It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 83  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Greetings, Catherine!

You KNOW I don't mind any improvements made to my work...most of the time I need all the help I can get. Thank you.

I sure was startled to find that I hadn't updated things here in almost three weeks; time flies when you're having fun. You're SOOOOO right about keeping this thread highly visible. And I've got enough material to do just that!

Trust the Angel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
Trust the Angel...

I ALWAYS do! :D

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:23 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Late Breaking News!

We have a some REAL goodies for you today, friends and neighbors! These RePERVlican slime just can't seem to behave themselves...and your everlovin' Angel Of Mercy has all the dirt.

This past Wednesday, Sept. 27th, Randall Casseday was indicted for attempting to entice what he believed to be a 13-year-old girl over the Internet...only it was actually a male police officer working undercover. (Pretty bad deal when the paper you work for covers your arrest and details the charges against you.) Now, these online stings are nothing new; sexual predators and degenerates of every description troll for flesh on their computers these days. What makes this one so fascinating was that Casseday worked as Human resources director for the rar-right Washington Times, the newspaper that was started up by Sun Myung Moon in 1982. The Times is as nasty a snakepit as you could ever imagine, with managing editor Francis B. Coombs a confirmed racial nationalist, rabid conservative and abusive administrator. (Editor-in-chief Wesley Pruden is no bargain either.) Moon himself is a foaming freakjob who refers to himself as "The Lord of the Second Advent", meaning the new Messiah. He blithely claims--with a completely straight face, mind you!--that Jesus bowed down to him and appointed him to be mankind's savior for the new millenium. His stated purpose is to unite the world under a government in which the separation of church and state would be abolished, with he and his followers at its head. I believe they call that rampant megalomania.

If you're not familiar with the ol' Moonster, he's primarily responsible for revamping and reinvigorating the Republican Party in the 1980's (Remember The Moonies?) and many millions of the dollars collected by his Unification Church have succeeded in advancing a "Pay The Rich" conservative message over the last two decades. His newspaper, of course, is one of their major propaganda outlets despite the fact that it has lost money ever since its inception...but it was spewing rightwing extremist filth long before Faux News ever got into the game. If you are seeking further information on Moon machinations, and I sincerely urge you to find out EVERYTHING you can about these planned subversions, you can go to Where In Washington,DC Is Reverend Moon? or, even better is this site, despite the fact that it hasn't been updated in nearly two years. It contains important and terrifying historical information that you ought to have.

Republican hopeful Jeanine Pirro just can't seem to catch a break. After her planned campaign against Sen. Hillary Clinton of New York imploded on the launching pad, she's now under federal investigation for plotting to illegally spy on her own husband. The REALLY funny part of this is that she hatched this hair-brained scheme with Big Bad Bernard Kerik, one-time appointee for the Department of Homeland Security...who's had his own problems this year, getting fined for taking bribes.

No, there are no honest Republicans. None.

The big enchilada, however, is the sudden resignation of Florida Representative Mark Foley. This one has ALL your basic Republican hypocrisy and perversion wrapped up into one bombshell of a story...that just so happened to be dropped as Congress was preparing to adjourn. Hoo boy! You see, Foley is a CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL PEDOPHILE who was exchanging creepy e-mails with a 16-year-old page. (Question: If you're a gay GOoPer, are you required to hate yourself?) His abrupt departure leaves the GOP in his home state scrambling to replace him for November's midterm elections...and he was considered pretty much a shoo-in for reelection. Oops.

But it gets better! Foley is such a thoroughgoing hypocrite that not only did he NEVER admit publicly to his sexual preferences, but he authored legislation to strengthen sex offender penalties in the Adam Walsh Child Safety Act of 2005. He was, by the way, chairman of the Missing and Exploited Children's Caucus...so while he was legislating against it, he was DOING it. Got that?

Bet you didn't think that it could get any better than THAT. Guess again! It turns out that the Republican leadership in the House of Representatives KNEW ABOUT FOLEY A YEAR AGO!!! Just look here and here. This means that Rodney Alexander, John Boehner (Boner!), Dennis Hastert, Thomas Reynolds, John Shimkus, Tom DeLay and/or Roy Blunt HAD TO know what was going on, even if they didn't know the explicit details.

This matter was referred to the House Ethics Committee--which, by the way, is equally divided between Democrats and Republicans--in a 410 to 0 vote and when the ne Congress convenes next year we could see quite a few GOP heads being used as bowling balls!

Doncha LOVE it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

reverend moon:

http://tvnewslies.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4277

the guy has alot of influence on america's elected people....kinda scary in a way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:14 pm 

Tom Reynolds is my so called representative. He represents NOTHING I believe in. I hear Louise Slaughter was on Rochester news yesterday saying Reynolds knew about Mark Foley, and Reynolds assured the audience he had done everything in his power to remedy the situation.

Yeah, sure.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Dori: Reynolds is a lying sack of stuffing. You may tell him I said so...

The More We Learn, The Worse It Gets...

Oh, baby. The Mark Foley Cover-Up, now known as "Predatorgate," has got enough legs to run the Boston Marathon! The media can't leave it alone; it keeps sucking up all the oxygen. Who'da thunk it? When a little-known Florida Representative resigned abruptly three evenings ago, I just sort of assumed its significance would get lost in the Friday news dump. Instead, it's been fueled by fresh and outrageous revelations on a daily basis...and that very same voyeuristic mindset which kept a titillated public focussed on the fake JonBenet murderer has been operating here.

And this one's got EVERYTHING! There's a pedophile who's also a homosexual, scads of salacious e-mails, a high-level GOP conspiracy...why, the Democrats couldn't have done better had they been gifted with a genie, a lamp and three wishes just before the November midterms. You can bet your last piaster that embattled Republicans would rather be talking about almost anything else right about now...

The latest wrinkle is that the Foley camp initially manifested the standard rightwing revulsion to any hint of truth. It seems that while this story was still in the pipe at ABC News, one of his strategists called up Brian Ross and tried to get him to cut a deal that would smother some of the more sordid details. Ross wasn't having any, thank you very much, because new e-mails were coming out, each more incriminating than the last.

In a last-ditch attempt to deflect criticism, the Congressman has checked himself into a rehab clinic for alcoholism and behavioral difficulties. I would hope that Florida voters what a transparent sham this is. Your cynical GOP manipulators are trying to turn their gross liability into a figure of sympathy as if he is somehow the victim here rather than the teenage boys whom he harassed sexually. (Sober sidelight: We will probably NEVER know what degree of success he achieved in his stalkings unless one of the youthful victims can withstand the shame of coming forward.) A johnny-on-the-spot blogger--Michael Petrelis, by name--has dug through freaky Foley's media quotes and come up with some telling examples of his blatant hypocrisy. Read them for yourself HERE if you think your stomach is strong enough. It is oddly fitting that this maggot may well have violated a law that he himself helped write as co-chairman of the Missing and Exploited Children's Caucus.

Meantime, House Speaker J. Dennis Hastert is feeling the heat from Democrats as well as members of his own party who want to know who knew about all of this and when they knew it. Make no mistake here: It's not about covering up for a pedophile predator, but rather their diminishing chances to retain a tenuous hold on political power...and Hastert knows beyond any doubt that they'll throw HIM under the bus in a heartbeat if necessary.

Josh Marshall, �ber-blogger and astute political analyst of Talking Points Memo, points out that now, no matter what happens from this stage, the House Republican leadership has been "decapitated," rendered null and void in the upcoming election. They'll hardly be able to go ANYWHERE or say ANYTHING without having to answer multitudes of embarrassing questions...which can only be a good thing for Democrats. Oh, yeah...and they could very well LOSE THEIR REELECTION CAMPAIGNS.

Yesterday, he wrote an open letter to Attorney General "Torture" Gonzales asking for an investigation which was published in the Chicago Tribune...the very same thing that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was hooted and booed down for doing and which was, by the way, blocked by Majority Leader John Boner. (My preferred spelling of his name.) Now, I'm not sure if a public letter is the same as a formal investigation request because, in fact, he STILL appears to be forestalling any serious probe into the matter...although what might be left to cover up at this late date would have to be pretty horrific. The FBI has already begun a preliminary investigation, as has the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. (Betcha Jeb Bush is having a FIT.) Meanwhile, Hastert's website has been scrubbed of ANY mention of "Keeping Kids Safe in Cyberspace" which had been prominent there just two days ago...

The most astonishing fact to emerge so far is that Matthew Loraditch, a page in the 2001-2002 class, told ABC News that a Republican staff member warned pages FIVE YEARS AGO to watch out for Foley. This effectively removes any trace of the "I didn't know" defense...and pretty makes conspiracy cover-up an inevitable conclusion. And don't think that all those "Security Moms" don't know it!

The White House weighed in on this issue early today by way of Tony Snowjob. He dismissed the entire as "simply naughty e-mails."

Somehow, I just don't think that's going to be good enough...

Last edited by Angel Of Mercy on Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:45 am 

great thread, keep 'er rollin.

yeah it's funny how repuglican voters are quickly running outta legitimate "values" reasons to vote for Grand Ole Pedophlie candidates.

i did some flipping between the channels last evening to see how the foley scandal was being approached. cbs, nbc it was the 2 story. cnn, msnbc it was THE story. every 5 minutes or so i would flip over to fauxnews to see how they were reporting it. on brit humes show the top story was the amish girl murders, the iraq situation and the world stopping/hold the presses story about how we should be outraged that roger clemens is suspected of using steriods the same as barry bonds!

same thing on oreilly. i would check back every 5 minutes or so and POOF!!..........almost as if the story never even happened!

finally on hannity and colmes the story was actually being addressed. but the typical hannity/neocon spin was all you heard. he kept spinning the story back to what a dem rep did back in the early 80s and kept pathetically trying to tie the gop coverup by hastert and the gang as being also inclusive/complicit of democrats.

but i think thier whole sick and twisted bushicon world is beginning to crash and burn right before thier eyes as they see the poll numbers that i saw on cnn last night that showed in all of the senate races not one of the races has a gop candidate in the lead. in most cases the dems are kicking butt.

and the senate wasn't even supposed to really be in play for a takeover by the dems, originally it was just the house.

ole bubba gotta being grinnin from ear to ear !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:57 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

let's see how american voters take this.

will they let it slide or will this convince them to vote different?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The cynic in me says it will have no effect whatsoever on the methane breathing masses...

but...

the optimist says it will be a democratic landslide... it's the reprise of 1994, only the shoe is on the other paw...

:twisted:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:24 am 

My biggest fear--those voting machines are still being run by secret codes owned by Rs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I don't think they'd try that, Dori... No one would beleive it considering the ground swelling disapproval of republicans that seems to be taking place over this latest scandal and coverup.

They knew about Foley being gay long before yesterday and knew of his salacious emails to minors long before last Friday but that didn't stop the self righteous republicans from villifying Barney Franks, an openly gay man in a committed long term relationship with another ADULT!

Got glass house?

:twisted:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:23 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Stripey!!!! Hey there, you Big ol' Cat!

ALWAYS a pleasure to see you in these parts. I don't know whether you've been checking my Conceptual Guerilla blog or not, but I put up four--count 'em, FOUR--posts about this RePERVlican reprobate. I'll probably paste one here at the conclusion of this.

I agree with you that they aren't likely to try any e-voting chicanery. It's not only the broad public outrage of GOoPers protecting a KNOWN degenerate, it's also that Princeton plastered THIS all over the 'net. As a matter of fact, they may have even published the coding that hacks Diebold machines.

Those maggots knew about Foley ELEVEN YEARS ago, according to a WaPo article I cited in one of my blog entries...and don't think the public isn't paying attention. This is getting BIG play in print and on TV...and there are fresh injections of revolting revelations daily! The flying monkeys of the far right are scared spitless that they've alienated their fundy base; Foley has ADMITTED being queer as a blue three dollar bill! They're also terrified that all the mothers are going to turn against them for failing to protect children. This ol' Angel is predicting a Democratic ROUT in November. I didn't think we could take the Senate at first, but after this I'm a believer!

Grotesque Old Pedophiles

Your everlovin' Angel Of Mercy would have been willing to bet big bucks that we wouldn't STILL be talking about Mark "The Shark" Foley, GOP Congressional pervert. It's been a full five days since this bombshell arrived, liberally splashing the supposed Party of Moral Values with smarm and sparking open revolt. Just shows ta go ya...

Americans are freaked, the media is in full feeding-frenzy mode and GOP credibility is going down faster than cheap hookers at a Las Vegas convention. Even Jay Leno is piling on and he's your basic right-leaning enabler, camouflaged under a thin Everyman veneer. THAT means this puppy has reached critical mass. Yay!

You heard it here first: There is now virtually NO chance for the Bush Crime Syndicate to retain their House and Senate majorities come November. (Barring some massive Diebold electronic voting chicanery, of course.) People don't like degenerates preying upon innocent children...but they like cynical politicians who cover up for such human garbage a good deal less. Foley himself, now safely ensconced in an undisclosed rehab clinic, has admitted that, yes, he IS gay, and that he was molested by a clergyman in his youth. So I guess it only makes sense for him to go out and do that to someone else. Scumbag.

Reuters news service reports today that a conspicuously anonymous "Republican aide" calls the next few days crucial and says ominously that "somebody has to take the fall." Having been so wrong about the staying power of this scandal in the news-cycle already, I refuse to make any guesses as to who that might be. We do, however, have a list of suspects that's long and growing longer. Ladies and gentlemen, take your pick!

**Rep. J. Dennis Hastert, (R-Il) Speaker of the House: The Washington Times, founded by Sun Myung Moon and an organ of the far right ever since 1982, is calling for his head on a platter, er, his resignation. A VERY bad sign. It's also highly indicative of a profound ideological split between the sincerely conservative wing of that party and its flying monkey freakjob contingent which is sociopathic, power-drunk, irresponsible and not the least bit conservative.

On the Junkie Limbaugh rantfest today, Hastert claimed the whole inconvenient affair was a Democratic hatchet job perpetrated by unnamed anti-social elements that are against The War of Terror™. Huh?!? He says he won't resign...but that may no longer be his decision to make. Also, his opponent for that Illinois Representative's seat--John Laesch, by name--may make it a moot point by beating the daylights out of him at the polls in five weeks.

**Rep. Thomas Reynolds, (R-NY): Chairman of the national Republican COngressional Committee, he accepted something like $100,000 from Foley AFTER learning of his attempted seductions via e-mail. Reynolds vehemently denies knowledge of the more explicit instant messages which were released later, yet his current Chief of Staff, Kirk Fordham, is Foley's FORMER Chief of Staff...and also the conscielce-challenged clown who tried to negotiate with ABC's Brian Ross to suppress some of the more incriminating details of this case. I explained a bit of that in yesterday's post.

In a very disturbing press conference where he was surrounded by some three dozen children, Reynolds made repeated protestations of his own innocence, all but swearing that he didn't knowingly participate in any cover-up. (Video here.) The content of his denials range anywhere from decidedly unlikely to a full, steaming load of balderdash. We report, you decide.

**Rep. John Shimkus, (R-Il): He heads the House Page Board. He allowed Foley to spend "a lot of time" with the pages. (It's in the Congressional Record!!) This includes a private dinner with one of them for which the young man in question had to notify the Clerk of the House...who just happens to work for Hastert. No plausible deniability there, folks. And also note that the pages BIDDED on this dinner, competing with one another to spend time with a man the GOP already knew had some pretty serious issues. "I see," said the blind man. As John Aravosis puts it so trenchantly, "Shimkus is toast."

**Rep. Rodney Alexander, (R-Fl): Nothing new from yesterday...but he MUST be included on our list of possible participants in a cover-up that threatens EVERYBODY in the immediate vicinity.

The Republican Party now finds itself in broad dissaray just over a month a crucial election. Joe Scarborough, former GOP Congressman and now overpaid rightwad apologist for MSNBC, dumps on Foley, excoriates House leadership and mourns the possible losses which may result from their having the bad manners to get caught. Go cry in your beer, Joe...okay? I don't want to hear it. On the other hand, Joseph Farah, who is the founder, editor and CEO of the hard-right WorldNetDaily, condemns the whole reprehensible lot of them as "unworthy." It is hard to over-emphasize what this means coming from a staunch, unwavering droid for the right such as Farah has been over the years. Wow. The Washington Post's Jim VanderHei, himself an unrepentant GOoPer, tries--unsuccessfully, in my not-particularly-humble-opinion--to put some lipstick on that pig. Better luck next time, Jimmy.

Can't you smell the smoke? That's the stink of smoldering elephant...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:32 am 

Keith Olberman said Fox showed Foley to be a Dem three times yesterday. Big letters, Foley (D) Florida. Wonder how that could have happened.

Also showed Laura Bush standing respectfully just to the side and behind Reynolds at a fundraiser near Buffalo. Scads of flags behind him.

Oh, what the Rs have done and continue to do to our flag...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:39 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Keith Olberman said Fox showed Foley to be a Dem three times yesterday. Big letters, Foley (D) Florida. Wonder how that could have happened.

Also showed Laura Bush standing respectfully just to the side and behind Reynolds at a fundraiser near Buffalo. Scads of flags behind him.

Oh, what the Rs have done and continue to do to our flag...

Look at what Reynolds had scads of behind him at his press conference.

Children of supporters are assembled nearby
as Rep. Thomas M. Reynolds conducts a
news conference at Daemen College.

Surrounded by three dozen children of his political supporters, Reynolds replied that he and Fordham never discussed Foley's reputation.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20 ... 022748.asp

Reynolds and the Kiddies

The Upstate media today is all about Tom Reynolds' bizarre press conference yesterday, at which he surrounded himself by small children. At one point, reporters asked if he could make the children leave so they could as adult questions, and he refused.

Watch the Video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hmmmmm... purrty low down to hide behind children... but what do you expect from spineless cowards?

Now Hastert is blaming the Vast LEFT Wing Conspiracy...

What a hoot... ABC says it was a republican aide that gave them the information, IMO, obviously pissed off that the republican "leader"ship had done nothing with the same information... I guess that means the

Grotesquely Odd Pedophiles

just protect their own...

:evil:

~~ Socrates

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 83  Next