It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lotsa Splainin' 2 Do
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lotsa Splainin' 2 DO!

We are sixteen days away from knowing for sure, and I know the uncertainty is troublesome. This week, pollster.com had new polls in a remarkable 35 states, and there were three major changes. The much polled battleground state of Ohio went from leaning Obama to toss-up, and in the Confidence of Victory system it's very hard to be a toss-up. A couple of states that had one poll each switched sides, with McCain regaining West Virginia and Obama picking up North Dakota. Both changes were very dramatic, and they both could be outliers. Here's where the numbers stand as of October 19.

After you've read the full commentary, scroll down to the Sam Cooke's posthumous song "A CHANGE IS GONNA COME'

You just might feel a bit teary-eyed, like I did! :mrgreen:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Lotsa Splainin' 2 Do
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

SARAH WANTED TO GIVE HER OWN CONCESSION SPEECH!

Quote:
Sorry, honey, this is how it works.

When it's over and your team lost, it is the uncomfortable duty of the guy at the top of the ticket to man up, repress the myriad miserable feelings he has and give the gracious speech. (Sorry if anyone is offended by the use of the male pronoun here, but in American history so far, it's completely historically accurate.) McCain did that. He congratulated the winner, he noted the historical nature of the campaign, the thanked his supporters and he even went the extra mile, saying that any mistakes in the campaign belonged to him. People from all over the political spectrum have given him his props for what he did Tuesday night.

How could Sarah think that she deserved this one last moment in the spotlight?

One word: Narcissism.

Again, let me repeat. Damnit, Jim, I'm a mathematician, not a clinical psychologist, but I've found that in many of the cases of odd behavior displayed by Sarah Palin, either in public or whispered rumors from backstage, if you ask "Why would she do that?", one answer works a lot.

"Because it's all about her."

Why would she go nuts shopping? Why does she think the U.S.-Russia relationship revolves around Alaska? Why did she want to give a concession speech? Why doesn't she know any geography? Why were there Palin rallies late in the campaign where the signs didn't include McCain's name?

See answer above.

From the Lotsa Splainin' 2 Do blog! :bounce:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 am 

Of course, the one glaring exception was when fellow Skull & Bones brother (to the War Chimp), John Kerry, sent John Edwards out to concede in 2004. In this case, however, there was only one speech not two. I never heard about the Caribou Dummy sending Biden a congratulations telegram or phone call.

Edited after the fact: I forgot there are no longer any telegrams. The practice has gone the way of the whistle stop campaign and smoke signals.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Palin is a typical narcissist...it was all about HER. I blame John McCain for unleashing this monster and letting her run rampant. Now she's chewed through her leash. If McCain had had a spine, a brain, and if he'd been paying attention, she would never have been considered as his running mate.. Palin has tasted fame and fortune and she wants more....much more. In fact, she will probably become quite the glutton for attention.

It would be a good thing if the media would stop talking about her but that won't happen, either.

Wait until she's Senator Palin..... :roll:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:43 pm 

Catherine wrote:
Wait until she's Senator Palin..... :roll:

This might not be the foregone conclusion it was at one time. The number of uncounted votes in Alaska now appear to be very high, fraudulently so. As more votes are counted, Stevens appears to have a good chance of actually losing this election. If he does, that Senate seat is for a full six-year term. The Caribou ideologue could always become a weather girl again.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote