It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRY ME A RIVER, Johnny
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:22 pm 

Some may have had the misfortune to see Johnny "Cry Baby" Boehner on 60 Minutes this past week. Those that missed the show didn't get to see those fake tears drops falling on the CBS floor. He certainly is an interesting person. Any normal educated person say this man has an emotional problem, who apparently cries at the drop of a hat if something is of interest to him like HIM. He cries over how far HE has gotten. He cries over HIS struggles. I'm sure he cries after having sex with his mistress.
He should shed some tears over how much money the people of USA is giving the rich, and leaving the poor as poor as ever.

This man is down right sicking to watch. He better be careful when he takes the gavel come Jan. 4th... those tears will start a river down his face, washing that fake tan makeup off his face. So, lets play that old song one more time...Cry Me A River.

Post subject: Re: CRY ME A RIVER, Johnny
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I saw that crybaby...and I don't think his crying is fake. Instead I think it's the emotional display of an extremely unstable man. He can't control himself. I remember how angry he was during the health care debate and he sure as heck didn't cry then...he goes from one extreme of emotional display to another...a clear indication of emotional instability. I"d give anything to know how many pills he pops a day just to keep himself out of a straight jacket.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
I saw that crybaby...and I don't think his crying is fake. Instead I think it's the emotional display of an extremely unstable man. He can't control himself. I remember how angry he was during the health care debate and he sure as heck didn't cry then...he goes from one extreme of emotional display to another...a clear indication of emotional instability. I"d give anything to know how many pills he pops a day just to keep himself out of a straight jacket.

quote***I saw that crybaby...and I don't think his crying is fake.

unquote***I agree, but with a slight twist!! I think this lunatic has the ability, when questioned, (like in an interview) to separate the question being asked, to a simple thought process, that will make him cry.

"Tears of joy," to be exact!! For example, if he is asked, if the proposed tax cuts, are going to give other Americans, the opportunity he had, when growing up and going to college.

He, at any given time, can alter his thought process to, let's say, the millions in "corporate kick backs," that he will gain, passing legislation that once again, will enable the rich to invest overseas, enabling the once was, $23.75/hour wage earner, here in the United States, to be a new regular customer at his friendly neighborhood food bank!!

It's simply the ability to disconnect yourself from the question being asked, to focusing on the results of, in this case, Mr. Boner's vote to make the rich richer, and what tremendous amount of cash, that this will generate in his personal portfolio!!

I've heard actors/actresses, do the same thing, in "crying scenes" in movies. And of course, with a generous supply of "oxies" from Rush Limbaugh, Mr. Boner is more than capable, of "crying a river," such as King Fischer has already stated.

There's a similarity with Glen beck. The only difference between Glen and Mr. Boner, is that Beck is a "dry drunk." He fortunately, has been "on the wagon," for a great many years now. (from what I have heard)

What's different with Beck, is he still has the same thought process, or a lack thereof, from the days when he was actually drinking. He has never evolved, or has never "mentally matured," from the time he "went on the wagon." Sure, being a "religious wingnut Mormon," doesn't help matters any. But one DOES, have to ask the question WHY, he became a moron. (oops!!...Mormon)

Being a recovering alcoholic, and attending AA for a couple years, after quitting in May of 1984, this type of behavior, was always discussed, and constantly "worked through," from members in my group. (including me) It's simply a "recovery process," of what alcohol and drugs can do, to one's mental stability, (or instability) and how AA can help people avoid this "mental trap."

Remember, alcohol/drug addiction is a mental/physical trap. And just like the Republican Party, it leads to a life of total irresponsibility/lies, and a total "disconnect," from society in general.

I can take me for example. It's been 26 years, since having my last drink. Without the generous support of AA members and loved ones, one could easily STAY, in a mental state of "intoxication," without actually drinking. This is how "damning," alcohol and drugs can be!! (and it doesn't go away, only arrested)

Really, does anyone talk like Glen Beck does, out on the streets today? (well, the majority anyway)

Now, if we can only get the 50 million followers of this asshole, to Al-Anon!! :bounce: :D :bounce:

...God, what a mess we have huh!! :shock: :roll: :shock:

p.s. And yes, the spiritual awakening (not religious awakening) from the 12 steps of AA, was a "life changer." :D :bounce: :D :bounce: :D :bounce:

There truly IS, a "Spirtual Power" out there. And I'm living proof, that one exists!! (as well as millions of others, testifying to this as well) But if one can "disconnect" the "religious dogma," that is attached to the spiritual side of one's faith, then, and only then, are you free from the "ball and chain" effects, that this "religious poison" has injected into this society today!! And I imagine, this is true to some extent, in other " spiritual faiths" as well!!

Who knows, maybe someday, we can get these "religious Christian wingnuts," to put up (3) crosses at their local church, instead of just one!! :albino: :albino: :albino:

Christ, they can't even get the message of "true salvation" correct!! :albino: :albino:

...which is why we have "religious Christian wingnuts" today, I imagine!! :albino: :albino: :albino:

"a peace that passes all understanding," is what I experienced on the 12th step of my sobriety.

...which may be why I, and so many other people, (spiritual awakening or not, I imagine) have no tolerance for "organized religion," and the "ball and chain" effects, that it carries!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

...there's simply "no hope" in it. (as with the Republican Party, I'm afraid) Who advertise their "ball and chain," in the form of...

1) Homophobia
2) Racism
3) the "Patriot Act"
4) Lack of "fiscal responsibility"
5) Wars without end!!
6) Greed (in the form of God)
7) God (in the form of greed)
8 Growing "death panels"
9) "Corporate/Military" controll
10) "Haters of the Bretheren"

My goodness, it looks like the, "ten commandments of the Republican Party" :shock: :shock:

I'm glad this "thief," is free from it!!

Organized Religion!! (there's simply no place for it, in our society!!)

It's simply a "Ball and Chain!!" Nothing more!! Nothing less!! :? :roll: :?

...very evil indeed!! :evil: :evil:

Peace (someday I hope) :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have a book I keep at my desk and I take it out quite often to read and to use as a reference. It's entitled Losing Faith in Faith by Dan Barker and the Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc. http://www.ffrf.org Within that book, there are many songs written by Barker and those involved with his work and organization. One in particular is called "Just Say NO to Religion." The lyrics go like this:

Just say NO to religion.
No more myth and superstition!
Just say NO!

When they try to get you hooked on their psychedelic book
(What do you say?) Just say NO!
Religion is a fiction; it is like a drug addiction,
Just say NO!

When the door to door preachers try to wake you from your slumber,
When the television preachers want your credit card number,

When the ministers try to tell you that they have the only way,
When they try to make you feel you shouldn't question what they say,

JUST SAY NO!

The song goes on...I'm sure it can be found at the link I gave above. Check it out.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:03 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
I have a book I keep at my desk and I take it out quite often to read and to use as a reference. It's entitled Losing Faith in Faith by Dan Barker and the Freedom From Religion Foundation, Inc. http://www.ffrf.org Within that book, there are many songs written by Barker and those involved with his work and organization. One in particular is called "Just Say NO to Religion." The lyrics go like this:

Just say NO to religion.
No more myth and superstition!
Just say NO!

(What do you say?) Just say NO!
Religion is a fiction; it is like a drug addiction,
Just say NO!

When the door to door preachers try to wake you from your slumber,
When the television preachers want your credit card number,

When the ministers try to tell you that they have the only way,
When they try to make you feel you shouldn't question what they say,

JUST SAY NO!

The song goes on...I'm sure it can be found at the link I gave above. Check it out.

Ah yes, and I agree!! But one should never lose faith on the spiritual side of, well, let's say, "spititual awareness." My awakening, was completely spiritual. A power greater than myself, that can restore one's sanity, after years of drug abuse. It happened, and is still happening today, in different stages in my life.

***your quote

Yes, I'll leave "the religious baggage," to the greedy preachers on the pulpit,who want to do this!! Believe me, there's still, (and still will be) rough edges on me. But the "spiritual side," of one's faith, has nothing to do with carrying "religious baggage."

Sane, well, I don't know about that!! :roll:
Sealed my faith in a "higher power?"
...you betcha!! :D

It has kept me sober, for a great many years now.

They say, that there is nothing more stronger than one's own testimony. But just as important, (and I hope one can understand) that i wouldn't be making these claims, if a "spiritual awakening," never took place in my life. This is an "eight ball," that I wouldn't be caught dead behind!! Simply put, I have nothing to gain here, by making these statements!!

And just like sex and paying taxes I guess, it's personal!! One cannot claim that my "awakening," will be a "cookie cutter's approach," to another person's spiritual awkening. But what I CAN say, is many recovering drug addicts, have experienced this as well. (it's a fact)

One can call me a liar, but I cannot call myself one, over my "rock solid belief," in a higher power. One can have a personal opinion, regarding my statements as being true or false, but it doesn't eliminate the fact, that my "spiritual awakening" came to pass. In addition, one cannot call me religious, as there is no baggage associated with a spiritual awakening. It's effects, are "larger than life" itself!! Personally, my touch with the spirit, came with a sense of humility. A humility that has been pretty much lost, in our politicians and corporate media today.

...and I know, one would never imagine this, by the time I spend in the steel cage!! :D :blackeye:

But, as stated before, it is HIGHLY PERSONAL. And again with me, it came from a "condition of the heart." A sense of humbleness and humility. Truly, it was a "set free" experience, and one that I will never easily forget.

Unfortunately, organized religion, tends to do a lot of thing evil. One, as we all probably know already, is placing someone on "the evil side," so that Satan can quickly devour the poor bastard!! You'll never get a politician/preacher (or God forbid Satan) today, stand on the platform of humility, empathy or sympathy. It would be "financially/politically devastating."

...these require a "condition of the heart." as opposed to a condition, "to the heart."

It truly broke me, from the "shackles of organized religion."

I look at "spirituality" and religion, the same way I look at my parents. I love both my parents very much, as they have supported me through "thick and then." However, as in the case with "organized religion," it would be hard to love one's parents, if one were lied to, made fun of, ignored or God forbid, physically abused or molested as a child.

A "spitual awakening," at least to me, has given me hope. A hope that I, even have a hard time comprehending to this day sometimes.

...but my hope does exist!! (as it will always)

...in closing

Personal judgements and humility, simply cannot share the same room together.

...and believe me, my Catholic upbringing, had nothing to do with my "awakening" either. :albino:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: I think we're a whole lot off topic, ETL! :lol: And I think our posts about religion and what constitutes a sense of "spirituality" are spot on...for the Religion Forum! :mrgreen:

But let's get back to John Boehner...and his lack (or whatever it is) of emotional control. In this article, some conservatives seem to be asking if he's drinking too much...perhaps you can indeed speak to that question in regards to Boehner, ETL...and we'll still be on topic...because you certainly seem to have conquered the drinking problem you had but I'm sure you can spot an alcoholic from a mile away....is Boehner one?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/1 ... 97605.html
(Story is at "Politics Daily" but you can get there from the link above.)

AS is to be expected, Republican aides and lobbyists are not anxious to publicly discuss whether the incoming House speaker might have a drinking problem. And Boehner's staff declined to discuss the crying question at all. For his part, though, Boehner -- who was described in one profile as "a heavy-smoking, hard-drinking former linebacker" -- has made no secret of his affection for merlot, and those familiar with Capitol Hill know he frequents The Capitol Hill Club, as well as a favorite Italian restaurant on Capitol Hill, where he is frequently spotted sipping vino.

More at the link

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: THIS COMMENT AT THE LINK IS PRICELESS! :lol:

Quote:
I don't know if he drinks too much or not. I do know I have friends going through menopause that have fewer mood swings. Scary.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:17 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
:lol: I think we're a whole lot off topic, ETL! :lol: And I think our posts about religion and what constitutes a sense of "spirituality" are spot on...for the Religion Forum! :mrgreen:

But let's get back to John Boehner...and his lack (or whatever it is) of emotional control. In this article, some conservatives seem to be asking if he's drinking too much...perhaps you can indeed speak to that question in regards to Boehner, ETL...and we'll still be on topic...because you certainly seem to have conquered the drinking problem you had but I'm sure you can spot an alcoholic from a mile away....is Boehner one?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/1 ... 97605.html
(Story is at "Politics Daily" but you can get there from the link above.)

AS is to be expected, Republican aides and lobbyists are not anxious to publicly discuss whether the incoming House speaker might have a drinking problem. And Boehner's staff declined to discuss the crying question at all. For his part, though, Boehner -- who was described in one profile as "a heavy-smoking, hard-drinking former linebacker" -- has made no secret of his affection for merlot, and those familiar with Capitol Hill know he frequents The Capitol Hill Club, as well as a favorite Italian restaurant on Capitol Hill, where he is frequently spotted sipping vino.

More at the link

because you certainly seem to have conquered the drinking problem you had but I'm sure you can spot an alcoholic from a mile away....is Boehner one?

***Hi Catherine...Frst of all, I conquer the drinking stuff, day by day. There has been times in the past, where I almost "fell off the wagon." One of my 'sobriety buddies," early on, promised me, that he would be there to talk thinks out, if ever I needed him. I was fortunate enough, to have plenty of support from family and friends, so I never seeked his moral support. However, he gave me a piece of advice, that still rings true in my heart today. He told me if things get so bad, and I DO NOT, seek any support from him or others, to promise myself, that I would not take a drink, for at least 24 hours. He said after that, then drink away!! (but to wait 24 hours first) Although I don't necessarily call it an everyday struggle anymore, it truly, is an everyday awareness. My faith in a "higher power," has helped me as well. (as stated in my previous comments) It truly has empowered me, to levels I have never had before!!

..but I digress!!

As far as Boner, or anyone else, having problems with drugs or alcohol, that's a decision they are going to have to make. I could never begin to diagnose Boner, when making a decision, if he has any problems with drugs/alcohol. I imagine if I knew him better, or spent some time with him, then possibly, I could have a better insight to his problem. However, most people can give their insight themselves, as to if anyone has a drug problem or not. I have no special magical powers, to go into the minds of such people. So, as to your question, if I can tell if someone has a problem with drugs/alcohol? Not any better or worse, than anyone else, if given enough time, to be around a certain individual. However, there is one "common link" between the people abusing drugs/alcohol, and the recovering addict. This is, (and ALWAYS the case) that these people will hit "rock bottom," and believe me, IT SUCKS!! That's when the lies, cover ups, stealing cheating etc. come all crashing together. It's a feeling of complete hopelessness, times ten!! It's a scary situation as well. There are many sides of an individual, that are exposed, when hitting rock bottom.They recognize emotions/thought patterns or just a certain characteristic, that one may have never had before. It's the happiest/saddest day of one's life ALTOGETHER, and at the same time. It truly is, "an emotional drain." That's when support is crucial. It can make a difference, between forgiving yourself, or going back to drugs. (or in some cases, suicide) :cry:

But, as a recovering alcoholic, I have made a pledge to help ANYONE,, who is literally, "hanging on by a thread," and needs some moral support. This also, is discussed heavily, at AA meetings as well.

In closing, the 12 step recovery process simply works...period!! It's a combination of personal responsibility, sympathy, empathy, kindness, humility and yes, a spiritual empowerment. (non religious)

Have a great day!! :D

p.s. sorry for getting "carried away" again!! :albino:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

John Boehner Defends Crying & Smoking

I don't care how much he smokes...we all know that smoking is a very dangerous thing to do, but let him have at it as much as he wants :twisted: ...but that crying is a questionable thing..and I think evidence of serious instability...

Quote:
House Speaker John Bohener defended his aptness to cry and habit of smoking during an appearance on this weekend's edition of "Fox News Sunday."

"I wear my emotions on my sleeve," he said when asked to respond to critics who say his tendency to shed tears makes him look "weak" or "strange." "I'm not going to apologize for being emotionally attached to the things I feel most strongly about."

It's only the latest time Boehner has discussed the waterworks since he wept on election night last year when Republicans retook control of the House.

There's also an article about him in ROLLING STONE

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
John Boehner Defends Crying & Smoking

I don't care how much he smokes...we all know that smoking is a very dangerous thing to do, but let him have at it as much as he wants :twisted: ...but that crying is a questionable thing..and I think evidence of serious instability...

Quote:
House Speaker John Bohener defended his aptness to cry and habit of smoking during an appearance on this weekend's edition of "Fox News Sunday."

"I wear my emotions on my sleeve," he said when asked to respond to critics who say his tendency to shed tears makes him look "weak" or "strange." "I'm not going to apologize for being emotionally attached to the things I feel most strongly about."

It's only the latest time Boehner has discussed the waterworks since he wept on election night last year when Republicans retook control of the House.

There's also an article about him in ROLLING STONE

***but that crying is a questionable thing

Yes indeed it is. Another way to look at Boner's "emotional apocalypse," (oh god, I spelled it right) other than a possible drug addiction, is the fact that Republicans have NEVER, passed anything, to protect/empower the people, in which they suppose to serve.

While I personally, have been through "the addiction hell" of drug abuse, I have never been in a position of political power.

To have Boner defend his "emotional empire," leaves me with the feeling of WHO OR WHAT, his emotions were to be addressed to. (other than corporate power of course)

As far as his smoking well, it should be of no surprise. He's got the best health care known to man.

And as far as convincing the American people, that "socialized health care" is an "avoidable evil," well, I'm sure he's developed over the years, the keen ability to blow some pretty amazing smoke rings...

... right up his ass!! :roll: :bounce: :roll:

I remember "chickenhawk" Bush, use to pull off this bullshit as well. And like with Boner, I never sensed the feeling of sympathy or compassion, with this troll either.

Kinda reminds me of when I was a little kid, and how mommy was a real bastard, because she wouldn't buy me that 52 lb. bag of resee's butter cups.

But unlike the situation with me, these misfits have it all. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

...talking about the American "sheeple" spoiling these freaks!! :roll: :roll: :roll: