It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Rotten Pea Pod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 pm 

Sarah Plain & Glen Beck...aka the two in a rotten Pea Pod.

I borrowed this from my favorite political site...Crooks and Liar's. The following excerpt was from Glen Beck's show..January 13, 2010. It was for one bad hour that happen in America. No one should have to listen to these two for a hour. Here we have one (Beck)insane asylum patient, and one (Palin) that should be in one beating their lips together how both can solve the world's problems. Read on...

BECK: I don't think you can go to Washington and not lose your soul. I've never met somebody who went to Washington and came back and I said, wow, you're a better person. Have you?

PALIN: Come to think of it, I don't know if I have, Glenn.

BECK: How do you — because the parties, the system is so infected, how do you, as an individual go in — I'm not asking if you're going to run. But let's just say you were going to run. How do you go in and how do I as voter know that you're not going to cut so many side deals to get that power that by the time you had that power, you're no longer who we needed?

PALIN: I think a voter first need to sincerely know and it sounds impossible, but sincerely knows who that candidate is to see what their track record and to see if they had lost their soul along the way.

BECK: We're not even talking about track record anymore. We're not talking about how did you vote? We're talking about trust. How do you restore trust and honor, how do we even know anymore?

PALIN: That is what everybody is asking. That is what those who are conscientious and concerned about America are asking and those who are so disenchanted and disgusted with Washington, D.C., I don't have that answer. I'm asking the same thing. How do we know that we can trust what is going on in the White House? The White House!

BECK: Do you know?

PALIN: I don't know. I don't know. But I don't feel that some of the things that they are doing are trustworthy.

BECK: I have to tell you that every time I bring up your name and somebody says who's out there? I answer one of two ways. I'm waiting for George Washington to appear. Then it's usually followed by your name. And I said, but I don't know. And it's not I don't know, I don't know if you're smart enough. I find this insulting. Your kids must find that extraordinarily insulting when they hear that. It's not that you're not capable or anything else. I don't know. I don't know. I can't give my trust out to anybody anymore. Every time you do, they burn you. Every time you're like oh!

PALIN: That is because we have a fallen world. And mankind is fallen and we can never put — I don't believe that we were created to be able to put our faith wholly, solely except for our spouse in another person. Certainly not in a politician. I don't believe that except, you know, looking back on our founding fathers and seeing the sincerity there and the genuine love that they had of the country, I don't think in recent days we can find too many of those politicians.

BECK: That's why we got to stop looking and start taking from the barrel and start picking from the tree. Who is your favorite founder?

PALIN: You know, well, all of them because they came collectively together with so much diverse .

BECK: Bull crap. Who is your favorite?

PALIN: So much diverse opinion and so much diversity in terms of belief, but collectively they came together to form this union.

PALIN: No, and they were led by, of course, George Washington, so he's got to rise to the top. Washington was the consummate statesman. He serves, he returned power to the people. He didn't want to be a king. He returned power to the people. Then he went back to Mount Vernon, he went back to his farm. He was almost reluctant to serve as president, too. And that is who you need to find to serve in government, in a bureaucracy.

Those who you know will serve for the right reasons because they're reluctant to get out there and seek a limelight and seek power. They're doing it for people. That was George Washington.

BECK: He is my favorite for that reason as well. He was the indispensable man. That's why I say I'm waiting for George Washington to appear. Someone who doesn't want to serve but will because he must. And someone who is so beyond question that he can bring people together and say look we have to do this. This can be hard.

PALIN: That's exactly what we need to seek in a candidate. Someone -
- I'll repeat this — almost reluctant to serve. Someone who will not prostitute themselves and say what they believe a voter wants to hear at that time in order to get elected but someone who the people find and ask, will you sacrifice, will you do this for our country to get us back on the right track?

BECK: That is why I think you're on the most admired list. Because some people find you to be that. As you came out of the blue, and you did serve. You were asked to serve. And you got butchered and you continually get butchered. And yet, you're still going.

PALIN: Well, let me tell you one thing in that vain. I would be perfectly happy to go back to Wasilla, Alaska, with my five children and grandson and raise a happy, healthy family and love the great outdoors and do the things we do in Alaska. But if I believe that in some capacity I can help this great nation, I'm going to be willing to sacrifice and to change some things and my lifestyle in order to, in order to serve. It doesn't have to mean, though, top dog. That doesn't have to really entail having any kind of title.

Post subject: Re: The Rotten Pea Pod
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Conversations From the Insane Asylum....make a great book!
:roll: :P

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:23 am 

King Fisher wrote:
Sarah Plain & Glen Beck...aka the two in a rotten Pea Pod.

I borrowed this from my favorite political site...Crooks and Liar's. The following excerpt was from Glen Beck's show..January 13, 2010. It was for one bad hour that happen in America. No one should have to listen to these two for a hour. Here we have one (Beck)insane asylum patient, and one (Palin) that should be in one beating their lips together how both can solve the world's problems. Read on...

. . . .

BECK: I have to tell you that every time I bring up your name and somebody says who's out there? I answer one of two ways.
I'm waiting for George Washington to appear. Then it's usually followed by your name. And I said, but I don't know. And it's not I don't know, I don't know if you're smart enough. I find this insulting. Your kids must find that extraordinarily insulting when they hear that. It's not that you're not capable or anything else. I don't know. I don't know. I can't give my trust out to anybody anymore. Every time you do, they burn you. Every time you're like oh!

PALIN: That is because we have a fallen world. And mankind is fallen and we can never put — I don't believe that we were created to be able to put our faith wholly, solely except for our spouse in another person. Certainly not in a politician. I don't believe that except, you know, looking back on our founding fathers and seeing the sincerity there and the genuine love that they had of the country, I don't think in recent days we can find too many of those politicians. . . . .

George Washington is never considered a great president by any serious historian but this kind of hyperbole is just enough to make me :scratch: and :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: .

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Beck should read An Imperfect God: George Washington, His Slaves, and the Creation of America by Henry Wiencek, This book would enlighten him a great deal about the merits of Washington and those like him of that era. That's not to say Washington wasn't a great American, but he was not a "great" President. Of course, Beck is too insanely in love with the money he rakes in spreading the ignorance at Fox News, as is Sarah Palin. Both of them are freaks...but what is beyond my understanding is how so many people believe their every word. :dontknow:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm 

Sarah Palin probably could only remember... did I say "remember", the name George Washington, is the fact his picture is on the one dollar bill. Certainly she couldn't name any other former President...maybe she could George W. Bush.

If someone would ask her the question, "Who is our Foundering Fathers", she might utter these words...Did someone father catch some flounder? I could see that happening.

I've asked this question to many people. Did anyone ever find where she attended college/university, or graduated from one?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:35 pm 

King Fisher wrote:
. . . .

I've asked this question to many people. Did anyone ever find where she attended college/university, or graduated from one?

The story is she switched colleges six times before graduating from the University of Idaho with a degree in Broadcast Journalism with an emphasis in Sports. No attempts or post-grad degrees claimed or found. The some somewhat complete story can be found here:

http://nahnopenotquite.com/2008/09/06/s ... education/

Similar to Dan Quayle and Bush the War Criminal there was never any release of grades.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:22 pm 

APL, the site you listed gives a dim view of Sarah's whereabouts during the years she was suppose to have attended college. Knowing the news media hounds, they would have sought, found, and listed every class she taken, plus the friends...if she had any, that would have taken a few dollars to reveal every detail Palin did in her college days. Also, the news hounds cannot find one college professor who had her in class, making me think she never attended or graduated from "any" college/university. The Freedom of Information Act hasn't turned up anything on her, and that would be a first.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any parent of average intelligence helping a child with his or her homework would pick up more than Palin seems to know about anything and everything. Does that mean she hasn't spent time with her children, helping them with their studies? :wink: Perhaps her degree is one of those that can be mail-ordered...they used to be very commonly advertised in lots of magazines.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:46 pm 

Let’s ask Catherine a question since she has taught at the college level. Cat, are you more likely to remember the exceptionally good (A) and bad student (F and disruptive), or the student sliding by to get a C and participates very minimally?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm more inclined to remember the A student more than any of the others at the college level. At the elementary level, where I spent most of my career, I also remember the A students, but I'm more likely to remember the failures because at that level, they represented my failure as their teacher....as well.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman