented by Republicans, saying, boy, this is a balanced package, we're pleasantly surprised. And suddenly, what was a balanced package needs to be put out of balance?"

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:23 am 
Deal With It!

King Fisher wrote:
Apparently we have a "no go" situation here with the Republicans in the Senate. They talk big about wanting to do "something" for the people, but it really only for themselves....Oh!, and for their rich cohorts. So here's what I would tell Pres. Obama. Make a point and yell out loud... no stimulus money will go to any bank, credit card firms, or will there be any money spent on rebuilding highways, roads, projects in those cities, communities where there are...Republicans Senators living.

Pull the rope tight around their necks... Hang 'em High.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: Axelrod finally lets go on some of the Bush left-overs! :lol:

Axelrod To Bush Advisers: Butt Out

David Axelrod, a senior adviser to President Barack Obama, had harsh words for some of former President Bush's closest advisers during an interview with the Post's Lois Romano yesterday, dismissing as "intramural stuff" the critiques offered by the former Administration.

Axelrod praised Bush for his handling of the transition while sharply criticizing some of the former president's advisers.

Axelrod said he was "disappointed" by former Vice President Dick Cheney's comments regarding the planned closure of the Guantanamo Bay prison and the suggestion that it would increase the likelihood of a terrorist attack; he described himself as "surprised" by former White House chief of staff Andy Card's remark that not wearing a jacket in the Oval Office was disrespectful.

But, Axelrod saved his strongest condemnation for the man who held his job in the Bush White House: Karl Rove. Of Rove's criticism of Obama's economic stimulus plan, Axelrod said: "The last thing that I think we are looking for at this juncture is advice on fiscal integrity or ethics from Karl Rove -- anyone who's read the newspapers for the last eight years would laugh at that."

More at the link

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman