It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 83  Next
 Post subject: Re: REPUBLICAN PEDOPHILIA, SCANDALS, AND UTTER MADNESS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Wish I could have seen his face...

:mrgreen: You and me, too...AOM...but I also wish he would have to serve more than just a month...that's not near long enough. :!:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:31 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Quote:
Wish I could have seen his face...

:mrgreen: You and me, too...AOM...but I also wish he would have to serve more than just a month...that's not near long enough. :!:

You're right as usual, Catherine...but we take what we can get, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I don't know anything more about this; I assume we will DEFINITELY get more information as it becomes available. Meantine, I've got four deliciously enticing words for you. Click on the headline below and let your imagination run wild:

JOHN BOEHNER SEX PROBE

Yeah, it IS from the Enquirer...but even if only a tiny slice of it's true, the old boy is TOAST. Remember: he's 61 years old, he's married and he has two children PLUS his political party has been claiming the mantle of "Family Values" for decades!!

Last edited by Angel Of Mercy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OHMIGOD...AOM...THE LINK DOESN'T WORK...SEE IF YOU CAN FIX IT! :bounce:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:54 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Link is fixed, Catherine; I left out a slant. Enjoy...

And thanks for the tip. I work on these rigorously timed library computers these days and sometimes I'm just going too fast to check all my work.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, AOM...I knew you'd come through. I'm so sorry you're having to use library computers. Be sure to use lots of hand sanitizer!

Quote:
New Speaker of the House JOHN BOEHNER is embroiled in a bombshell sex scandal - involving at least two different women, The ENQUIRER has learned!

Capitol Hill insiders and political bloggers have been buzzing about an upcoming New York Times probe - detailing an alleged affair that the 61-year-old married father of two had with pretty Washington lobbyist LISBETH LYONS.

And an ENQUIRER investigation has uncovered a bedroom encounter that Boehner - second in line of succession to the presidency - allegedly had with LEIGH LaMORA, a 46-year-old former press secretary to ex-Colorado Congressman JOEL HEFLEY.

The Ohio native, a congressman for 20 years, and his wife Deborah, 62, have been married for 37 years.

But she has shunned the capital's social scene, and he is often seen out on the town without her.

I want to see the NYT report...and don't forget that it was the Enquirer that first reported about John Edwards and his little fling which produced his love child, all while he was denying and denying the reports. Johnny will definitely have something to cry about if this is shown to be accurate. :blackeye:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

WAY TO GO, NY...FOR VOTING IN THIS REPUB IDIOT! :lol: :lol:

FRESHMAN GOPER DIDN'T KNOW THE GOVERNMENT PAYS FOR HER HEALTH BENEFITS!

A fun nugget buried in this story about Rep. Ann Buerkle's (R-NY) first town hall meeting as an elected member of Congress. Constituents repeatedly asked a puzzled Buerkle about her health benefits. She couldn't figure out why. But her staff sure could.

Buerkle, who voted to repeal the health care reform act, was twice asked about the health insurance she receives as a government employee. At first she said she couldn't understand why people were so interested in her health insurance, and that taxpayers didn't pay anything for it. She later corrected herself after being handed a note from a staffer. Like most employees, she pays for a portion of her insurance and her employer, the government, pays the rest, she said.

YOU CAN READ MORE AT http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/ ... t_tow.html

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:20 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
Thanks, AOM...I knew you'd come through. I'm so sorry you're having to use library computers. Be sure to use lots of hand sanitizer!

Amen, my friend. They've got these snotty-nosed elementary school munchkins who pick their noses and teeth...and sneeze all over the keyboards. Yuck.

I simply knew you'd enjoy the Boner article! (That's my preferred spelling, by the way...)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GOP Senator Proposes Increasing Social Security Retirement Age 'Every Several Years'

This is what Sen. Shelby (R-AL) wants...He spoke disapprovingly of the fact that the richest 5 percent of Americans pay, he said, 55 percent of taxes (actually, it's about 59 percent.) That's the result of an income-tax system that is not nearly as progressive as it used to be, or as the public wants.

But Shelby thinks the rich are paying too much -- not too little.

:evil: Another Alabama idiot...who at age 76 should go home and stay there.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to post a reply that I saw at the link. It is in three parts and posted by Huffpost member Doc Stranglove:
Is he right or is he wrong?

Quote:
Part 1 of 3:

A reality check for those all too willing to cave to the fear propagated by the liars in the corporate media.

Myth #1: “Social Security is going broke”.

Reality:

There is NO Social Security crisis.

By 2023, Social Security will have a $4.6 trillion surplus (yes, trillion with a 'T'). It can pay out all scheduled benefits for the next quarter-ce­ntury with no changes whatsoever­.

After 2037, it'll still be able to pay out 75% of scheduled benefits—a­nd again, that's without any changes. The program started preparing for the Baby Boomers' retirement decades ago.

Anyone who insists Social Security is broke probably wants to break it themselves­.

Myth #2: “We have to raise the retirement age because people are living longer”.

Reality:

This is a red-herrin­g to trick you into agreeing to benefit cuts.

Retirees are living about the same amount of time as they were in the 1930s. The reason average life expectancy is higher is mostly because many fewer people dìe as children than they did 70 years ago.

What's more, what gains there have been are distribute­d very unevenly—s­ince 1972, life expectancy increased by 6.5 years for workers in the top half of the income brackets, but by less than 2 years for those in the bottom half.

But those intent on cutting Social Security love this argument because raising the retirement age is the same as an across-the­-board benefit cut.

Part 2 of 3:

Myth #3: “Benefit cuts are the only way to fix Social Security”.

Reality:

Social Security doesn't need to be fixed, if we want to strengthen it, here's a better way: Make the rich pay their fair share. If the very rich paid taxes on all of their income, Social Security would be sustainabl­e for decades to come.

Right now, high earners only pay Social Security taxes on the first $106,000 of their income, but conservati­ves insist benefit cuts are the only way because they want to protect the super-rich from paying their fair share..

Part 3 of 3:

Myth #4: “The Social Security Trust Fund has been raided and is full of IOUs”.

Reality:

Not even close to true.

The Social Security Trust Fund isn't full of IOUs, it's full of U.S. TREASURY BONDS AVAILABLE ONLY to the Social Security TRUST to purchase. .. (and no matter HOW many tines some of you insist that they are the “same thing”.. they’re NOT). And those bonds are backed by the full faith and credit of the United States.

The reason Social Security holds only treasury bonds is the same reason many Americans do: The federal government has never missed a single interest payment on its debts.

President Bush wanted to put Social Security funds in the stock market—whi­ch would have been disastrous­—but luckily, he failed. So the trillions of dollars in the Social Security Trust Fund, which are separate from the regular budget, are as safe as can be.

Myth #5: “Social Security adds to the deficit”.

Reality:

It's not just wrong—it's impossible­!

By law, Social Security's funds are separate from the budget, and it must pay its own way. That means that Social Security can't add one penny to the deficit.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rep. Posey Can’t Say If He Takes Govt. Health Care Because He Doesn’t ‘Know’ If He’s ‘A Federal Employee’

Over the past few months, congressional Republicans have endured much criticism for privately accepting government-sponsored health insurance as they publicly railed against health care reform. First, Rep. Andy Harris (R-MD) unleashed an infamous tirade at a House Republican retreat and demanded to know why his government-run health plan would be delayed for 28 days after his swearing-in. Rep. Joe Crowley (D-NY) responded by demanding that any member of Congress who voted to repeal health care reform also forgo government-sponsored health care for himself. However, of the 242 congressional GOPers who voted for repeal, just 14 have agreed to reject government health insurance.

When asked why they will continue to accept government-managed and subsidized health care while voting to strip such funding for regular citizens, Republicans in Congress have used any number of excuses. Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) explained to ThinkProgress that he was only on the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program because he was “actually lowering” premiums for older members of Congress. Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) told the New York Daily News (without a hint of irony), “What am I, not supposed to have health care?[...] God forbid I get into an accident and I can’t afford the operation. That can happen to anyone.” Most recently, Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-NY) was surprised to learn that her health insurance plan was subsidized by the government, but has no plans to turn it down regardless.

However, none of these excuses can compare to the one given by Rep. Bill Posey (R-FL). ThinkProgress recently spoke with Posey, who gained notoriety in 2009 for sponsoring the original “birther bill” in Congress. We asked the congressmen if he plans to turn down government-subsidized health insurance for himself in light of his push to repeal health care reform. His response: “I don’t know. Am I a federal employee?”

Watch it:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:evil: CRIME DOES PAY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A REPUB SHILL! :evil: :evil:

Scanlon Could Be Ordered To Pay $20 Million to Tribes and K Street Firm

Michael Scanlon, a central figure in the Jack Abramoff scandal who turned state's evidence years ago, is finally sentenced today. He could be ordered to pay millions in restitution but he's arguing the scandal already damaged his earning potential. As Susan Crabtree reports, those who have followed the scandal closely suspect that even with restitution and prison time, Scanlon could walk out of jail still a very rich man.

A U.S. district court judge is poised to order Michael Scanlon, Jack Abramoff's partner in a wide-ranging lobbying sandal, to cough up more than $20 million to compensate several Indian tribes, as well as Abramoff's former lobbying firm, for his role in defrauding them.

Scanlon faces sentencing Friday morning, and in the weeks leading up to it, former congressional aides and lobbyists stung by the scandal have griped about the tens of millions of dollars Scanlon has amassed and sunk into extensive real estate holdings in Dewey Beach, Del. and D.C. His attorneys have argued that Scanlon should not have to pay the full $19 million he had agreed to when he pled guilty five years ago because of the extensive damage the scandal has done to his earning potential and his role as a father of two boys.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

REPRESSED...AND HORNY!!

New York Republican Representative Chris Lee--46-year-old married father of one!--resigned after it was learned that he flirted with a strange woman over an online gossip site and sent her a shirtless photo of himself!

These guys are just so desperate and immature it absolutely floors me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Wisconsin GOP Governor Pushes For Massive Rollback Of Worker Rights

This is what you get when you either don't vote or you let the stupids like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin wash your brain BEFORE YOU VOTE. :evil:

Wisconsin's new Republican governor has set a new benchmark in fraying state-union relations in the wake of massive GOP victories in the November elections.

In an interview with the Associated Press, Scott Walker proposed stripping nearly all government workers of their collective bargaining rights. And as a warning shot across the bow, he told Wisconsin reporters Friday that he's alerted the National Guard ahead of any unrest, or in the event that state services are interrupted. Under his plan, which he'll include in his forthcoming budget proposal, most state workers would no longer be able to negotiate for better pensions or health benefits or anything other than higher salaries, which couldn't rise at a quicker pace than the Consumer Price Index.

According to the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer "The proposal would effectively remove unions' right to negotiate in any meaningful way. Local law enforcement and fire employees, as well as state troopers and inspectors would be exempt."

He also says this plan is non-negotiable -- as in, he's cut off negotiations with prison guards, teachers and other state workers.

SCOTT HOSNI MUBARAK WALKER...GOVERNOR OF WI... :wink:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

House Ethics Office Investigates Rep. Schmidt's Ties To Turkish-American Interest Group

The Office of Congressional Ethics is looking into the legal assistance that Rep. Jean Schmidt (R-OH) is allegedly receiving from a Turkish-American interest group, according to a report in Roll Call.

Bruce Fein, an attorney for Schmidt, told the Capitol Hill newspaper, that he is responding to an OCE request but would not say whether or how Schmidt is paying for his legal services.

The OCE is an independent board made up of mainly former members of Congress that reviews allegations against lawmakers and makes recommendations to the full House Ethics Committee for further action.

Fein is an attorney with the Turkish American Legal Defense Fund and a resident scholar at the Turkish Coalition of America.

OCE investigations are supposed to be kept secret unless the Ethics Committee opens a formal inquiry based on the office's recommendations. Often times, however, in the course of investigating complaints filed against members, outside organizations and people are contacted who do not have any obligation to keep the matter private.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 83  Next