It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hailing the leader as a War President
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 10:12 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Since early 2002, the American government has repeated over and over and over that the only people at Guantanamo are Terrorists, the Worst of the Worst, both superhuman and sub-human animals. One U.S. military official famously said that Guantanamo detainees are "people who would chew through a hydraulic cable to bring a C-17 down." This was all assumed to be true without any need for it to be proven -- the War President, the Commander-in-Chief, decreed it to be so, and thus it was so.

Yet over the years, we've released hundreds of them -- the Worst of the Worst -- because it turned out they were guilty of absolutely nothing. After the Supreme Court, in June of 2008, ruled unconstitutional the U.S. Congress' denial of habeas corpus rights to Guantanamo detainees, federal courts that finally reviewed their cases began ruling that there is no credible to support the accusations against many of them. Yet still, most political and media elites -- in both political parties and across the political spectrum -- continue simply to assume that they are Terrorists. Think about what it says about someone who, even in the face of all the evidence of these continuous, false accusations, wants to vest the President with the power to keep people in cages indefinitely without having to prove their guilt, or is willing to simply assume that people we lock up are, by definition, Terrorists.

http://uruknet.com/?p=m54485&hd=&size=1&l=e

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: Hailing the leader as a War President
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

My understanding is that only 1 in 20 proved to be of high value. American witnesses basically said that we scooped up bodies and hoped they had information.

I just can't believe how far this country has slid in the past 8 years. We are now #6 for the electronic police state:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=97489

....waiting for lefty to chime in that this matters not, do not be unduly concerned.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:05 pm 
Deal With It!

Purple Tang wrote:
I just can't believe how far this country has slid in the past 8 years. We are now #6 for the electronic police state

But he (Bush) kept us safe!!!!!

You're overlooking the big picture!

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

anniefey wrote:
Purple Tang wrote:
I just can't believe how far this country has slid in the past 8 years. We are now #6 for the electronic police state

You're overlooking the big picture!

:wink:

I dont think so anniefey, but someone is.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

I appreciate the wink, anniefey...because Bush didn't "keep" us "safe." And we've not been "safe"... ever. What country is? Well, there's always Switzerland, I guess... :roll: .

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:32 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Madagascar is considered the safest in the event of a nasty virus. They close the ports very quickly. So I hear anyway.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson