It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wanna vomit? Here's Bush's statement:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:32 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

From the Washington Post:

Quote:
President Bush said the public's decision to reelect him was a ratification of his approach toward Iraq and that there was no reason to hold any administration officials accountable for mistakes or misjudgments in prewar planning or managing the violent aftermath.

"We had an accountability moment, and that's called the 2004 elections," Bush said in an interview with The Washington Post. "The American people listened to different assessments made about what was taking place in Iraq, and they looked at the two candidates, and chose me."

I also just heard that his approval ratings have gone up four points, and that the majority of the country is hopeful about Bush's second term. Is this Nightmare Alley or what???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:46 am 
No 501,

This is what the Majority of American people voted for......No nightmares here....Just smooth sailing. Going to be another great 4 years :D

Post subject: You are funny!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Marine Sniper wrote:
No 501,

This is what the Majority of American people voted for......No nightmares here....Just smooth sailing. Going to be another great 4 years :D
Too funny! :laughing8:

4 more years of root canal with no pain killer! Looking forward to it!
:banghead: "I like it! It feels great!"

Last edited by Jesse on Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: smooth sailing.....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:56 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

...on the Titanic, Sniper. First, understand that the majority of the nation - would involve close to 150 million people. Bush did NOT get a majority of the people to vote for him. So much for math.

Your 'smooth sailing' phrase is a joke. What in the entire four years went smoothly under Bush? The war? The economy? The environment? Helath care? Prescription drugs? Education improvement? Foreign policy? The dollar? Employment? Respect for the nation and its leaderse? Geez. What planet do you live on?

I do hope you're a real marine, and ready to sign up again - your president needs you very badly to fight for our freedom in Iraq. When you go, please write and tell us how our freedom is being preserved by deaths you cause and the deaths your fellow marines suffer. I'll be waiting to hear.

Post subject: One more thing, Sniper....
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:03 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Quote:
Clinton says Saddam has nukes - good...
Bush says Saddam has nukes - bad...

Clinton said, "Let's get inspectors to look for them." GOOD
Bush said, "We know for SURE they're there. Let's invade.." BAD

Quote:
Clinton calls for regime change in Iraq - good...
Bush imposes regime change in Iraq - bad...

Clinton said: Let's work to get the people of Iraq to oppose Saddam! - GOOD
Bush said: Let's go in with Shock and Awe, kill tens of thousands of people and destroy countrty so Halliburton can build it up! BAD BAD BAD

To even mention Clinton and Bush in the same breath is a crime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:26 am 
Got no problem with killing as long as the right people are killed.

And Bush did get a majority of the people to vote for him and he also got the The Electoral vote. Sad day for the libbys....Sorry! :D

Post subject: Re: Wanna vomit? Here's Bush's statement:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:21 am 

Reggie501 wrote:
I also just heard that his approval ratings have gone up four points, and that the majority of the country is hopeful about Bush's second term. Is this Nightmare Alley or what???????

Reggie 501,
You shouldn't be too suprised to see this. Bush & Co. have done a great job of using fear to manipulate the American people ever since 9/11. The media has done a great job of not reporting the facts. Whenever anything comes out that does not support the Bush & Co. agenda, the media never seems to bring the facts to the forefront.
Look what happened last week. It finally came out that there were no WMD's in Iraq(something most of us knew already). The spin from Bush & Co. immediately became that maybe there were no WMD's, but we deposed Saddam and that was reason enough to go to war - and the media went along with that spin. The fact that Iraq having WMD's was the main reason we were given to go to war was simply swept under the rug.

Also, I wouldn't put too much faith in poll numbers. It's usually just based on about 1,000 who supposedly represent a cross section of the American people. I don't see how these 1,000 can represent the opinions of every American citizen.

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Haven't you noticed that the "alerts" have almost disappeared since the "election?"

Wonder why! But watch...when Bush' approval ratings go down, and they will, something will happen, probably linked to Iran and/or Syria, and Chertoff will be given an opportunity to come out and make his debut performance!

Old Karl is probably helping him with his lines right now!

Do you suppose the colors of the alerts will change? What happens if you're color blind?

:laughing9:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:08 pm 

Let's not forget about Osama Bin Laden. Isn't it something that Osama Bin Laden always seems to "appear" at those times when Bush & Co. need to put the fear back into the American people?

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AND with the special ops "on the ground in Iran and Syria," they probably know just where Osama is!

He may be brought out and paraded in chains if the polls show Bush's popularity going down too far.

In fact, in order to shore up Republicans for the 2006 elections, I think that is exactly what will happen...it's all a stage play, and so many non-thinking Americans continue to fall for it.

Read my post in the Accurate Journalism forum about Bush Rules...it's all revealed right there. It's a long article, but worth the time it takes to read it.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:23 pm 
It doesn't matter anyway. If we found a mountain of nuclear weapons and Osama in the same pile in downtown Baghdad...The left would claim that we planted it there. So how do we win??? I know we will vote them out of office and make them irrelevant...........Oh!!!!!That's right we did that already!