Site Admin

The meltdown may have already begun...

Articles of Impeachment for
President George W. Bush,
Vice President Richard B. Cheney,
and Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld
for high crimes and misdemeanors.

[Prepared by Phil Burk. Last updated November 15th, 2004.]

Resolved, that President George W. Bush, Richard B. Cheney, and Donald H. Rumsfeld be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following articles of impeachment be exhibited to the United States Senate:

Articles of impeachment exhibited by the House of Representatives of the United States of America in the name of itself and of the people of the United States of America, in maintenance and support of its impeachment against President George W. Bush and his team for high crimes and misdemeanors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article I
In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has conspired to exceed his constitutional authority to wage war, in that:
On March 19, 2003, George W. Bush invaded the sovereign country of Iraq in direct defiance of the United Nations Security Council. This constitutes a violation of Chapter 1, Article 2 of the United Nations Charter and a violation of Principal VI of the Nuremberg Charter. According to Article VI of the United States Constitution "This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land;". George W. Bush has thus acted in violation of the supreme Law of the Land by the following acts:

Invading Iraq with United States military forces.
Sacrificing the lives of hundreds of American soldiers.
Killing tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and conscripts.
Rejecting possibilities for peaceful resolution of the conflict by rejecting acts of compliance by Saddam Hussein with the United Nations Resolutions, and ignoring the findings by Hans Blix that inspections were working to disarm Iraq.

Article II
In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has subverted the principles of democracy, by the following acts:
Providing misinformation to the United Nations Security Council, Congress, and the American people overstating the offensive capabilities of Iraq, including weapons of mass destruction, as justification for military action against Iraq.
Repeatedly manipulating the sentiments of the American people by erroneously linking Iraq with the terrorist attacks of September 11th by Al-Qaeda.
Repeatedly claiming that satellite photos of sites in Iraq depicted factories for weapons of mass destruction in contradiction with the results of ground inspections by United Nations teams.
Providing the International Atomic Energy Commission with forged documents describing the sale of uranium to Iraq by Niger, and referring to that sale in the State of the Union Address after being told by the CIA that the documents were forged.

Article III
In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has threatened the security of the American people, by the following acts:
Diverting military resources from pursuing known terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden who have repeatedly attacked the United States of America.
Generating ill will among the peoples of the world with an offensive and aggressive foreign policy.
Weakening the effects of International Law by defying the United Nations thus encouraging other nations to violate International law by example.
Proposing military strategies involving the first use of tactical or low yield nuclear weapons in violation of the Nonproliferation Treaty, which is an inherently destabilizing strategy that encourages participants in a conflict to strike before the other side can do so.
Wherefore, George Bush, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States. Subscribe to our Newsletter

Phil Burk, www.impeachbush.tv

Link: http://www.impeachbush.tv/impeach/articles.html

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:52 am 
In response to Article 1........We don't answer to the U.N

In Response to Article 2.........Again, We don't answer to the U.N.

In Response to Article 3.....For the third time We......don't Answer to the 22 Billion dollar stealing U.N.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:03 am 

So tell me Marine Sniper, who do you answer to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:43 am 
EvilPoet,

We are a sovereign nation. When we make a decision to go to war we need not get the permission of any country except our Congress. If it is in our interest we can make a preemptive strike or not it is all our call.

The do nothing U.N. gave seventeen resolutions to Iraq.........Can you Imagine telling your kids 17 times not to do that................How would that go .........Alright boy!!!!Daddy's told you 16 times not to do that if you do it one more time .....I'm going to tell you 17 times not to do that.

That child would be rolling his eyes after three times. My dad would tell me once and then it was woodshed time .....and we really had a woodshed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:01 am 

Marine Sniper,

Your mention of a sovereign nation brings this
QuickTime movie to mind: sovereignty.mov

Post subject: George W Bush is a liar
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:02 am 

In his book, The Lies of George W. Bush, David Corn wrote:
"Some people think it's inappropriate to draw a moral line. Not me. For
our children to have the lives we want for them, they must learn to say
yes to responsibility. . .yes to honesty."
--George W. Bush, June 12, 1999

George W Bush is a liar. He has lied large and small. He has lied directly and by omission. He has misstated facts, knowingly or not. He has misled. He has broken promises, been unfaithful to political vows. Through his campaign for the presidency and his first years in the White House, he has mugged the truth -- not merely in honest error, but deliberately, consistently, and repeatedly to advance his career and his agenda. Lying greased his path toward the White House; it has been one of the essential tools of his presidency. To call the 43rd president of the United States a prevaricator is not an exercise of opinion, not an inflammatory talk-radio device. This insult is supported by an all too extensive record of self-serving falsifications. So constant is his fibbing that a history of his lies offers a close approximation of the history of his presidential tenure."

While politicians are often derided as liars, this charge should be particularly stinging for Bush. During the campaign of 2000, he pitched himself as a candidate who could "restore" honor and integrity to an Oval Office stained by the misdeeds and falsehoods of his predecessor. To brand Bush a liar is to negate what he and his supporters claimed as his most basic and most important qualification for the job; it is a challenge, in a sense, to his legitimacy. But it is a challenge fully supported by his words and actions, as well as those of the aides and officials who speak and act for him. The list of falsehoods is long. And only one man bears responsibility for that-the fellow who campaigned in an airplane christened Responsibility One.

Does the truth matter to Bush? No more than winning office, gaining a political advantage, or prevailing in a policy dispute. He has lied not only to cover up inconvenient matters or facts, or out of defensiveness when caught in a contradiction or an uncomfortable spot. He has engaged in strategic lying-that is, prevaricating about the fundamental elements of his presidency, including his basic goals and his own convictions. He has used lies to render himself and his ideas more enticing to voters and the public. And that raises the question: has lying been critical to his success? Were Bush and his proposals-unadorned by fiction-not sufficiently appealing?

A liar in the White House is not a remarkable development. Most presidents lie, many brazenly and with impunity. Only a few have had to pay a political cost for their dissimulations. In 1840, William Henry Harrison, the Whig candidate for president, told potential voters he had been born in a log cabin. Not true at all. He was a scion of an aristocratic family, and he had grown up in a red-brick mansion on the James River in Virginia. But he won the contest. Twenty years later, Abraham Lincoln-his supporters hailed him as "Honest Abe"-was running for president, and advocates presented Lincoln to voters as a country lawyer. No-he had been reared in rural Illinois, but by the time he was a presidential wannabe, he had become one of the nation's leading attorneys, representing railroads and other corporations.

In more recent decades, presidents have lied to get their way or hide embarrassing truths. In a pre-Pearl Harbor fireside chat in 1941, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, looking to persuade Americans that the nation should side with Britain in its war against Nazi Germany, reported that a German submarine had launched an unprovoked attack on the USS Greer. Left unsaid was the fact that the Greer had been cooperating with a British naval effort to find the sub and destroy it. On August 9, 1945, three days after the United States struck Hiroshima with an atomic bomb, Harry Truman, in a radio speech, said, "The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, in so far as possible, the killing of civilians." Yet Hiroshima was a city, not a military base. Its population at that time included about 350,000 civilians. In May 1960, when the Soviet Union announced it had shot down an American U-2 spyplane flying over its territory, Dwight Eisenhower had his aides say that this aircraft had been only a weather plane that had wandered 1,500 miles off course. But after Moscow produced wreckage of the plane and the pilot of the aircraft, the Eisenhower administration publicly conceded it had been conducting U-2 overflights. At the time, many Americans were genuinely shocked that a White House had lied. Later, Eisenhower explained why he had subordinates spin for him during the U-2 episode: "When a president has lost his credibility, he has lost his greatest strength.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:52 pm 
Yea!.............. Like I'm going to get my hard news facts from David Corn I might as well ask Wolf Blitzer or Larry King for the truth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:06 am 

So tell me Marine Sniper, what does Dubya Kool-Aid taste
like? Oh wait! I know - it tastes like alcohol, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:23 am 
It taste like VICTORY baby.....MMMMM pass me another glass!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:43 am 

8) Here you go ---> c[_]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:35 am 
Hey that was cool ....how did you do that....with the glass I'm not a big computer geek.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:11 am 

Use these keys on your keyboard in this order:

Little c Open bracket [ Underscore_ Close bracket ]

Put them all together and you get this ---> c[_]

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:52 pm 
Thanks.....How cute!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:01 pm 
I'm a little confused, can someone help me with this.

Clinton awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Yugoslavia - good...
Bush awards Halliburton no-bid contract in Iraq - bad...

Clinton spends 77 billion on war in Serbia - good...
Bush spends 87 billion in Iraq - bad...

Clinton imposes regime change in Serbia - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Clinton bombs Christian Serbs on behalf of Muslim Albanian terrorists-
good...
Bush liberates 25 million from a genocidal dictator - bad...

Clinton bombs Chinese embassy - good...
Bush bombs terrorist camps - bad...

Clinton commits felonies while in office - good...
Bush lands on aircraft carrier in jumpsuit - bad...

No mass graves found in Serbia - good...
No WMD found Iraq - bad...

Stock market crashes in 2000 under Clinton - good...
Economy on upswing under Bush - bad...

Clinton refuses to take custody of Bin Laden - good...
World Trade Centers fall under Bush - bad...

Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good...
Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...

Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Terrorist training in Afghanistan under Clinton - good...
Bush destroys training camps in Afghanistan - bad...

Milosevic not yet convicted - good...
Saddam turned over for trial - bad...

Ahh, it's so confusing!

Every year an independent tax watchdog group analyzes the average tax
burden on Americans, and then calculates the
"Tax Freedom Day".

This is the day after which the money you earn goes to you, not the
government.
This year, tax freedom day was April 11th. That's the earliest it has been
since 1991.
It's latest day ever was May 2nd, which occurred in 2000. Notice anything
special about those dates?

Another interesting fact: Both George Bush and John Kerry are wealthy men.
Bush owns only one home, his ranch in Texas. Kerry owns 4 mansions,
all worth several million dollars. (His ski resort home in Idaho is an old
barn
brought over from Europe in pieces. Not your average A-frame).

Bush paid $250,000 in taxes this year; Kerry paid $90,000.
Does that sound right? The man who wants to raise your taxes obviously has
figured out a way to avoid paying his own.

Post subject: Hot Air
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:17 pm 
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude
and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you
help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't
know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and Replied, "You're in a hot air
balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above
sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100
degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican.

" I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well, answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically
correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I'm
still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, you don't know where you are or where you're going.
You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made
a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve
your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we
met, but somehow, now it's my fault."