It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm Beat, and Out for the Count
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 am 

On CNN Sunday. ZAKARIA, GPS show. Referring to President Obama. Bill Maher said this....

MAHER: He looks beaten down. That's what disturbs me. You know, I thought when we elected the first black president, as a comedian, I thought two years in I'd be making jokes about what a gangster he was, you know. And not that he's President Wayne Brady. I thought we're getting Suge Knight.

And, you know, for him to be talking about compromising with the Republicans on the Bush tax cuts, where -- where are they going to draw a line in the sand? When are they going to remember who they are? I'm so disappointed and I still like him and still think there's hope. He could get it yet, but I'm so disappointed that he just seems to be another in a long line of Democrats that come across as wimpy and woozy and whatever word you want to as describe to it of not standing up for what they believe in enough.

The Republicans seem to continually stake out a position further, further to the right and then demand that the Democrats meet them in the middle except that that's not the middle anymore.

-------------------

I agree 100% what Bill Maher states, the president looks beaten and searching for what to do and say.

Post subject: Re: I'm Beat, and Out for the Count
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Agreed...I thought the "shellacking" would have hardened enough by now to make him realize that he's got to stand tough, especially now that's he's lost the House...if he ever had it anyway, but so far, no steam...I thought he looked beaten down and maybe he went to Afghanistan to get some cheers from the troops to make him feel better...who knows? I only know that I am disappointed and, while there's still hope for him to show us Obama the Candidate instead of Obama the beaten President, I just don't think it will happen.

What Now for the Democrats?

Quote:
Let's imagine the political possibilities of the next two years and beyond. So far, President Obama's response to the drubbing of the mid-term has confirmed the progressive community's worst fears. Astonishingly, he still seems to believe the following:

The American people care more about bipartisan compromise and budget cuts than about ending the economic crisis.

If he just compromises a little more, the Republicans might still meet him halfway.
The recipe for economic recovery has something to do with reducing the short term federal deficit.

All three of these premises are disastrously wrong -- as politics and as economics.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:23 pm 

Catherine, when Obama plays the republican game on their turf, he certainly will not get the ball to score. I'm like Bill Maher, the republicans have moved the goal post so far to the right, the middle is still their end of the field... referring to the facts, the democrats get a score, it's in the republican favor.

I don't know who running the White House, But, we know it's not Barack Obama.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm 

Here's another person that expresses some concern about President Barack Obama future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarence B. Jones, appearing in 2008 on Tavis Smiley's PBS show.
I had lunch with my oldest son yesterday and he asked if I thought there'd be a primary challenge to Obama. I told him it wouldn't happen unless the black voters supported it, and I didn't think we were quite there yet. That was before I read Clarence Jones' Huffington Post piece this morning.

Jones was a personal advisor, legal counsel, draft speech writer and close friend of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he's a Scholar in Residence at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute at Stanford University. When someone with those credentials is calling for a primary challenge to Obama, something very interesting is happening. Outlier -- or crack in the dam? We'll see:

When few other public figures of national stature spoke out about Johnson's escalation of the war in Vietnam, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, at New York City's Riverside Church, before a meeting of Concerned Layman and Clergy, on April 4th, 1967, said "A time comes when silence is betrayal." For Dr. King, it was "time to break the silence."

And, so it is with Obama's continued squandering of the extraordinary support he developed for his election as President.

Go and check out the video clips of the panorama of faces that assembled in Grant Park in Chicago after the election results confirmed his victory. Check out the million + people who came to Washington to witness his Inauguration.

It is not easy to consider challenging the first African-American to be elected as President of the United States. But, regrettably, I believe that the time has come to do this.

It is time for Progressives to stop whining and arguing among themselves about whether President Obama will or will not do this or that. Obama is no different than any other President, nominated by his national party. He was elected with the hard work and 24/7 commitment of persons who believed and enlisted in his campaign for "Hope" and "Change."

You don't have to be a rocket scientist nor have a PhD in political science and sociology to see clearly that Obama has abandoned much of the base that elected him. He has done this because he no longer respects, fears or believes those persons who elected him have any alternative, but to accept what he does, whether they like it or not.

It is time for those persons who constituted the movement that enabled Senator Barack Obama to be elected to "break their silence"; to indicate that they no longer will sit on their hands, and only let off verbal steam and ineffective sound and fury, and "hope" for the best.

The answer is blowin' in the wind.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

KF...I have just realized that your signature says it all about Obama...and it's very hard to accept that those million + good folks who came out to see the newly minted President Obama on Election Night in 2008 were the ones who have been shellacked....and how they are feeling tonight. I am just appalled that he caved...I thought he'd at least threaten a veto...but no dice. Thirteen months for the workers and two years for the bosses....no progress, no change, and certainly no hope.... :(

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dan Rather: Obama Could Get a Serious Primary Challenge in 2012

Quote:
Former "CBS Evening News" anchor Dan Rather is predicting that if the Bush tax cuts are extended for two years (as now appears likely) President Obama will face a tough primary challenge from the left.

Appearing on MSNBC's "Jansing & Company," Rather said:

"This is a political nightmare for Barack Obama as president. The more-left portion of his party hates this with a passion. And politically, within his own party, if this goes through, Barack Obama will be in a position to have his shirttail on fire, his back to the wall, and the bill collector at the door. Which is metaphorically a way of saying he's almost guaranteed -- if this goes through -- to have a serious challenge in a Democratic primary for president in 2012."

Rather went on to add that "the perception of [Obama] is that he won't fight for anything." He also noted: "Many of the heavy contributors to the Democratic Party are beyond shock about this happening, and are saying to themselves, 'This guy . . . has about four to six months to turn the perception of him and the party around or we've got to start thinking about somebody else in 2012.' "

Obviously, a serious primary challenge could greatly hurt Obama's chances of being re-elected.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:13 am 
Hear Me Roar!

King Fisher wrote:
Here's another person that expresses some concern about President Barack Obama future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarence B. Jones, appearing in 2008 on Tavis Smiley's PBS show.
I had lunch with my oldest son yesterday and he asked if I thought there'd be a primary challenge to Obama. I told him it wouldn't happen unless the black voters supported it, and I didn't think we were quite there yet. That was before I read Clarence Jones' Huffington Post piece this morning.

Jones was a personal advisor, legal counsel, draft speech writer and close friend of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he's a Scholar in Residence at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute at Stanford University. When someone with those credentials is calling for a primary challenge to Obama, something very interesting is happening. Outlier -- or crack in the dam? We'll see:

When few other public figures of national stature spoke out about Johnson's escalation of the war in Vietnam, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, at New York City's Riverside Church, before a meeting of Concerned Layman and Clergy, on April 4th, 1967, said "A time comes when silence is betrayal." For Dr. King, it was "time to break the silence."

And, so it is with Obama's continued squandering of the extraordinary support he developed for his election as President.

Go and check out the video clips of the panorama of faces that assembled in Grant Park in Chicago after the election results confirmed his victory. Check out the million + people who came to Washington to witness his Inauguration.

It is not easy to consider challenging the first African-American to be elected as President of the United States. But, regrettably, I believe that the time has come to do this.

It is time for Progressives to stop whining and arguing among themselves about whether President Obama will or will not do this or that. Obama is no different than any other President, nominated by his national party. He was elected with the hard work and 24/7 commitment of persons who believed and enlisted in his campaign for "Hope" and "Change."

You don't have to be a rocket scientist nor have a PhD in political science and sociology to see clearly that Obama has abandoned much of the base that elected him. He has done this because he no longer respects, fears or believes those persons who elected him have any alternative, but to accept what he does, whether they like it or not.

It is time for those persons who constituted the movement that enabled Senator Barack Obama to be elected to "break their silence"; to indicate that they no longer will sit on their hands, and only let off verbal steam and ineffective sound and fury, and "hope" for the best.

The answer is blowin' in the wind.

Great piece KF...

Another thing I have been considering is this. If O'bama is NOT primaried, and wins the election in 2012,

1) How far has/will he move to the left, between now and the election of 2012?
2) Will his political move, either center left or right, hurt the progressive's chances of getting someone who represents them better in 2012?

If he's primaried, then I think the progressives stand a better chance of getting their agenda off the ground. However, and naturally, it would have to be one who left their "yellow" crayon at home. (if you know what I mean) By having another "yellowbelly" in the White House, it may dilute the causes/agenda of the progressive left. The media, sure as hell, isn't going to advance the "vision" of the progressives, that's for sure. So the american masses, may look at us as weak, or lack any kind of organization, if he is to stay in. If I was having this conversation, during the JFK era well, I wouldn't be having this conversation, because our "progressive vision," would be set on "default" with the american people to begin with.

Which is the reason why I myself, want him primaried. For number one, O'bama and Robert Gibbs, has done more damage to the progressives, than anyone else. Their utter arrogance toward us progressives, can only be answered, by giving them the "perverbial pink slip." It will be much easier for the progressive party to make a stand first, then proceed with their agenda. Progressives trying to get O'bama's attention now, is useless at best. If the progressives do the same on O'bama's second term, you can pretty much scrap any kind of hope, (at least for awhile) of getting a real progressive in the White House.

And finally, which touches base on every point I've made so far, is how far left, center or right will he go, before the decision to either primary him, or re-send him to the White House. If he "yellowbellies," as he is doing now, BUT regains popularity with the american people, it may damage the progressive left. If he continues to "yellowbelly," and loses popularity with the american people, then we too, (progressives) may have a harder time, changing policy in congress. This is because, an already "dumbed down american sheeple," may look upon O'bama's agenda, as the "progressive's agenda." (which actually, they are doing now anyway) I cannot help it, when I picture that bastard O'reilly, calling O'bama a liberal. :roll: :shock: :roll:

...but this supports my argument
...we're dealing with dumbasses here

These personally, are the options I am weighing. However, I pretty much for the most part, have put away my "scales," and say "primary the bastard." I know, I hate the filthy right too, but it's not their standards, I want to play up (or down) to.

And just like the damage the filthy right (and O'bama) have already done, TIME IS NOT OUR ALLIE!!

This is where we, the progressives, can use O'bama's intelligence, to our advantage. It's a given, he's a pretty smart guy. It's also a given, that he is a coward.

I personally, and even as smart as O'bama is, would have an infinitely hard time, campaigning for the 2012 White House, on the "RE-LIES," of his 2008 campaign for the White House. It can happen, especially if he's fairly popular by then. But I don't think so. I think the progressives have a better chance of restoring some "decency" in the White House, than a "teabagger" would, in the Republican party. (but with a vial media such as ours, anything could happen I know)

...but that's why I want O'bama to earn his P.H.D.

(P)rimary
(H)im
(D)iligently

...we simply don't have the time
...nor really the patience

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:47 am 

I think Barrack Obama is a "smart cookie" with politics. He, or someone told him how to go back and read about the old west "snake oil" salesmen and how they would take a bottle of some concoctions and make it appear to cure all ills applied to man. Obama did just that starting and during his campaign for President. Right words, right time, and most of all the demeanor he showed the people on "change" was coming to Washington, DC. I think in his heart, he knew there wouldn't be such change, as if it could, why didn't all the past Presidents seek it for their opportunity.
Obama stayed with the "snake oil" speech, and the more he used it, the more people he convinced it would work, or in his words, "we will change from the old standard politics", and it got him elected.

It won't work come 2012 election time. He will have to come up with some other way to sell the "snake oil" bottle of nothing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

King Fisher wrote:
I think Barrack Obama is a "smart cookie" with politics. He, or someone told him how to go back and read about the old west "snake oil" salesmen and how they would take a bottle of some concoctions and make it appear to cure all ills applied to man. Obama did just that starting and during his campaign for President. Right words, right time, and most of all the demeanor he showed the people on "change" was coming to Washington, DC. I think in his heart, he knew there wouldn't be such change, as if it could, why didn't all the past Presidents seek it for their opportunity.
Obama stayed with the "snake oil" speech, and the more he used it, the more people he convinced it would work, or in his words, "we will change from the old standard politics", and it got him elected.

It won't work come 2012 election time. He will have to come up with some other way to sell the "snake oil" bottle of nothing.

***why didn't all the past Presidents seek it for their opportunity.***

Humm!!!

Well said!! The only other candidate, who was as "leftist" as O'bama, was Dennis Kucinich, which tallied up only about 3%-4% of the popular vote.

It's hard to imagine, how Barrack managed to beat McCain as bad as he did. Granted, McCain is a "legalized lunatic," but to win by such a landslide. The last democratic president Indiana voted for, was Johnson, back in 1964. Yet, Barrack won this state as well.

So getting back to your statement. Yes, it is a little "fishy." One could only hope, that perhaps, there was a 'breaking point" with the american people, back in 2008. In addition, he did manage to carry a huge black voter turnout, along with the progressive left. I imagine the Wall Street bailout, had something to do with O'bama's landslide victory as well. This indeed, would polarize the two presidental candidates here, as McCaine and the filthy right, are notorious for big corporation handouts. In short, the american people were pissed at Wall Street, and voting for a democrat, might have been different, if the american people didn't "flip the bill" on Wall Street.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see in 2012, if the american people want a "real change." However, Barrack's days are through, in my opinion. Now, the big question is, will the next progressive to come along, stand on his political agenda, and not "yellowbelly," as O'bama has done. And as I've said before, if the american people indeed, want a real change in their political leaders, then we may have a good run at it in 2012!!

Gee, I hope so anyway!! :bounce: