It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cheney Could Be President? Heaven Forbid!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:21 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When comparing Cheney to John Edwards, Bush said, "Dick Cheney could be president." (Reported this morning at www.cnn.com) :lol:

And here I was...thinking Dicky Boy was already the President!

Surprise, surprise...incidentally, please read the excellent essay about the media's coverage of the GOP's attacks on John Edwards, written by someone at TVNEWSLIES, entitled "What if Kerry Chose Jesus?"

http://tvnewslies.org/html/what_if_kerr ... esus_.html

Catherine

Post subject: Gravitas? whatever!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:10 am 
Involved
Involved

:arrow: Mr Bush says that Dick Cheney has gravitas, and also can be president. I think Cheney may already be president anyway, considering he's the one giving orders at the White House. I think gravitas is a french word. Maybe G W Bush shouldn't be using it for a description, since they love to bash and make fun of the French for not supporting their stupid unnecessary war against Iraq. The French were right not to support the war, and the Bush administration and their moronic supporters don't like for anyone to stand-up to them. John Kerry did what was in the best interest of our country when he voted against the $87 Billion to fund the war in Iraq (what a waste of tax money), i also think John Edwards has the right amount of experience to be president, if in the unfortunate event that should be necessary. Bush and Cheney need to quit making excuses for their lies and avoiding the serious issues in this election. Even people in the Republican party have been expressing a desire for Bush to drop Cheney, personally i hope he don't drop him and it causes him to lose re-election. Good riddance to you in November, Mr Bush and Mr Cheney! :P :D
Quote:
Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgement.

Post subject: Gravitas...sounds like a BAD WORD to me...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hey, Mopeder2004...WELCOME! (I'm not the official greeter... :lol: just glad to see you here.)
Agreed! France was smart to stay out of Iraq and so were the other nations that didn't fall for Bush's flawed rhetoric...I wager Tony Blair wishes he hadn't! :P

When it comes to GWB trying to speak anything French or most English, you can bet your boots it'll be mispronounced! This President can hardly speak his own native tongue! I happened to be watching the noon news on CNN yesterday, as usual Bush showed up, and he was trying to say the word "exercise." He stumbled around and finally got out "exertise." He's embarrassing and I can't wait for him and all of his cronies to go back to Crawford, TX or wherever they came from.

America is in a fight for its very survival, and I say that with the utmost seriousness. It has nothing to do with terrorists...the biggest threat to us and to our nation and to nations around the world is GWB.

Maybe Cheney has a disease known as gravitas! By the way, do you have a link to a source showing Bush's saying this about Cheney having gravitas? I want to know what that is. None of my dictionaries give it.

I agree with you, mopeder...Cheney has to stay on the Republican ticket...and for once, I'm glad Bush is GLUE when it comes to things that need changing. If he drops Cheney, it just might be positive for him, especially if he persuaded John McCain, (who I think hates Bush but is loyal to the party) to join him.

I find it most puzzling how people with good intelligence and common sense still think Bush has done a good job...is it the religious factor that's put the blinders on them? IMHO, it is just that..Bush claims God talks to him!

If Clinton had said that, he'd been laughed out of the White House and then declared insane.

Catherine

Post subject: No gravitas for Cheney
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:35 am 
Involved
Involved

:arrow: I have learned since my previous post that gravitas is a Latin word. It really don't make any difference whether it's French or Latin, it's practically the same thing. I wonder if G W Bush first learned of this word when he was visiting the Pope a few months ago, while trying unsuccessfully to get an endorsement. :lol: :D
Quote:
When Fascism comes to the United States it will come wrapped in the American flag ~ Huey Long

Post subject: PLEASE...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

tell me what gravitas means in English! :wink:

Catherine :?

Post subject: Re: Cheney Could Be President? Heaven Forbid!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:05 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Catherine wrote:
When comparing Cheney to John Edwards, Bush said, "Dick Cheney could be president." (Reported this morning at www.cnn.com) :lol:

And here I was...thinking Dicky Boy was already the President!

Surprise, surprise...incidentally, please read the excellent essay about the media's coverage of the GOP's attacks on John Edwards, written by someone at TVNEWSLIES, entitled "What if Kerry Chose Jesus?"

http://tvnewslies.org/html/what_if_kerr ... esus_.html

Catherine

Dick Cheney is President .. Bush just talks for him ... When he can do that right.

Post subject: Sir-Irate...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
When comparing Cheney to John Edwards, Bush said, "Dick Cheney could be president."

This was a statement made from the oval office on July 7, 2004 to a question (I couldn't hear the actual question) from a reporter about John Edwards being chosen as Kerry's running mate.

I wonder how many people actually realize how much truth was revealed in that one statement! And for Bush to tell the truth is a rarity, to be sure!

Bush's facial expression when he made the remark was very similar to the expression on the face of an over-indulged 9 year old brat who has just discovered that the poor neighbor down the street is riding a bike bigger than the one he has...envious, pouty...and worried!

Bush is so stupid and his tendency for impulse statements like this one must give his handlers fits! His expression and his body language that morning in the oval office were pure George Bush, revealed for the first time since the April News Conference That Will Live in Infamy...immature, moronic, stubborn, arrogant, and very, very determined to bully the nation into accepting the Bible and the Patriot Act as replacements for the Constitution.

Bush and Cheney will do just that if they are re-elected. They will take America back to Puritan times when efforts to create a first theocracy failed. Bush and Cheney will succeed because they are using fear tactics and religious strategies to accomplish their goal of suppression and the destruction of free speech. Once free speech is gone, propaganda takes over...just like in Nazi Germany and the old Soviet Union.

We have until November's election day to help stop it...after that, it will be too late.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman