It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Insane Mentality
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:02 pm 

These two words usually don't go together, but in the category of American Politics they apply to some individuals. Insane we know as deranged, mentally ill, or down right crazy. Mentality can apply to a number of catagories...power, attitude, or outlook. However, when you connect the two, we must apply this to politics, and that is where I insert these two words today...American Politics.

So, I have listed here a number of people...those with "insane mentality", that we can say surely is qualified. The likes of Sarah Plain, Glen Beck, Sean Hannity, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, John Boehner, and I must add to the list...Evan Bayh as of 2/16/2010. You ask,why would I put Evan Bayh on the list... Well!, sometime next year former Senator Bayh will switch to the Republican party and guess what? Will run on the Republican ticket for President come 2012, and against who...Barack Obama.

NOTE: Please list others that qualify with Insane Mentality.

Post subject: Re: Insane Mentality
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:18 am 

How did you miss Rush Limbaugh? He started the trend didn't he? First one I remember anyway.

I am not good with names but how about that floozy from Minn? Man she says crazy things and appears to believe what she is saying. I hear she represents the people of her district. What a shame.

And Dr. Foxx in the House too. She is as ugly inside as she is on the outside.

Isn't there a pet name for "insane mentality"? Yeah, I think it is 'Conservative'.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think an insane mentality requires one to be a "Conservative Republican."

GOP Filibuster Record: Republicans Using Obstruction Tool With Astonishing Frequency

Quote:
WASHINGTON — The filibuster – tool of obstruction in the U.S. Senate – is alternately blamed and praised for wilting President Barack Obama's ambitious agenda. Some even say it's made the nation ungovernable.

Maybe, maybe not. Obama's term still has three years to run.

More certain, however: Opposition Republicans are using the delaying tactic at a record-setting pace.

"The numbers are astonishing in this Congress," says Jim Riddlesperger, political science professor at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth.

The filibuster, using seemingly endless debate to block legislative action, has become entrenched like a dandelion tap root in the midst of the shrill partisanship gripping Washington.

But the filibuster is nothing new. Its use dates to the mists of Senate history, but until the civil rights era, it was rarely used.

A tactic unique to the Senate, the filibuster means a simple majority guarantees nothing when it comes to passing laws.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

MORE REPUB INSANITY, BUT THIS IS ACTUALLY RATHER FUNNY IN A "NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES" SORT OF WAY.

Republicans Worry About Objectivity Of Parliamentarian They Appointed

Senate Republicans have begun a campaign to cast doubt on the Senate Parliamentarian and his capacity to impartially handle the reconciliation process for passing health care fixes. Several lawmakers and GOP officials told Politico that Alan Frumin is too close to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and thus predisposed to rule in his favor when reconciliation is raised.

It's a bold gambit to "work the ref" before the game has begun and it reflects some chutzpah on the part of the GOP, considering the recent history of the position.

Frumin was elevated to the post by Republican leadership in 2001, in part because he had a reputation for adhering to institutional mores rather than personal ideology. At the time, Majority Leader Trent Lott said he was confident Frumin could do the job, having known him for many years.

"It's going to be pretty hard for anybody to be too critical of it," Lott said of the appointment.

For Republicans to now raise concerns that Democratic leadership has compromised Frumin's objectivity is even more peculiar considering the GOP's antics leading up to his hiring.

In May 2001, Republican leadership fired Frumin's predecessor, Robert Dove, after he issued a series of rulings that complicated their efforts to pass aspects of the Bush tax cuts and budget proposals through reconciliation. Dove had decided it was inappropriate for money intended for natural disaster relief to be considered through budgetary rules -- and he was summarily axed.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman