It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why We Regulate -- and Why John Walsh Needs to Resign
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why We Regulate -- and Why John Walsh Needs to Resign

Regulatory agencies exist to protect the public, not the corporations they regulate. The head of the Office of Comptroller of the Currency doesn't seem to understand that. But that's not why John Walsh needs to resign.

The OCC was created to stabilize the economy, make it easier to conduct trade, and protect people's savings. It didn't do that. In fact, it ignored the warnings raised by others. But that's not why John Walsh needs to resign.

His agency failed to anticipate the foreclosure crisis, and it overlooked bank criminality. Later John Walsh misled a Senate panel -- and the general public -- about the size of the problem. And even after being forced to clarify those misleading statements, Mr. Walsh keeps on repeating them. Whether by intent or ineptitude, he continues to misinform the public.

And that's why John Walsh needs to resign.

MUCH MORE AT THE LINK!

RESPONSE SEEN AT THE LINK:

An article about Obama replacing Robert Gates made me stop and think about how few Bush appointees he's replace. He swapped Bushie Paulson for Bushie Geithner, left Bernake, Bair, and Walsh in place; we really have Bush's people still running the country.

I wonder how Obama would have done in the Democratic primaries if he'd said "I, Barack Obama, believe that George Bush has appointed top-notch people, especially to his economic team. I plan to leave them in place, reappoint the longer-ter­m one's, and empower them to continue Bush's policies long after Bush has left office." Something tells me we'd have a different President.

As for those who say he had no choice ... bull: that's what recess appointmen­ts are for. (posted at the link by Michael Olenick)

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Why We Regulate -- and Why John Walsh Needs to Resign
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Why We Regulate -- and Why John Walsh Needs to Resign
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:07 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Why We Regulate -- and Why John Walsh Needs to Resign

Regulatory agencies exist to protect the public, not the corporations they regulate. The head of the Office of Comptroller of the Currency doesn't seem to understand that. But that's not why John Walsh needs to resign.

The OCC was created to stabilize the economy, make it easier to conduct trade, and protect people's savings. It didn't do that. In fact, it ignored the warnings raised by others. But that's not why John Walsh needs to resign.

His agency failed to anticipate the foreclosure crisis, and it overlooked bank criminality. Later John Walsh misled a Senate panel -- and the general public -- about the size of the problem. And even after being forced to clarify those misleading statements, Mr. Walsh keeps on repeating them. Whether by intent or ineptitude, he continues to misinform the public.

And that's why John Walsh needs to resign.

MUCH MORE AT THE LINK!

RESPONSE SEEN AT THE LINK:

An article about Obama replacing Robert Gates made me stop and think about how few Bush appointees he's replace. He swapped Bushie Paulson for Bushie Geithner, left Bernake, Bair, and Walsh in place; we really have Bush's people still running the country.

I wonder how Obama would have done in the Democratic primaries if he'd said "I, Barack Obama, believe that George Bush has appointed top-notch people, especially to his economic team. I plan to leave them in place, reappoint the longer-ter­m one's, and empower them to continue Bush's policies long after Bush has left office." Something tells me we'd have a different President.

As for those who say he had no choice ... bull: that's what recess appointmen­ts are for. (posted at the link by Michael Olenick)

***I wonder how Obama would have done in the Democratic primaries if he'd said "I, Barack Obama, believe that George Bush has appointed top-notch people, especially to his economic team.

God, that would of been a speech to download huh!! I was disappointed that Alex Jone's "The No'Bama Deception," didn't come out a year or so earlier. The writing was clearly on the wall in this documentary.

Whether this documentary would of made a difference perhaps, we'll never know.

...not only the timing, but how many episodes of "dancing with the stars," were currently running at that particular time as well :roll: