It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Screw You, America!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is a piece that says it all, with a few wordy dirds thrown in. I hope no one will be offended by them...I wasn't...and I figure we're all adults here at TVNL...that being said, read on...

Sometimes the fish in the barrel deserve to die

By Clif Garboden, Independent Weekly

America speaks with one voice. Unfortunately, it emanates from its ass.
--Barry Crimmins

Don't forgive my anger. All this needs to be said. And I know that as soon as that stiff-faced to-the-manure-born right-wing lackey in the White House tries to appoint a 21st-century counterpart to Roy Bean to the Supreme Court in a few weeks, more people are going to wish they'd said it sooner. John Kerry fucked up. More important, America fucked up. And the people who fucked up the most--you infamous red-staters--are going to suffer along with the rest of us. To put it in lingo a NASCAR devotee would understand, "Y'all deserve a good talkin'-to." John F. Kerry, you're first.

In your befuddling concession speech, you actually called for unity and healing. Sounds good, clown, but can't you even imagine for a second that the people who supported you so zealously for the past five months might just see that insincere gesture of good sportsmanship as a betrayal? See, unlike you pols, we voters actually believe in shit. We believe that George W. Bush and his henchpeople are a real threat to the survival of democracy. We believe that they're killing people for profit. And we believe that they don't have a goddamn clue about forfending terrorism on U.S. soil.

That's not a position gap; that's an ideological gash. And it's not going to heal, because, unlike you expedient professional truth-manipulators, I'm not prepared to meet the enemies of freedom halfway just because you lost the election. Your speechwriters might see the Bush administration's failings as nothing more than convenient fodder for your campaign blather, but the GOP junta's sins don't go away just because decrying them no longer serves your ambitions. Last week they were the imperialist pigs who misled us into war and you were the savior. Now we're the goddamn Getalong Gang?! Screw that. Fight back or shut up.

Now, the rest of you. ...

A lot of us effete Easterners want to know: What the fuck is wrong with you?! You voted against your self-interest at every turn (you dumb-asses in South Dakota deserve special credit for voting out one of the most powerful Democrats in the Senate) and re-elected an ignorant cowboy who can't be trusted to remember a lunch order, never mind run a country. What in the name of God...?! Wait, it was in the name of God, wasn't it? Rendered weak and ignorant by a spoon-fed climate of fear, you slack-jawed inbred flatlanders have sought refuge in the traditional twin towers of mindlessness--jingoistic patriotism and fundamentalist religion. God's on your side. Like hell. Jesus loves us, dammit.

Okay, you want God? Let's talk about God. Your religion is bogus. Fundamentalism, the facile belief in the unexplained and un-researched, is something you born-agains (couldn't get it right the first time, huh?) share with Al Qaeda, whose ideologues doggedly adhere to religious misinterpretations every bit as silly and dangerous as yours. Just like you, Muslim fundamentalists long to impose an unrealistic and intolerant pseudo-Calvinist morality on the world. In fact, America's religious right has so much in common with the Shiah, it's a wonder you guys don't invite them to join the Rotary. Born-againsters look for the face of Christ in the wallpaper; fundamentalist Muslims hallucinate the voice of the 12th Imam; but aside from that (and extremely divergent attitudes toward pork), you both hate the same stuff--homosexuality, pacifism, Jews, education, uppity women, enlightenment, short skirts, gangsta rap, tattoos, infidels. ... (They also share your love of super-lethal weaponry.)

Well, sorry to burst your holy bubble, Jesus freaks, but God did not create the world in seven days; that's just ignorant. Like a lot of stuff in the Bible, it didn't happen. And Moses looked more like Jeff Goldblum than like Charlton Heston. Jesus didn't hunt; he fished. Jesus wouldn't want you (or anyone else) to have an assault rifle. What would Jesus do if he met you? He'd ask you to stop ruining his hard-won good reputation. (Y'know the guy died to redeem your sorry ass; you might at least show a little respect for what he was really about.)

What else is bothering you self-destructive morons? What other overwhelmingly urgent issue caused you to vote yourselves into the retirement poorhouse and sacrifice the four freedoms? Gay marriage? Dig it. Right at this moment in your little picturesque insular East Silage-for-Brains, U.S.A., there are gay and lesbian couples walking around--possibly even copulating. Really. It's been going on around you all your lives, and you've never been hurt by it. Now, if these same couples were "married" in any legal sense, they'd still walk and copulate as usual and it still wouldn't make any difference to you. You don't like or understand homosexuality? Fine. Nobody's asking your permission. But it's not your problem. And hiding it won't make it go away. Nor will persecuting gays change anybody's sexual preference. So, to put it aptly, go fuck yourselves and leave other people alone.

Anything else? Education deform ... er, reform. Some of you weren't even born the first time when, in 1968, legendary secular-humanist prophet Frank Zappa wrote: "All your children are poor unfortunate victims of lies you believe. A plague upon your ignorance that keeps the young from the truth they deserve." We repeat, creationism is absurd. Yet in the name of protecting this ridiculous and irrelevant belief, you toothless crank-heads are willing to eschew all science and learning this side of Copernicus. (Or do you still think the sun orbits the earth?) The Bushies really are on your side here. Leaders like G.W. and (yes, it's a fair comparison) Hitler rise to power by exploiting the support of the weak and stupid, so it's in their interest to encourage weakness and stupidity. That's where universal education becomes a threat. Education encourages creative thought. Creative thought empowers people. Fascists hate creative thought. So it's incredibly convenient for the GOP that you folks actually want your kids to be dumb. Which is why the No Child Left Behind initiative you endorse has, in fact, done nothing! Happy? Perhaps ignorance really is bliss.

What else is on your hate-laden Limbaugh-laid table? Flag burning? It's just cloth, guys. Sex ed? Heaven forbid your daughters learned the facts of life in time to prevent having to avoid an abortion.

Gun control? We said "control," not confiscation. And there are high-powered automatic weapons most civilians really do not need. Even moose tend to come at you one at a time. "But shooting's fun!" you argue. "It's a sport." Breaking windows and driving 100 miles an hour are fun, but they're legally controlled activities. "But," you object, "how do I defend my family when the nigras and the Jews and the Communists from Harvard come on my property?" Right. Lock the gate; everybody covets your Tupperware and your chard. We'll be right over.

Does it really bother you cornpone chuckleheads that "we" think you're under-educated, culturally limited and ignorant? Well, how about proving us wrong? For starters, get this straight: There were no weapons of mass destruction; the Iraqis did not attack the World Trade Center; lots of children (including many of yours) are left behind every day; the greenhouse effect is for real; and the Dixie Chicks were right. Pin down a few of those basics and then perhaps we'll talk.

Am I being elitist here? Disrespectful of the dignity of the masses? I fuckin' hope so, because 51 percent of the masses have had their say and it doesn't make sense. Besides, when I think about people being tortured while they're held without representation at Guantnamo and Iraqi families crawling out of the rubble of their own homes, I'm not too worried if I insult some Bible-sucking insurance salesman or a possum-breathed saw sharpener.

Too harsh? I know (because I've been so chided) that there are lots of good, right-thinking/left-leaning liberals out there who feel it's my responsibility to "understand" you. These are good people; unlike you assholes, they voted the right way. But this is why in true progressive circles the word liberal attracts adjectives such as "wishy-washy," "self-serving" and "useless."

In its own well-intentioned way, liberalism is, when you think about it, almost as big a problem as fundamentalism is. See, as much as I disagree with you and am disgusted by the shallow and pathetic pawns you've become, I respect your potential. That's why liberal Democrats can't bring themselves to do what the Republicans do so well -- cynically lie to you for selfish gain. (Do you really think Kerry would have banned the Bible?) We nice people actually expected reasoned arguments, logic and incontrovertible evidence to convince you that Kerry was the better candidate. Turns out that the GOP's double whammy of fear and loathing is a more powerful vote-getting tool.

Of course they, not we, laid the groundwork there. And that's the real shocker you fly-over chicken-rubbers are going to realize just before the end (of freedom, that is; I don't mean the Rapture, which is something else you believe in that's not going to happen): You've been duped, and the Bushies are laughing at you behind your spineless backs right now. The Republicans don't care about you; they just wanted your vote so they can stay in power and make their oil-and-blood-soaked cronies even richer. They're going to send your job overseas and destroy Social Security. In the name of catching terrorists, they're going to make sure you don't read any interesting books or travel without permission. They're going to toss you a minuscule tax cut in exchange for under-funding public education and social services, so there will be more poor people around to bother you. Perhaps you will become one of them.

They're going to shower the pharmaceutical companies with excess profits while denying you life-saving medical attention. They're going to let corporate conglomerates fill the air you breathe with carcinogens while they discourage clean-energy research. They're going to insist the ozone layer's OK until y'all bake your little red asses off. They're going to alienate the rest of the Western world and any portion of the Eastern world that isn't willing to supply Wal-Mart with cheap labor. They're going to throw more Saddam-esque bogeymen in your face while tacitly supporting Saudi terrorists and ignoring nuclear-armed Korean dictators. They're going to rig the system so that even you law-abiding yahoos won't be able to get a fair trial. And worst of all, they're going to dehumanize your children and send them off to kill or be killed in the name of oil profits.

And you bought into it all because you're afraid. And you're afraid because they scared you. And it was all so unnecessary. You don't have to be frightened. You (okay, most of you) aren't really stupid or helpless. I know you at your worst and best. I grew up with you; I shared outdoor plumbing with you; I complimented the dead deer hanging on your front porches. You can open your minds and accept or reject things on their merits instead of on their reputations in small-minded circles. You can think for yourselves.

And some day, you might figure that out. Meanwhile, you deserve what we all got thanks to you, you bastards.

Clif Garboden is senior managing editor of The Boston Phoenix and president of the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies. He can be reached at cgarboden@phx.com.

Reprinted from The Independent Weekly:
http://indyweek.com/durham/current/news.html

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Screw You, America!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:26 pm 

Catherine wrote:

America speaks with one voice. Unfortunately, it emanates from its ass.
--Barry Crimmins

I get the impression that this guy thinks Kerry would be better than Bush.

I'm amazed when these people speak so authoratatively, as if the mainstream media has given them anything trustworthy or reliable.

I'm waiting for the day when people finally realize that either way, whether Kerry or Bush, Democrat or Republican, they're being fed the same crap. Then it'll be too late for them to say anything, because most people will have spent so much time watching baseball or survivor that they won't realize thier democracy is gone until it's too late to get it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

THIS IS DEMOCRACY....

Supporters of Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Yushchenko hold a mass rally in the main square of Kiev, Monday, Nov. 29, 2004.

Quote:
This is what Democracy looks like for those of you who have forgotten.
It's not pretty but it's passionate, powerful and it strikes a chord in all of our hearts.
It's people demanding the truth .
It's people rightfully angry and taking their protest to the streets.
It's what our Democracy was built on.

It happened in Madrid earlier this year and the government fell ~ for their government was misleading them.
Now its happening in Kiev ~ for their government has been misleading them.

When will it happen here ? When will we take to the streets and demand the truth ~ for our government has been misleading us for four years.

Source: http://blogs.salon.com/0002255/

Catherine

Shoreleave...Welcome to this board...good to have you here. I hope this excellent place will become more active as time goes by. Anyway, I completely agree with your comments. We have theocratic republicans in charge right now, while the democrats are scrambling around trying to figure out what happened. My gut tells me that the American people in general are too busy making a living and raising their families to care about the true nature of politics. I also blame our educational system for not putting more emphasis history, civics, and political science in our schools, especially high school.

Now, we have an entire generation of Americans who are basically ignorant about politics...and we're seeing the results of that ignorance. Ignorance breeds fear, and fear breeds ignorance...and Karl Rove knows this...he's in charge of one of the most ignorant men who has ever walked the face of the earth...GWB, and his basic program is based on fear...

But in Ukraine, we can see what can be again in America, once we find our spines again and become less afraid to stick out the end of those spines...our necks.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:46 pm 
Quote:
Then it'll be too late for them to say anything, because most people will have spent so much time watching baseball or survivor that they won't realize thier democracy is gone until it's too late to get it back.

Crazy innit? A simple plan, yet so effective.

Post subject: Re: Screw You, America!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:23 pm 

Shorebreak wrote:
I'm amazed when these people speak so authoratatively, as if the mainstream media has given them anything trustworthy or reliable.

I'm waiting for the day when people finally realize that either way, whether Kerry or Bush, Democrat or Republican, they're being fed the same crap. Then it'll be too late for them to say anything, because most people will have spent so much time watching baseball or survivor that they won't realize thier democracy is gone until it's too late to get it back.

Two words come to mind: media control.

In his book, Media Control, Noam Chomsky wrote:
The people in the public relations industry aren't there for the fun of it. They're doing work. They're trying to instill the right values. In fact, they have a conception of what democracy ought to be: It ought to be a system in which the specialized class is trained to work in the service of the masters, the people who own the society. The rest of the population ought to be deprived of any form of organization, because organization just causes trouble. They ought to be sitting alone in front of the TV and having drilled into their heads the message, which says, the only value in life is to have more commodities or live like that rich middle class family you're watching and to have nice values like harmony and Americanism. That's all there is in life. You may think in your own head that there's got to be something more in life than this, but since you're watching the tube alone you assume, I must be crazy, because that's all that's going on over there. And since there is no organization permitted- that's absolutely crucial-you never have a way of finding out whether you are crazy, and you just assume it, because it's the natural thing to assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:40 pm 

Quote:
Screw You, America!

GeeDubya givin' democracy the[url=http://homepage.mac.com/njenson/movies/bushuncensored.html]
"One-fingered victory salute"[/url]
(QuickTime movie)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:00 am 
Evil Poet,

This is exactly what I was talking about. Every word on this page is a smear and slander of G.W.B. and the Republican party yet you stomp your feet and demand Bi-Partisanship........In other words, you want us to treat you fair and with respect but you can say whatever vile crap that comes to your heads.

.............no bi-Partisanship for you only the G.W. boot in your leftist a**. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But can you dispute, rationally, reasonably, and without calling names, any of what Mr. Garboden is saying with evidence that is irrefutable? (AND the opinions of Rush, Anne, Shaun, and/or Bill or others of their ilk don't count.

Can you reference anything anywhere that proves the author of this article is lying about anything he talks about?

Can you offer a rebuttal that is a truthful rant, as the original post was intended to be?

I challenge you to do this...

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:49 am 
Hi Cathrine,

I tried to read what Mr. Garbagecan(sorry, about the name calling) was saying but it sounds so much like what most of the lefties.....

Cathrine, I will be honest I haven't read it.......After a certian number of words in the libby's vocabulary all I hear is Blah, Blah,and Blah

As tonights assignment, I promise to read it and give you an honest assesment of it. I am sure you are a very nice person. Sometimes

I get a little crazy with my responses.
What is it about teachers that make me tell the truth....I'm seeing sister mary from H.S. again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
After a certian number of words in the libby's vocabulary all I hear is Blah, Blah,and Blah

You're not being asked to hear anything...you are being asked to read with your own eyes and mind the article in its entirety, and then take it apart, piece by piece, as to whether or not it's untrue.

At least you're honest to admit that you've not read it. The people who support Bush don't want to hear anything that is said about him that is non-supportive. I don't understand that. Bush is not America...wouldn't we be more effective if we were less divided as a nation? Wouldn't we be fighting a more effective war on terror if we had the world's support, as we did have on Sept. 12, 2001?

How can you support tax cuts for the wealthiest people in the nation, while so many struggle to get by on minimum wage? How can you stand by and nod approval while our Constitution is being undermined by the Patriot Acts?

How can you support a war that was begun on false pretenses? You don't have to support the war in order to support the troops. I have a son in the Coast Guard and one son served in the Army, so I know that to be a fact.

How can you deny that where there is so much smoke, there has got to be a little fire that's getting bigger and bigger?

If it's any enticement to encourage you to read Screw You, America! from start to finish, please know that the author gives it to the Democrats as hard as he does to the Republicans.

Nobody gets off with this guy, and I am so impressed that he was able to take his anger, reasonably express it in such exceptional prose, and still step on the toes of all of us by making a whole lot of good sense.

That's why I posted it here, and that's why I agree with it.

Just try to keep an open mind...without letting your brains fall out. :wink:

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:37 am 
Catharine, Maybe I read out loud.

I read the first few paragraphs and what this guy says is just unsupported drivel. I will read it .....I still haven't yet....but I will. The problem is that I try not to read every left wing load of crap that is printed. After a while they all start to sound like M.Moore. So many times the left has passed off supposed facts that were all a bunch of B.S. I would like to address some of your comments though. I know my first paper is late but one at a time.

Fighting a more effective war:
I don't know if you remember the USS.Cole or the bombings in Tanzania and Kenya or the countless other attacks that Bill Clinton ignored until the terrorist (I know you want to call them freedom fighters) were finally so emboldened and convinced that we were do nothing paper tigers that they hit us on our own soil on 9/11/01 killing 3000 +. If the dems were in charge not only would we not be fighting a more effective war....we would not be fighting a war at all. You had countless opportunities to stop this assault before it grew into what it did . You chose to cut the military and intelligence budgets by 28 percent and then complain about the lack of intelligence on 9/11. The only offensive actions you took at all were to lob some missiles from a sub. at a camel and a couple of tents in the desert and hit nothing. (when I say you, I mean Clinton and the dems) If the dems were in charge we would be asking the 22 Billion dollar stealing U.N. to protect us while we cowered in the corner and hoped that the big mean terrorist would leave us alone.

Tax cuts for the rich:
I got a 300 dollar tax cut and they raped me for thousands of dollars in taxes. I would say that my windfall was a load of crap. You sound like your reading from the D.N.C. script. Is Terry Mcallif your next door neighbor. If you don't pay allot in taxes you will not get allot back.
The rich and the corporations in this country pay 80 percent of the tax burden they should get the most back. If you give people back more than they put in it is redistribution of wealth.........or communism/socialism. The companies in this country employ almost all the people if their tax burden is too high they will have to cut jobs....Economics 101.

The Patriot Act:
You whined like a bunch of babies that our government didn't protect you when the towers were hit (see Richard Clark) Then when we put a tool in place to grab the bad guy you whine that your civil liberties were trampled on........you can't have it both ways. Just like you whine about how we are holding those poor Muslim people at Git-Mo and they should be released. Just imagine if we released one of them (and you know that he is going to join the Ji-Had again when he gets back home) and after he got home he lines one of your sons up in his crosshairs and pulled the trigger. Let's at least keep them incarcerated until the war is over!!!

War under false pretenses:
Bill Clinton,Al Gore and Kerry all said Saddam was a threat and would need to be delt with not that any of them could muster the fortitude to do it. The twin towers didn't fall and over and 3000+ of our citizens were not killed in a meteor storm. So we went to Afghanistan and kicked some major mujadeen a** in 3 months we had them running for their lives...What the soviets couldn't accomplish in 10 years and 68,000 dead troops(not to mention the 1 million dead Afghans) then we picked the biggest crap talking punk in the middleast with the 4th largest army in the world Saddam H. and handed him his head....That is right... Mission Accomplished!! When you lose all your planes and tanks and your ability to communicate you have lost. Small arms fire and R.P.G.s are not going to win anything for you. Every time Ted Kennedy or his ilk gets in front of a camera and says the war was illegal and it shows up in the Al-Jezera News reports he does more damage to us than 20 road side bombs.....He is a f**king traitor and should be shot like one......There was a poll given to middleastern countries that ask are you afraid that the U.S. will invade you. 7 out of 8 of them said yes and that is right where we want them. If they are on the defensive it will be hard for them to plan their next offensive move. If you don't believe that Saddam H. had weapons of mass destruction ask the 7000 Kurds he killed with pos.gas.

I don't give a crap what the rest of the world thinks of us ...we are the only superpower!!!! We lead the rest follow.

MS

Post subject: Disorder ...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:43 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

DISORDER AT THE TOP
or "rotting from the head"

by

Dorothy Anne Seese

The reports are seemingly endless, a long laundry list of defects in our obese government structure of subversives, panderers, crooks, delusional leaders and biased media cohorts, inadequate training in the military and incomprehensible lack of coordination and supply for a war that should never have been, and stupid trips by even more stupid elected officials to places they should not be allowed, all at taxpayer expense.

And to think the American Revolution was ignited over a tea tax!

Of course, Boston Harbor couldn't hold the carcasses of the huge number of lunatic elected and appointed officials in American government, they outnumber the tea by about 2,000 official persons to 1 case of tea. (Don't hold me to an exact figure, we haven't had an official investigation at this point.) But it's obvious that America has a bad case of Rottenhead Infestation, and RI seems to grow every time the government reorganizes anything or holds a new election. This government has pandered to its enemies and kicked its allies, bought its lovers and given its defense information to those who have every intention of using it against the American people for a long, long time.

Too long is too long to keep quiet about it, and the people who whine are silenced by being single voices in the midst of a burgeoning and noisy, media-controlling MIC that never gives any response for the cries to get the US out of stupid wars or out of the United Nations simply because the government officials have something to gain or something to lose if they suddenly turn honest. In the meantime, the people are so weak they keep voting "the lesser of two evils" which is voting for evil, rather than uniting in a strong protest that would bring about a general housecleaning of the structure we now have in America.

The world might not like us more but it would have reason to respect and fear a nation that would take its own government by the horns and shove them where the sun doesn't shine! Any nation that would do that with the liberty they still have would be a people with guts and grit, a force to be reckoned with.

But what people who have the franchise refuse to do with their vote, they certainly aren't going to do with their guns. That's why they will lose those guns one of these days, just as they've lost control of the power of the people to keep the government as a public servant and not a cruel taskmaster. The structure to keep government in line is in the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but the people have allowed the government to take their power, inch by inch, until they now live in a delusion of "freedom" while fearing to speak out, vote out the Rottenheads and clean up the various departments of government, most of which are unconstitutional and unnecessary.

No, government does not run like a well-oiled machine that keeps functioning as it was designed to do unless it is properly maintained, which means keeping not only a watchful eye for abuses but taking direct and swift action against those abuses. There should have been a popular revolt against the income tax, when it was improperly declared a ratified amendment to the Constitution. There should have been an overwhelming protest against the creation of the Federal Reserve Board in 1913. "There should have been" includes a long list right down to the very day this is being typed and into the foreseeable future, as it becomes apparent what should have been done each day along that road called time.

One thing to be remembered is this: the government of a federal republic cannot be derelict in its duty unless the people as a whole, the voting public, is derelict in theirs!

The current situation is being cemented by importing aliens by the millions to dilute the older population of Americans who might see the direction the nation is headed and take action. The solution to that problem is to bring in those who could care less as long as they can feed off the fat of the land and exist at citizen taxpayer expense. Then they demand voting rights as non-citizens or vote anyway, citizen or not, because more idiots are at the helm of the various voter registration bureaus in each state's counties.

Then people ask what to do about this mess.

Those who voted for either major party candidate in the last presidential election shouldn't have the gall to ask, and those who voted third party did what they could legally, but if their pathetic numbers indicate the sum of thinking people in America, then the country has not only been infested with Rottenhead but the whole fish stinks and is fast headed for the trash can. Sorry, it was a great swordfish, a beautiful specimen, but it got Rottenhead Infestation and was lost.

The so-called federalized education system is doing its best to make sure that younger citizens never learn the truth about the founding fathers of America and what they were seeking to do. The present day media is making certain that the general public listening to a few minutes of news has no idea what's going on in the US because they never hear the truth, there is no longer any competition among the newspapers or radio stations because they've been gobbled up by a few cooperating corporations with the same agenda.

Darkness has fallen over the land and few know why.

The people who protest seldom get a letter to a congress critter read, they get a form letter reply thanking them for their input. These same people seldom get a letter to the editor published in a major newspaper. They have no voice and no one wants to hear their complaints.

This is the liberty for which our military personnel are fighting and dying so we can spread it around the world?

The world already has Rottenhead Infestation in nearly every country one can name and a few none of us can pronounce. This is the work of the globalism that is controlling every aspect of our lives right down to how much we should weigh and what we should eat, breathe, drive, read, hear and speak.

War is the ultimate failure of diplomacy and we have failed because we are always at war. We use our military in the wrong places at the wrong times and for the wrong reasons. The nation is geared up to declare immediate martial law against its own people while proclaiming it is liberating the slaves in other nations. That is the ultimate in hypocrisy and disorder at the top.

If ever there was a time to call a national referendum, it is now.

Why don't we have one? Because a federal republic needs no national referendum and the United States never was a "democracy" in spite of the misuse of the term everywhere. But if the government is going to call itself a democracy, then a national referendum makes consummate good sense, and it is time to sound the call to arms to protest the loss of jobs, the treasonous actions of the leadership, the illegal conduct of foreign wars not in the national interest, the misuse of the military, the intrusion into the private lives of citizens, the threats to disarm the population and the unconstitutional buildup of a massive federal government.

It seems that the forced downsizing of the federal government and its illegal conduct would greatly reduce the illegal income tax burden and save Social Security as well as liberating our own slaves.

Or is this no longer the home of the brave?

http://www.tech.com.au:8080/flagship/se ... oryId=1667

http://www.lewisnews.com/article.asp?ID=97010

http://www.worldnewsstand.net/03/John_Kaminski/25.htm

Sir...