It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Being identified with Bush’s agenda ‘freezes the blood’
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Being identified with Bush’s agenda ‘freezes the blood’ of some SMU professors.

Editor & Publisher’s Greg Mitchell previews a New York Times Magazine piece set to come out this weekend that “explores the uproar over the soon-to-arrive ‘Freedom Institute’ established by former President George W. Bush at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.” The article says that some SMU professors are “half-convinced” that Bush will name Karl Rove as his foundation’s executive director yet “see Condi Rice as an acceptable alternative.” The article also provides further testimony that SMU faculty are extremely uncomfortable housing Bush’s library and “Freedom Institute” at their university:

Another historian there charges: “The Bush circle has done so much damage to every institution they’ve touched, it would be naive not to worry about the damage they could do to SMU.” […]

[The article] points out, “the prospect” of being identified “in perpetuity” with Bush’s agenda “freezes the blood of some of the university’s leading academics. Everything about the planned institute reminds them of what they detested about the Bush administration. It will proselytize rather than explore: a letter sent to universities bidding for the Bush center stipulated that the institute would, among other things, ‘further the domestic and international goals of the Bush administration.’”

Think Progress has been keeping up with the progress of the Bush Library. Here's a LINK TO THE THREAD

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Being identified with Bush’s agenda ‘freezes the blood’
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

double speak is a favorite for those into citizen surveillance.

Bush did everyting he could for that. I get updates from agents almost every week on what our surveillance society thinks of me.

They consider me a "conspiracy theorist" for one thing. Well......yea. I do believe that people occasionally get together and plan to do bad things secretly. Hence....a conspiracy.

So much government work can best be called "make work". Castro for example. They installed him. Then became obsessed with taking him down.

I've had agents help me several times. And hurt me many times. Guess that happens when you have so many agents that they are tripping over each other.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Pssibly the most dangerous agents are those who see what they want.

A couple weeks ago, one was walking without a shirt and calling it "80 degrees." It was 45 degrees at the time. His sunburned chest at 10:30 am was a bit curious for this time of the year.

Which reminds me. I need an alarm that tells me when my phone line is cut. Long story that. Last year, someone climbed the telephone poll out back and cut my line with a knife. That is what the telephone repairman said.

Do any of you folks know where I can get an alarm that indicates a cut phone line?

You never know who might know what, so no harm in asking.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Do any of you folks know where I can get an alarm that indicates a cut phone line?

You never know who might know what, so no harm in asking

Check out these sites, PT...

http://www.discovercircuits.com/A/alarms2.htm

http://www.aaroncake.net/Circuits/phonecut.asp

I recommend that you call a burglar alarm systems company and ask. They should have some info...or try your telephone company.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:00 pm 

Knowing you PT, you probably don't have any portable phones, i.e. the ones with a base unit and wireless handsets. Use of one these monitors the phone line for disruption and you never have to actually use the handset—thus keeping your conversations on landlines. One can be acquired for around $40 including a message machine.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:

You never know who might know what, so no harm in asking

Check out these sites, PT...

http://www.discovercircuits.com/A/alarms2.htm

http://www.aaroncake.net/Circuits/phonecut.asp

I recommend that you call a burglar alarm systems company and ask. They should have some info...or try your telephone company.

Cut phone line schematics are all over the place. I'm not that big of an electrical guy.

I need to upload camera feeds to the internet 24/7. But a cut line will destroy the upload.

The 'pros' cut lines first.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
Knowing you PT, you probably don't have any portable phones, i.e. the ones with a base unit and wireless handsets. Use of one these monitors the phone line for disruption and you never have to actually use the handset—thus keeping your conversations on landlines. One can be acquired for around $40 including a message machine.

I have used many of those before going with cell phones. Not sure what made you think I wouldn't have them. I'm one of the "new poors." Wasn't always that way.

I don't really need three phone lines these days.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:27 am 

Purple Tang wrote:
. . . Not sure what made you think I wouldn't have them. . . .

It is the ease of intercepting calls made on them that I thought would be the decisive factor. They are so much easier to tap into than landlines for the lazy agent. :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:26 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
Purple Tang wrote:
. . . Not sure what made you think I wouldn't have them. . . .

It is the ease of intercepting calls made on them that I thought would be the decisive factor. They are so much easier to tap into than landlines for the lazy agent. :shock:

Eh....you are a bit behind the times.

FISA allows the NSA to vacuum up emails and phone calls. These are automatically shared with Israel, intelligence officers who complain have negative careers.

The FBI can also 'turn on' most cell phones and use them as bugs. Warm batteries and prematurely discharged batteries are a clue.

I don't really care if they listen to me talking to family or friends. Why worry about things that one can do nothing about?

My concern is cutting the internet feed/phone line that uploads data from security cameras.

I am not so worried about terrorists half a world away. I am worried about false flag terrorism. I am most worried about the tactics of the neo government that was spawned under Cheney & Co.

This isn't petty political ideology anymore. This is a major shift where the government has transformed from protector to predator. All in the name of terrorism. Of course.

Do you a want a photo of the auto hit that fractured my hip?

Do you know how hard it is to find a civil rights attorney who is truly aware of how intrusive our citizen surveillance can be? I was going to meet with one attorney. When I said that I was concerned about eavesdropping, I never heard from him again.

Last night I had about the most vivid dream ever. A vicious sub-set of the CIA did a nocturnal raid and held a razor against my throat amidst dozens of blood curdling threats. Turns out that I knew their leader.

The net is about the only place to discuss this without getting saucer sized eyes. The ACLU talks tough but is apparently into other types of matters.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:06 pm 

Well I hope they do just that and scoop up everything. They would quickly overload their ability to analyze in any effective manner all the data mined. Data to be effective has to become information, if there is data overload, information never is achieved.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
Well I hope they do just that and scoop up everything. They would quickly overload their ability to analyze in any effective manner all the data mined. Data to be effective has to become information, if there is data overload, information never is achieved.

They have three ways of dealing with this problem:

1) Massive budget. Only the NRO has a larger budget.

2) Filters for "key words." Like marijuana, gold, constitution, bomb?

3) They hone in on people of interest and those people have their communications essentially handled by a human.

It is somewhat similar to KGB or Stasi tactics. They really didn't have the capacity to monitor everything so they convinced people that they might very well be monitored. They employed fear and made sure that people knew of the prosecutions.

However, we employ high technology and mind boggling budgets. Plus the ability to write to hard drives. Then you have creative agents, in such abundance they are tripping over each other, who are prone to seeing and hearing what their employer wants. How else do you get over a million Americans on your terrorist watch lists?

Bugs are reportedly the size of a grain of a sand and capable of burst communications. In the future, we can look forward to micro bug carriers that scurry under doors and recharge batteries by being close to an electrical power source.

My feeling is this will be funded at the expense of libraries and other services that actually serve the public.

Being a serpeant is far more profitable than being a servant. Its all for your protection. of course.