It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IF IT'S TRUE, THIS WILL SHATTER MY SUPPORT FOR OBAMA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I have decided that if Obama caves and extends the Bush Tax Cuts, I will not be supporting him in 2012.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

WHITE HOUSE GIVES IN ON BUSH TAX CUTS

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama's top adviser suggested to The Huffington Post late Wednesday that the administration is ready to accept an across-the-board, temporary continuation of steep Bush-era tax cuts, including those for the wealthiest taxpayers. That appears to be the only way, said David Axelrod, that middle-class taxpayers can keep their tax cuts, given the legislative and political realities facing Obama in the aftermath of last week's electoral defeat.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: IT IT'S TRUE, THIS WILL SHATTER MY SUPPORT FOR OBAMA
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok..taking a deep breah...but still...

Axelrod Denies Obama Would Concede Tax Cuts

Quote:
Senior White House adviser David Axelrod said this morning that President Obama has not caved to GOP demands on the extension of the Bush tax cuts, despite a report to the contrary.

“We're willing to discuss how we move forward,” Axelrod said in an e-mail to National Journal rebutting a Huffington Post story. “But we believe that it's imperative to extend the tax cuts for the middle class, and don't believe we can afford a permanent extension of tax cuts for the wealthy.”

The Huffington Post reported this morning that Axelrod suggested that “the administration is ready to accept and across-the-board continuation of steep Bush-era tax cuts, including those for the wealthiest taxpayers.”

In the article, Axelrod is quoted as saying, “We have to deal with the world as we find it
.”

Seen at the link:

Quote:
If you make $70,000 a year combined income then Obama's tax cut proposals fit you perfectly! Extend the tax cuts for all persons making less than $250,000 a year. It's REPUBLICANS who are willing to cheat the middle class because they insist that people with combined income OVER $250,000 (less than 2% of the population) MUST have a tax cut that will cost the tax-payers $700 billion! Who do you think pays for the BONDS the government sells to pay for this added debt? YOU DO! You and your children are paying to give tax cuts to the top 2% richest Americans! And they've got you so brainwashed you say things like "liberals" are "taking" things "away" from you, when it's the CONSERVATIVES who are blocking a tax cut for people exactly like you

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

OBAMA SAYS #1 PRIORITY IS PRESERVING TAX CUTS FOR MIDDLE CLASS

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- President Barack Obama declared Friday that his "number one priority" is preserving tax cuts for the middle class, and sharply denied that comments by his senior adviser David Axelrod suggest that his administration is about to cave in to Republicans who also want to extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy.

"That is the wrong interpretation because I haven't had a conversation with Democratic and Republican leaders," Obama said of a Huffington Post article suggesting that in advance of negotiations with lawmakers next week, the White House has calculated that giving in on tax cuts for the rich is the only way to get the middle class cuts extended too.

"Here's the right interpretation -- I want to make sure that taxes don't go up for middle class families starting on January 1st," Obama said at a news conference at the conclusion of the G-20 Summit here. "That is my number one priority for those families and for our economy. I also believe that it would be fiscally irresponsible for us to permanently extend the high income tax cuts. I think that would be a mistake, particularly when we've got our Republican friends saying that their number 1 priority is making sure that we are dealing with our debt and our deficit."

Obama would not tip his hand on the discussions coming when Congress returns to work for a lame-duck session next week.

The jury is still out on this one... :|

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

...But Obama still won't commit!!!!!!

Why don't they just let the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire without a vote, then come back with a vote on the middle class tax cut and let the Repubs vote against it? Maybe that would make even the die-hard Repub supporters see that the Repubs are only supportive of the mega-rich.
:evil:

Middle Class Tax Cuts: Democrats To Hold Votes On Letting Bush Tax Cuts Expire For Wealthy

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of Calif., speaks during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010, after being re-elected as the leader of the House Democrats. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh) Get Politics Alerts

WASHINGTON — After meeting with President Barack Obama Thursday, Democratic leaders in Congress said they plan to hold a series of politically charged votes to extend middle-class tax cuts while letting tax cuts for the wealthy expire.

Republicans are expected to block the plan, leaving both sides back at square one as they try to negotiate a deal to spare families at every income level from a big tax increase in January.

Democratic officials said Obama did not embrace a particular approach to the tax cuts in his Oval Office meeting with Democratic leaders. He indicated he wanted to wait for a meeting with Democratic and Republican leaders on Nov. 30 before staking out a position.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Congress Skeptical About Obama's Tax Cut Summit, Schumer's $1 Million Proposal

WASHINGTON -- Faced with a tough decision to make on the expiring Bush tax cuts, Congress and the White House did Tuesday what they do best: They passed the buck.

With the resolution to a fight Washington has known was coming for 10 years still hanging in the balance, a small group of legislators will meet with top executive-branch officials, including Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Office of Management and Budget Director Jacob Lew, sometime this week -- perhaps as early as Wednesday -- to hammer out a deal.

The lawmakers slated to attend include Senate Finance Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), likely the next ranking member of the House Budget Committee; from the other side of the aisle, Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), the ranking member of the taxation subcommittee, and Rep. Dave Camp (R-Mich.), the top Republican on the powerful House Ways and Means Committee.

Seen at the link posted by Skunkman:

Dear Obama, it’s Law 101
That in deal making don’t jump the gun:
Never give stuff away
With the hope that one day
You might get something back — this ain’t done.

Your opponent will simply want more.
He will threaten to walk out the door
Unless you accede
To his limitless greed.
Learn this rule or you never will score.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:44 am 

After 23 months of his ideas, we now know that Obama doesn't have the "backbone" to be a good president. His thinking....I'll take the oath of office and shake a few hands, and all is well with the republicans and the people of the land. When he got hit right in the face and fell to the floor...still down there, and don't have a clue how to get up with his handlers telling him..stay down. The count of ten will come on Jan. 20th 2013, and we all know he is carried out of the White House ring...defected.

We wanted and thought we would get a Lyndon Johnson type of president in 2009, but, there's only one Lyndon Johnson. It would have been better if we could have Hillary Clinton, at least we would have a former president in the co-pilot seat giving her the "ups and downs" on how to run this country of ours. Now, we are going down a road to nowhere with the republicans taking over and no doubt destroy what's left of our country.

It's a crying shame, to say we as democrats, liberals, and the progressives have seen defect come before us, only to be slapped in the face by one president that has no clue how to fight the republicans on his own turf. We've lost some two hundreds years of progress here, and no doubt there's more to come.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It seems to me that Obama the Candidate is not the same person as Obama the President. To be fair, I know that there were/are many Democrats in Congress who have not played fairly with him. I just don't understand where the fire went...hell, even Joe Biden has not been as articulate and visible as I thought he would be.

When the NC Democratic primary was held prior to the 2008 election, I wasn't around to vote for Hilary Clinton. But when Obama won, I thought it would be a good thing. I thought so right up to this tax issue. I kept hoping that he would get his mojo back. Even Ed Shultz is wondering what the hell is going on with the President. :blackeye:

I am beginning to think like you, KF...Hilary would have been much stronger and I believe she would have fought harder against the Republicans. The Repubs in Congress are now like a gang. They're locked and loaded against Obama because they know he hasn't got the spine to fight them. He wants to continue to play the good guy and that's not possible. Hilary would have gone toe to toe with them and won. I think she would have served two terms while Obama will be out in 2012. The Repubs must be so happy...the White House is up for grabs in 2012 and unless they really mess up big time, like nominating Sarah Palin, they're going to take back power just like they had under Bush.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: IF IT'S TRUE, THIS WILL SHATTER MY SUPPORT FOR OBAMA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:45 pm 

When there is 41% of the democrats wanting another person to counter Obama for the presidency in 2012, that would send a message to Obama he is a one term president. Before the year (2011) ends, that probably will increase to 67% and marks an end for the remaining democrat congress. There's overwhelming numbers of democrats switching to the Tea Party... I know, I have a brother-in-law and his wife, plus couple neighbors.

In all my years being a democrat, I've never witness anything the likes of what is happening now. It would make one think this may be the end for the democrat party.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, let's see if they really have the actual guts to finally stand up to the Republican Gang:

Democrats Look To Call GOP's Bluff With Bush Tax Cuts Vote

WASHINGTON - Democrats and Republicans are working to reach a deal to extend Bush-era tax cuts that expire at the end of the year, but neither side is budging as negotiations begin in earnest.

Even as they talk, House leaders are planning to hold a politically charged vote Thursday to extend middle-class tax cuts while letting taxes for the wealthy rise, an action that some believe could threaten the still ongoing deliberations over a longer term solution.

More at the link.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here we have Sen. Harkin (D - Iowa) telling it like it is in his frustration with Obama:

Harkin: If Obama Caves On Taxes, He Better Pray For Palin In 2012

Quote:
...Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) did a little less dancing. "I just think, if [Obama] caves on this, then I think that he's gonna have a lot of swimming upstream [to do]," said the Iowa Democrat, a unabashed progressive who has been less reticent than most in criticizing the White House. "He campaigned on [allowing the rates for the rich to expire], was very strong on that, and sometimes there are things that are just worth fighting for."

And if he decided to compromise away from that, a reporter asked the senator.

"He would then just be hoping and praying that Sarah Palin gets the nomination," Harkin replied, insinuating that there would be few other Republicans that Obama could assuredly beat in 2012

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMNSHO, the president had already made up his mind about the Bush Tax Cut extensions as early as November 11, when I saw the headline at Huffington Post and got this thread started....yet they denied and denied and denied. Remember? Axelrod knew...he had to have known...and probably got a "spanking" for having leaked the info, intentionally or not. LOL!

Our "Hope and Change" president has turned out to be a hopeless and changeless wuss...and I for one will not be supporting him in 2012...I won't vote Repub, but I will not vote for Obama.

I'll write in Bernie Sanders. Keith Olbermann got it right last night in his Special Commentary:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/0 ... 93565.html

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:11 pm 

Here's another person not supporting President Obama in 2012, or any year. He knows he is beaten, and with luck will resign soon, or say he will not run in 2012.

You are correct, Catherine.. when you say he completely changed, and for the Republicans benefit. Keith Olberman made the commentary on what Obama turned out to be. Mr. Olberman should be allowed to confront Obama on a one-on-one debate, and see who blinks. Mr. Olberman has my vote.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 am 
Hear Me Roar!

King Fisher wrote:
When there is 41% of the democrats wanting another person to counter Obama for the presidency in 2012, that would send a message to Obama he is a one term president. Before the year (2011) ends, that probably will increase to 67% and marks an end for the remaining democrat congress. There's overwhelming numbers of democrats switching to the Tea Party... I know, I have a brother-in-law and his wife, plus couple neighbors.

In all my years being a democrat, I've never witness anything the likes of what is happening now. It would make one think this may be the end for the democrat party.

***quote***

***Yes, I've heard this too King Fischer. And it's a shame!! I think as progressives, we need to "draw the line in the sand," between the Clinton Democrats, and the real "yellow dogs" out there.

For one, there is a link, between the "tea partyers," and the "blue dog dems." Both parties, lack their basic history to begin with. Without going into major detail, and one may know this already, the tea party, was a rise AGAINST THE BRITISH, for several specific reasons, while the "Dingbat Palin Pushers," are just generally pissed off at everyone. Even back in the "Tea Bagger" days, when Boston Massachusetts, was part of the British Colony back then, the "major beef," was directed at several companies, controlling the amount of taxes on their product's imports and exports, that were NOT set by the colonies to begin with. The "Tea Baggers" of today, are NOT focused, or do they have a general idea, of what the "Tea Party" was all about back then to begin with. Instead of the "Palin Diciples," standing up for unfair Chinese Import regulations, they choose to point a "general finger at our government," saying taxes are unfair, while threatening the REAL DEMOCRACTS, with excercising their "second amendment rights," to us "left wingers." (Sharon Angle and that "God Awful" psychopath Michelle Bachman, to name a few)

While on the other hand, you have "the cowardly lions," who had no business, in trying to get Dorothy back home to Kansas!! Hence, the "blue dogs," have no business, trying to run our Democracy today. Barrack Obama was sooo bad, there was a movie I watched a couple years ago, right before he became president. It was called, "The Obama Deception." Even though it's producer, Alex Jones is a 'few cards short of a full deck," I'll give the man credit, when credit is due. I also, saw many of his 9-11 films, in which I thought they were pretty damn good and insightful. He, as well as Scott Ritter, have warned us about the dangers of U.S. Imperialism for many years now. So, other than the fact, that Alex needs to be "heavily sedated" most of the time, I'll give him that much credit. In addition, he also interviewed Dennis Kucinich, and thanked him for his three hour twenty minute speech to Congress, on Cheney's thirty five articles of impeachment. So yeah, I thanked him for it!! "Blue dog dems," in my opinion, are just as bad as the Republicans of yesteryear. They are "dead weight," and run the risk of 'watering down" the democratic "VALUES." So yeah..."throw the bums out."

So, on one side, you have the Tea Party Dirtbags, who don't know who, where or why, this "tea bagger stuff" originated from to begin with. And oh what the hell, let's just shoot everyone IN THIS COUNTRY, because, well, you know, there was an "american revolution" back then, and they too, were shooting EVERYONE HERE, INCLUDING THE BRITISH!! (so let's just, "go for it")

...and besides, I bought that cheap 25 caliber pistol at K-mart 16 years ago, and I want to see if the damn thing works or not!! Believe me, I live in Indiana, the only state that MAY, be worse than this one, is HATU. (excuse me UTAH) And yes, they talk like that here as well!!

...and the other side and yes, THE COWARDLY LIONS!! THE BLUE DOGS, who'll "whore out," the "real values of the democratic party," to the highest bidder. :evil: You know, the Elizabeth Edwards of the Democratic Party, who wanted to see a "real change in health care," and lobbyed heavily in favor, for that change. :D :bounce: :D VERSUS, the Hillary Clintons, who were no more than a "quacking health care duck," until the big corporations, lined her "corporate g-string," with capital, that God couldn't even keep track of!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

So, I guess I should get to the point huh!! :roll: :roll: There IS, a clear "line in the sand." The dumb asses, who have never open up a history book, and the cowards who believe them.

Remember, there IS, a choice, between the blue and yellow dog democrats. A CLEAR CHOICE, WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS, WITH THE YELLOW DOGS!!

The current teabaggers, are a "Hillary Clinton" in disguise. When the 'bitching" is loud and long enough, they'll simply urinate on their "disciples" who supported them, one last time, collect the "mother of all corporate paychecks," and go back to shooting their neighbors in Alaska!! :blackeye:

In short, this is the perfect time for ALL progressives, to "pull out all the stops." We've been shit on, lied to and yes, COPIED, BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BUSINESS IN THIS COUNTRY'S "CONTROL ROOM." We have ALWAYS, BEEN THE STANDARD!! Unfortunately, the criminals, and the cowards who have followed them, have tried to "muddy the waters," of the "true progressive movement."

Yes, there IS, a clear choice. The choice of the "standard," that has always prevailed, the "blue dogs," who want to "suckle the breasts of deception and cowardness," and the "dumbass baggers," who just want to shoot anything that moves. (especially if they tell the truth!!)

SO BE IT!!

The "bewildered," of today's Tea Party, who doesn't know the difference between the "Coloniel Colonies," or "Coloniel Bread," to the "breastfeeders of the progressive party," who'll stay loyal to ANYONE, until both sides end up hating their guts!! (please see Hilary Clinton) :albino: :roll: :albino: :roll:

Yeah, the choice is very clear...

Meet the new boss!! :D
Same as the old boss!! :D

We just need to be proud of our heritage, and educate anyone who will listen. (yes I know...WHO WILL LISTEN!!)

...but there ARE ways!!

...and for the "blue dog dems?"

... they can take that "piss ant" Hilary's husband, with them as well!! :blackeye:

Why would anyone, want to leave the "Democratic Progressive Party?"

We were here first...RIGHT? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unpacking the Tax Cut-Unemployment Compromise

Quote:
Last night, the Senate released legislative language for the tax cut-unemployment insurance compromise negotiated between President Obama and Congressional Republicans. The Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) released an official cost estimate for the revenue portions of the bill shortly thereafter. These graphs illustrate the various components of the legislation and their costs.

Costs common to all proposals for extending the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts. This category includes provisions that both parties had already called for extending before the compromise was reached: $384 billion for extension of the “middle-class” tax cuts and AMT relief, $46 billion to preserve the estate tax at its 2009 rate of 45 percent and exemption level of $3.5 million per person ($7 million per couple), and $56 billion in regular tax “extenders,” mostly for businesses. The compromise extends all of these provisions through 2012, except AMT relief, which is continued through 2011. As we have previously explained, the “middle-class” tax cuts do not benefit only the middle class — high-income households benefit from these provisions, as well.[1]

We count extending the 2009 estate tax rules as a cost common to previous proposals.[2] The House voted last year to continue the estate tax at the 2009 levels (H.R. 4154), and the Senate voted 56-43 to extend the 2009 rules the last time it voted on a budget resolution.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is anyone wondering why more of the Congressional Dems didn't simply vote NO? Looks like Al Franken (D, MN) drank the kool-aid and then tried to defend his vote in this way:

THE HARDEST VOTE I'VE TAKEN

Quote:
A lot of people are unhappy that the president punted on first down, and I'm one of them. Extending the excessive Bush tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires will explode our deficit over the next two years without doing anything to help our economy. I think it's simply bad policy.

But for Minnesota's middle class, struggling to get by in a tough economy, there's a lot in this bill that will really help: tax cuts for working families, a payroll tax holiday, energy tax credits, and the extension of Recovery Act initiatives that are already making a difference.

Too bad Al and his Congressional buddies can't fathom the harm this has done to SS and to the country as whole by adding to the deficit while making sure that the Aristocrat Repubs and their rich corporate donors/buddies get to frolic in their millions for years to come. He and those who voted YES sold us out... :evil:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman