It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What could have been
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:30 pm 

You gave great speeches addressing most of the problems facing the Amercian people giving hope to those who voted for you hope for change but they were just hollow words. As it turns out you are not a leader but a follower anwsering to those that have the most money an not those that need it the most. You got my vote but it will be the last. You know the McCain Palin ticket doesn't sound so bad at lest you would know what you had.

Post subject: Re: What could have been
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:00 am 

I was hoping for better too. I think most people were.

But given the direction we were headed just a year ago, Obama had one heck of a mess to clean up, and he hasn't been in office a year yet. Where do you start when a tornado hits something as huge as the federal government.

And a lot of those Bush appointments will still be in office for a very long time. Obama has to work around the mess yet...

I have heard others who say they will never vote again, and I understand the feeling. Obama isn't doing the job I hoped he would, but he is swimming upstream through man eating sharks. All I have to do is listen to my neighbors and I am again glad Obama won. Rs are blood thirsty.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't blame Obama so much as I blame the media and the fact that so much of the reporting on television news sources is mostly about all the negatives, the things Obama has NOT accomplished vs. what he HAS accomplished. Remember, too, that the 60 vote "majority" often requires Lieberman and his followers' support...that awful, snake in the grass (pardon me, snakes) who feels like he's God...and who is really a stinking repub.

Take your money from a big bank and put it into a community bank...I'm reading this all over the net today. Will it make a difference? What do you think?

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't know if this will make a "difference" in the vast scheme of things, I but I DO admire Dennis Kucinich!

Kucinich to Challenge for Top Democratic Spot on House Probe Panel

He's a little guy who still looks a little boyish at the age of 64. But Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) is one tough cookie. Kucinich is telling colleagues that his hard nose is what's needed to defend President Obama when Republicans take over the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee -- a panel that Democrats fear will be used to bludgeon the Obama administration.

The incoming chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), is a combative conservative who is widely expected to aggressively investigate the White House and federal work force, using the resources of the committee, which has subpoena power.

Kucinich, a hero to anti-war liberals and a two-time candidate for president, wants to be in position to defend the administration with the same pugnacity that he used fighting his way up through the tough ward politics on Cleveland's west side. But he is not the heir apparent to the ranking minority position on the panel. The obvious choice is Rep. Edolphus Towns (D-N.Y.), the outgoing chairman. And Towns wants the job. "Chairman Towns has clearly stated that any attempts to use this committee as a political weapon are intolerable and he will lead a strong and unified resistance against any such effort," a spokesman told the Washington Post.

But Kucinich said Wednesday he would run in an internal election for the committee post, saying the choice is "perhaps the most important vote" in the upcoming organization of the new Congress.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 pm 

It's been almost a year but my concerns about our gutless leader have now become true, he never did or never will represent the needs of the country or it's people, he did'nt just cave in he dropped at freefall speed. Hope an change are now replaced by hopeless an shortchanged dreams are now nightmares. I don't think I have ever seen a weaker looking president no fight whatsoever. Title for his book when he leaves office Let me be clear No Hope No Change!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I know those commenting on the board are oozing disappointment, tbolt....I am sickened and I think he will definitely be a one term president now. I am wishing nore and more every day that Hillary had won the nomination.

The presidency is up for grabs by the Repubs in 2012, and they must be giggling at how easily they managed to get back into power in two years when they were almost an obsolete party in January, 2008! :shock:

Trouble is, Obama's entire attitude is puzzling. Not once did I hear him mention the word VETO...and after the "shellacking " he took in November, he still wants to try to play with the Repubs like they're nice folks. Sometimes I think he's as dumb as Bush was...but I know that's not true...and that makes it even sadder...and more puzzlling.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman