It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barbara Boxer Holding Rice Accountable
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
On Tuesday, January 18th and Wednesday, January 19th, National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice will appear before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in a confirmation hearing for her appointment as Secretary of State.

Dr. Rice's confirmation hearing must not be a rubber stamp of President Bush's appointment. The Senate must take its "advice and consent" role seriously.

That's why, as a member of the Foreign Relations Committee, I intend to stand up and ask Condoleezza Rice the tough questions that Americans deserve to have answered. Questions like:

Why did the United States go to war in Iraq based on misleading -- if not false and fraudulent -- evidence?

Why did we divert valuable resources and intelligence personnel to Iraq, taking them away from Afghanistan and the pursuit of Osama bin Laden?

Why did you mislead the American people into thinking there was a connection between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaida before September 11th?
We must hold Condoleezza Rice accountable for her misleading statements leading up to the Iraq war and beyond before we can even consider promoting her to Secretary of State.

So I ask you to join with me: Lend your voice to the chorus of millions of Americans across our great land who are demanding that Condoleezza Rice tell the truth about Iraq, weapons of mass destruction, the search for Osama bin Laden, the fight against Al Qaida, and the war on terrorism.

I urge you to sign my petition below, so I can take your voice with me to the committee room and the floor of the Senate in the pursuit of the truth from Condoleezza Rice.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
U.S. Senator

To sign Sen. Boxer's petition, please go to this link:

http://ga4.org/campaign/ricehearings

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: The Confirmation Hearings Were A Joke!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:28 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

MESSAGE DELETED DUE TO DOUBLE POSTING - SEE FOLLOWING POST

"It's Not What You Are, It's What People Think You Are"

If We Don't Ask, We Can't Learn" & "If We Don't Learn, We Can't Grow"

Last edited by MattLiarLauer on Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: The Confirmation Hearings Were A Joke!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:29 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

I listened to the hearings on NPR and they were a joke!

Joseph Biden (D-DE) is a rear-end kisser if there ever was one! How could a man who has a relative in the military (I think his son) vote to confirm this liar is beyond me? Is Condie being "banged" by George W? She's the "Teflon Woman" of the Bush Administration; nothing sticks to her! I am so, so, so, so disappointed in all the Democrats EXCEPT John Kerry (D-MA) and my girl Barbara Boxer (D-CA). If Kerry had voted for her it would have been a REAL flip flop! I was so glad to see 2 people who did not let Condie skate by.

Hopefully Biden and the other Democrats and the Republicans will come to their senses. How many votes does she need when the full Senate votes to confirm her?

I'm from Indiana and if Evan Bayh (D-IN) or Richard Lugar (R-IN) ever runs for President or any other office, DO NOT VOTE THEM HIM! 2 disgraceful men in my opinion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

But did you sign the petition? :?

The goal is 100,000+

Boxer has almost 70,000 last I looked.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: 1 For My Baby!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:37 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

As of 11:36pm 01-25-2005, she had 90,100+ thanks to me. Oh, I'm not saying I "stuffed the ballot box". Bush & Company do that sort of thing (with the help of the people who built the electronic voting machines) and they did lots of that in Ohio and Florida. I just casted my 1 little vote in support of Babs.

It only takes 1; you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:10 pm 

You couldn't stuff the ballot box. After I voted, a friend who does not have a computer wanted to vote but couldn't on my computer. One vote per computer I guess.

I am glad there was a LOT of information about how dismal Condi is and people did at least get a glimpse of how incompetent she is.

'Do not impune my integrity', indeed!

As I have said and will go on saying, she DOES represent this administration. The problem is the administration, not Condi herself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
The problem is the administration, not Condi herself.

dori, I'm afraid I must disagree with you on that statement. Condaleeza Rice is a grown woman, educated, and experienced as those of a minority race can only be experienced. She has chosen to work for an egotistical, rich, unscrupulous, little big man who wouldn't give her the time of day if she didn't fawn all over him and agree with him as he makes his stupid and officious speeches.

She has willingly lied for him. Just like Colin Powell lied for him. Rice's actions and choices have cost American lives, and continue to cost American lives.

If Rice or Powell had an ounce of integrity between them, they would both have resigned when they knew the intellligence had been misinterpreted and they had misled the American people by helping to convince them and the Congress that it was necessary to invade Iraq.

Rice isn't much more than the two reporters who took money from the Bush administration to tout the Bush agenda. About the only difference is Condi Rice is getting a hell of a lot more money for the selling of her soul.

Rice is responsible for her own actions, just as you and I would be if we do wrong.

Rice doesn't want her integrity impugned...isn't that sad? Someone needs to tell her that you can't impugne something you've never had.

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/11-16-2004-61719.asp

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman