It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Norwegians Confused by Bush Salute
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:49 pm 

Norwegians Confused by Bush Salute

Friday January 21, 2005 6:01 PM

AP Photo NY117

OSLO, Norway (AP) - President Bush's ``Hook 'em, 'horns'' salute got lost in translation in Norway, where shocked people interpreted his hand gesture during his inauguration as a salute to Satan.

That's what it means in the Nordics when you throw up the right hand with the index and pinky fingers raised, a gesture popular among heavy metal groups and their fans in the region.

``Shock greeting from Bush daughter,'' a headline in the Norwegian Internet newspaper Nettavisen said above a photograph of Bush's daughter Jenna, smiling and showing the sign.

For Texans, the gesture is a sign of love for the University of Texas Longhorns, whose fans are known to shout out ``Hook 'em, 'horns!'' at sporting events.

Bush, a former Texas governor, and his family made the sign to greet the Longhorn marching band as it passed during the inaugural parade through Washington during Thursday's festivities, explained Verdens Gang, Norway's largest newspaper.

Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4747595,00.html

Maybe Satan is the "God" Bush is referring to when he talks about doing God's work. :twisted:

-Eva :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That sign has made some of the more "paranoid" among the Bush-watchers accuse Bush of being the Anti-Christ!

http://www.bushisantichrist.com/

Bush isn't anything, in my opinion, except psychotic, dangerous, and a raving, moronic, Jesus-freaked abortion that should have been.

One thing's for sure...he'll NEVER be my prez. :angry2:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:24 pm 

Most people who create a crime and say that God made them do it (or that they are doing God's work) are either put in jail or locked away in some psych ward. Bush on the other wages an ILLEGAL war (where innocent people have been wounded and lost their lives) saying he is doing God's work...and manages to get re-elected for a SECOND term!!
I just found it funny that his `Hook 'em, 'horns'' salute got interpreted as a salute to Satan...because to me Bush is the son of Satan!!

I have a very hard time even looking at him or listening to him talk. He makes my stomach turn.

I also refuse to refer to him as my president.

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Likewise...I read that even when Bush was taking the Oath of Office (something that has no meaning for him obviously), instead of looking either appropriately solemn or smiling happily, he was smirking.

I have no desire to hear his voice or see his face. What an embarrassment he is, and will continue to be.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:41 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Catherine wrote:
That sign has made some of the more "paranoid" among the Bush-watchers accuse Bush of being the Anti-Christ!

http://www.bushisantichrist.com/

Bush isn't anything, in my opinion, except psychotic, dangerous, and a raving, moronic, Jesus-freaked abortion that should have been.

One thing's for sure...he'll NEVER be my prez. :angry2:

Catherine, I just wandered into this forum for the first time in several weeks, accidentally clicked on this thread and read your comment "a raving, moronic, Jesus-freaked abortion that should have been" & just cracked up because I have made much the same comments about that jackass.

No way on earth was that moron ever elected to any office honestly and that includes the governorship of Texas. It most certainly means the two S-elections that have allowed that squatter to take over this country.

He will never be my president either. As a sign of protest I have written his name as george bu$h, small letters to signify what a small person he really is and the $ sign for obvious reasons. It's the only thing that turkey understands.

Additionally he is a creep. I almost feel sorry for the Stepford wife if she still shares a bedroom with him & has to wake up and look at 'that cretin every morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:25 am 

Oh, Laura is just happy to be rich.

Yes, this is NOT our president. This is the dictator who was never elected. He is referred to by me as bush (I like the $ in your version), never President nor even Mr. Just bush or sometimes Bush Inc.

I think his salute is one to himself, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:41 am 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

dori wrote:
Oh, Laura is just happy to be rich.

Yes, this is NOT our president. This is the dictator who was never elected. He is referred to by me as bush (I like the $ in your version), never President nor even Mr. Just bush or sometimes Bush Inc.

I think his salute is one to himself, eh?

Some people think I'm nuts but when I quote an article that uses the word president I remove it and leave just bu$h. In one forum that has several repugnants (republicans) I refer to bu$h & his sorry cabinet as bu$h & thugs, Inc. Actually the thugs inc. includes anyone who supports that loser.

Speaking of Laura.... do you believe that is a $700 hair cut (for the coronation) or is it a $700 wig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right after 9/11, I vowed to never write the name of bin laden with capital letters because I did not think he deserved the smallest bit of standard respect.

Now, I think I am going to recognize bush in the same way..no capital letters to indicate that he's other than an anonymous plant...after all, there's always dirt under any bush.

Laura Bush will hopefully go down in history as being the dullest and least active First Lady ever....spineless and completely worthless, except I will capitalize her name because she likes dogs.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:07 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Regarding 9-11, I have believed from day one that this was an inside job. I have seen nothing to change my mind on that matter. If bin Laden had anything to do with it, he was hired by bu$h & thugs. inc.

Have you ever heard of Operation Northwoods? If not, do a Google and read about that. If the Joint Chiefs of Staff could conspire to do an attack on American people to justify invading Cuba, have no doubt that the crooked PNAC group & george bu$h would do likewise or worse.

I think the web site, Emperor's Clothes has the actual documents about Operation Northwoods posted on their web site. It reads almost like a blueprint for "Operation 9-11"!

Too many similarities.... too many unanswered questions that should be easily answered like the interceptor planes that should have been air borne within ten minutes of being notified of a plane being off course.

We have been taken over by a gang of thugs and don't expect them to release power in 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:03 pm 

Absolutely!

It is incredible that it was known that four planes had been hijacked and nothing was done. NOTHING!

And the powers that be had been warned we were going to be attacked and that planes might be used.

Are they the stupid ones, or are we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:40 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

No dori, it's not us that are stupid. The truly stupid ones are those that actually voted for him.

We tried to warn them, butt they had their heads shoved so far up their asses, that they couldn't hear us...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:56 am 

I have to agree, Stripey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:12 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Man, where do you guys come up with this stuff? Talk about hate!

Stripey, call me dumb, stupid or any other name in the book. GWB won because Kerry and Gore didn't know what side of the fence to be on with any issue. Whether right or wrong, Bush won because he was firm on all his positions.

And btw, how in the hell did Kerry lose this election with 80% of the press up his arse. Even CBS can't get it right by putting out a story (right before the election of course) that is fake.

And now you have Dean as your DNC chairman. It just keeps on getting better and we aren't even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:47 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Willie Mcgee wrote:
Man, where do you guys come up with this stuff? Talk about hate!

Stripey, call me dumb, stupid or any other name in the book. GWB won because Kerry and Gore didn't know what side of the fence to be on with any issue. Whether right or wrong, Bush won because he was firm on all his positions.

And btw, how in the hell did Kerry lose this election with 80% of the press up his arse. Even CBS can't get it right by putting out a story (right before the election of course) that is fake.

And now you have Dean as your DNC chairman. It just keeps on getting better and we aren't even trying.

Ah but you are trying very hard........... trying to make this a single party country, in other words a dictatorship. Are you sure that you are going to be so hunky dory with ole george when he finishes cleaning you out.

Tell me how several counties in Ohio and in Florida managed to register more votes for bu$h than there were voters. In one Ohio county alone that figure amounted to over 93,000 more votes than registered voters in ONE county. You call that honest? This happened all over the country and we haven't even talked about the dirty tricks used by repugs to keep Blacks from voting.

And while we are on the subject of voting, why are the republican owners of these shyster machines so determined to not have a paper trail? It wouldn't be that they expect the American people to believe that the crooked, corrupt, lying, thieving republicans are honest on this one endeavor would it?

Would you deposit your money in a bank without a receipt? I doubt it.
These machines were made with fraud in mind and we got fraud on a massive scale in Nov.

There is no way on earth that exit polls are correct world wide and always have been until king george & his thieves came along.

The fact of the matter is that george bu$h has never won an honest election or even an almost honest election. I hear from Texans that this scumbag used the same techniques in Texas to get himself installed there.

The radical right is tickled to death with this "ask no questions" puppet.

People like you will absolutely deserve what you get as a result of forcing this thing on the American people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:38 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

MagginKat wrote:

Ah but you are trying very hard........... trying to make this a single party country, in other words a dictatorship. Are you sure that you are going to be so hunky dory with ole george when he finishes cleaning you out.

Tell me how several counties in Ohio and in Florida managed to register more votes for bu$h than there were voters. In one Ohio county alone that figure amounted to over 93,000 more votes than registered voters in ONE county. You call that honest? This happened all over the country and we haven't even talked about the dirty tricks used by repugs to keep Blacks from voting.

And while we are on the subject of voting, why are the republican owners of these shyster machines so determined to not have a paper trail? It wouldn't be that they expect the American people to believe that the crooked, corrupt, lying, thieving republicans are honest on this one endeavor would it?

Would you deposit your money in a bank without a receipt? I doubt it.
These machines were made with fraud in mind and we got fraud on a massive scale in Nov.

There is no way on earth that exit polls are correct world wide and always have been until king george & his thieves came along.

The fact of the matter is that george bu$h has never won an honest election or even an almost honest election. I hear from Texans that this scumbag used the same techniques in Texas to get himself installed there.

The radical right is tickled to death with this "ask no questions" puppet.

People like you will absolutely deserve what you get as a result of forcing this thing on the American people.

Amazing, if Liberals don't win, then there had to be some type of fraud going down. Of course I'm sure the Liberal side is squeaky clean and would never do anything to corrupt an election. Oh, such as registering dead people, or having NAALCP workers give drugs to the homeless so they will vote for the Dems or best yet, slash the tires of a van carrying people to the voting stations. Nah, Liberals are saints when it comes to this.

As for the voting machines, I agree with you. The only reason we are using these damn machines is because of Dems in So Flo being too dumb to punch a freaking hole or claiming confusion of how a ballot reads that was designed by a Liberal county official. I wish we could use the paper ballots too...thanks Democrats!

The real FACT of the matter is that GWB has won 2 elections. I have proof of this because he sits a big white house loacted in DC. All you have are opinionated maybes and false claims of robbery.

"I hear from Texans that this scumbag used the same techniques in Texas to get himself installed there."

Oh you hear! Are these techniques taught in school? Amazing!!!