All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: John Kerry's Speech Before NAACP Today
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Read the full text of Kerry's excellent speech at:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&c ... ion129_xml

Catherine

PS: I hope, hope, hope Bush's refusal to speak at the NAACP Convention will cost him tons of black votes in November.

Post subject: Bushies and Black Voters
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:21 pm 

Hi,Catherine,read the url you provided.Thanks.Bush lose tons of black voters by noy appearing before NAACP? I thought he did that during last "elections." (we all know how they did that!)
But point well taken,hope people will remember!
carly101

Post subject: point taken!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Carly,

Oh, yes, I think we all remember some of the stories that came out of Florida from black voters, such as the traffic stops, the demands for documents of one form or another, and the polls closed by the time some of them got through the traffic stops.

I've been voting for many years and I'm never asked for any kind of documentation when I reach the voting booth. One worker will ask me my name, then she'll look for my name on the register, put a check beside it, and tell me to move on and wait for the next empty electronic voting booth. Easy as pie, and I often see people I haven't seen since the last election. Of course, I'm in a relatively small area but still, rules are rules. I guess Florida has rules my state doesn't have, at least in my part of it.

I hope the black voters remember all of this, too, and make sure they have whatever documentation they're supposed to have in Florida, or get there early.

Wouldn't it be cool if Election Day was held on a Saturday, or maybe staggered, with one day for the Eastern part of the country, one day for the Central part, and one day for the Western part, rather like the primaries are held, with all results being protected by federal agents (which one???) at a secure location until all polls closed on the third day?

In a perfect world! 8)

Catherine

Post subject: SHRub snubs NAACP
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:15 am 

Hi there,yeah,it would be wonderful to have real elections instead of selections.Wonder if all the` reaction to Shrub&co.plans to blindside the "elections" will be resoundingly negative,that they will not be given any oppurtunity to cause more death and desruction.
Hope it will be plain as day,that they're tactics are transparent and futile!
If they try to keep us from holding free elections,I sincerely hope the american people will finally get fed up enough to wake up and impose our rights to hold free elections on the day we are to hold them,come hell or high water!
However,people best start making that real clear now!

carly101