It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:01 am 

Does the ITFT have any questions on it about the Cookie Monster? Certainly Spongebob Squarepants has to be there. And there is always 'Who is buried in Grant's tomb?'

How about, which cousin of George W Bush called the 2000 election for Bush while working in the Fox newsroom?

And which uncle of George W Bush is making a fortune from the Iraq War?

And how many people lost their homes when George W Bush took their property to build his baseball stadium?

How many of them were black?

How many black children will live a deprived life so George W Bush and his cronies can continue to be obscenely wealthy and wield a hammer over all the people of our country, white, black, red, and yellow.

This is black history month. What is George W Bush doing to improve in any way the lives of the black people of our country?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why, that good man GWB and his worthy assistant, Karl Rove, are giving the black children of America a chance to fight his crusade in Iraq, dori.

He promises to make the fascist "pie higher" for these forunate young people. :wink:

http://www.new-enlightenment.com/sss1.htm

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:50 am 

And he is cooking their bodies with DU. He might as well put them into a microwave oven--that is what is happening to them.

And that is what the Bush administration calls 'advancement' for blacks!

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Brian Morton: 'Black (un)like me'
Thursday, February 24 @ 09:50:46 EST
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Brian Morton, Baltimore City Paper

Stop it, you're killing me. No, I mean, really--if Republicans got any funnier than this, they could run the country during the day and own the comedy clubs at night. (Belay that. They probably do own the comedy clubs.)

You might have blinked and missed this one, but now black people have to check with Republicans to find out if something is a racist remark or not. It's probably even better if we check with black Republicans, as soon as we find out in which phone booth they're meeting.

You see, Howard Dean, the new chairman of the Democratic National Committee, was meeting with a roomful of members of the Congressional Black Caucus on Feb. 11. During that meeting, he said, "You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here."

The line was good enough to crack up the roomful of black lawmakers, who reportedly gave Dean a standing ovation at the end of his talk. But Maryland's own lieutenant governor, Michael Steele, got into the act and issued a statement (along with former Republican congressman J.C. Watts of Oklahoma), calling for Dean to apologize, saying, "Dean equates African-Americans who support Republicans to 'hired help.'"

This made me laugh so hard I almost dropped my mop.

After that, Ken Mehlman, hometown-boy-wonder-made-good and chairman of the Republican National Committee, went on conservative talk show host Sean Hannity's radio show on Feb. 15 and said the remark was "pretty offensive." I've got it now: If I were in that room, and Dean made that remark, I now know that, before I laugh or get upset, I have check with the lily-white head of the party whose presidential candidate drew a percentage of the black vote that I can count with both hands and one shoe removed.

Does anybody really think this reverse Mau-Mauing of Howard Dean is serious? If a roomful of elected black Democrats thought what Howard Dean said was offensive, he never would have made it out of that room whole.

It gets better: the Steele/Watts release says, "Democrats wonder why they are losing electoral ground among African-Americans and other minorities." Well, no, we're not wondering. We'd probably be doing a whole lot better electorally if we weren't waiting for hours in line at polling places in Ohio or getting purged from voting rolls in Florida. But we sure know we wouldn't be rushing to join a party whose previous Senate majority leader, Trent Lott, said in earnest that the United States would have been a better place if Strom Thurmond was elected president in 1948.

Not all Republicans show such a profound lack of clue as Steele and Watts, however. Ramesh Ponnuru, a senior editor at National Review, said on the conservative magazine's blog that Dean had a point.

"Give me a break," Ponnuru said. "Dean is saying, hyperbolically, that there aren't many blacks or other nonwhites in the Republican party. He's right. I've been to many, many Republican dinners where most nonwhites present have been serving the food. (Or giving the keynote.) If Republicans are bothered when people make that observation, they should try to make it less true."

Every year some Republican tries to convince the large majority of black voters that the GOP really cares for their concerns, except every year some other Republican politician undermines the first one by pushing policies that either covertly or overtly remove, restrict, or hamper black people's chances to vote, work, or stay healthy. If it's not George W. Bush mischaracterizing Social Security or demonstrating his unfamiliarity with the Voting Rights Act (it comes up for renewal before the end of his term, by the way), then it's the GOP trying to recast itself as "the party of civil rights."

I'm not kidding you, either: The Republicans have produced a "2005 Republican Freedom Calendar" that showcases great moments in Republican civil-rights history--mostly from the 19th century. A letter from California GOP Congressman Christopher Cox in the calendar says, "We started our party with the express intent of protecting the American people from the Democrats' pro-slavery policies that expressly made people inferior to the state." The whole idea that black people might remember that the ideological heirs of those 19th-century Democrats fled the party in the mid-20th century due to integration seems alien to them. Or the fact that it took modern Democrats like Lyndon Johnson to pass that Voting Rights Act seems a foreign concept as well.

So maybe the next time Lt. Gov. Steele gives a big speech to a roomful of Republicans, he ought to take a good look around at how many people of color are listening to him. Here's a hint: Don't count the ones carrying dishes.

Reprinted from The Baltimore City Paper:
http://www.citypaper.com/columns/story.asp?id=9659

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:05 am 
Dori, Dori

Years of repeated lies, scandals, illegal and possibly treasonous acts, and disgustingly perverse behavior have caught up with Bill Clinton. The United States House of Representatives took the necessary bold condemnation of this sorry excuse for a president by impeaching him for perjury and obstruction of justice. Clinton is only the second president to ever have been impeached. Not only was he a bad president he was an embarrassment to our country. How many gates were there?

Whitewater
Cattlegate
Nannygate
Helicoptergate
Travelgate
Gennifer Flowersgate
Filegate
Vince Fostergate
I wonder where those Whitewater billing records came fromgate
Paula Jonesgate
Federal Building campaign phone callgate
Lincoln bedroomgate
White House coffeegate
Donations from convicted drug and weapons dealersgate
Buddhist Templegate
Web Hubbell hush moneygate
Lippogate
Chinese commiegate - Clinton was practically endorsed by red China Update!
Let's blame Kenneth Starrgate
Zippergate/interngate - the Lewinsky affair itself
Perjury and jobs for Lewinskygate - the aftermath
Willeygate
Web Hubbell prison phone callgate
Selling Military Technology to the Chinese Commiesgate
Coverup for our Russian Comrades as Wellgate
Wag-the-Dog-gate
Jaunita Broaddrick gate
PBS-gate
Email-gate
Vandalgate
Lootergate and Pardongate
This monkey is lucky he is not doing time in the big house!
It was the 104th congress led by the republicans that balanced the budget and created jobs during most of the Clinton years. Clinton only tried to take credit for it.

The social security money has not been in a "lock box"since the 1960's. The SSA collects the money and turns it over to the treasury who gives them an IOU and it is spent almost immediately. If you die the gov. keeps all your money that you put in. If the government has control of your money they will steal it and spend it. If I have control of my own money they can't spend it, only I can. when I die (and I'm sure you want that to be soon) It will go to my heirs. Alan Greenspan, our chief economist, thinks the plan is a good one if we go slow and are cautious. The difference between you and me is that you think the gov. should have a role in your retirement and I want them to get out of my business and leave me alone.I am capable of securing my own future. The only time I hear from the Gov. is when they are demanding a check from me.We had roads, libraries, and infrastructure when the tax rate was 3% now that my rate is 40+ % they still want more!!!

Are you trying to tell me that our vets that came home from Vietnam were not spit on and called baby killers by you on the left........Please!! People on the right don't crap on our soldiers and Marines and we never will.........War protesting peacemonkey!!!!!!

Catharine,
You may think I'm ignorant but at least I'm not ignorant enough to fall for what the dems, DNC and the stupid unions are shoveling...... like you!!.
When did you think that I gave a rats behind about your opinion?