It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's another candidate the media hates!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:41 am 
Hear Me Roar!

***Brain Dead Versus "Intellectually and Politically-Adventurous"

I was on his e-mail newsletter, back in 2006 (I do believe) when Tasini was running against Hilary Clinton. In several attempts to get Hilary, to crawl out from underneath the "corporate cash machine," long enough to debate her, he was repeatedly turned down, not only by her, but the corporate media as well. (as with Dennis Kucinich)

***Jonathan Tasini, candidate for the Democratic nomination for the 15th Congressional District, released this statement today about the failure of the media to cover the issues in the campaign.

***08/26/10

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

***Jonathan Tasini, candidate for the Democratic nomination for the 15th Congressional District, released this statement regarding tonight's debate.

***Tonight, the candidates for the Democratic nomination will meet for what I hope will be the first in a series of debates from now until Election Day on September 14th (see below for live streaming option)

***I hope the debate focuses on substantive issues. In such a debate, I think it will be clear to voters that I am the only challenger with very specific proposals (not general feel-good statements) and a track record of working on a wide range of legislative and policy issues.

http://www.jonathantasini.com/

He has several streaming videos out there. If you have some extra free time, you may find him interesting to listen to and watch.

Very "anti war," pro "single payer" and "pro union." His ideas and philosophies, are about as "grass roots," as you're gonna get. After just one of his newsletters, you'll feel as if you just finished a college course. :bigsmurf:

He's in my "top ten." :D