Post subject: The Single Sentence
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Single Sentence in the President’s Tax Compromise Presser that Reveals All

By: janeeyresick Tuesday December 7, 2010 3:06 pm

http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2010/12/ ... ec-7-2010/

Quote:
So I pass a signature piece of legislation where we finally get health care for all Americans, something that Democrats had been fighting for for a hundred years, but because there was a provision in there that they didn’t get that would have affected maybe a couple of million people, even though we got health insurance for 30 million people and the potential for lower premiums for 100 million people, that somehow that was a sign of weakness and compromise.

HE passed it, not “we” or “Democrats and Democrats only”

Consider the hubris in that statement. But I am willing to take it at face value. He passed it, and we got the bill with the parameters that HE wanted and that HE and his White House negotiated. Those parameters included trading away the public option early on, even though he pretended to continue to publicly support its inclusion long past the time he personally knew it was an impossibility. Quite honestly, if I were President Obama, the very last thing I would be reminding people and carping about is the failure of the public option.

He then further denigrates it as only affecting “maybe a couple of million people”(!) Really? Then why did you make it a centerpiece of your reform and say you not “not sign a bill” that didn’t include it. Wasn’t it supposed to be the one thing that would keep private providers honest and provide real competition in the marketplace? You know that marketplace where health care providers STILL enjoy their anti-trust exemption? Wouldn’t that have benefited EVERY single person looking for coverage?

:bounce:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: The Single Sentence
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
The Single Sentence in the President’s Tax Compromise Presser that Reveals All

By: janeeyresick Tuesday December 7, 2010 3:06 pm

http://www.clipsandcomment.com/2010/12/ ... ec-7-2010/

Quote:
So I pass a signature piece of legislation where we finally get health care for all Americans, something that Democrats had been fighting for for a hundred years, but because there was a provision in there that they didn’t get that would have affected maybe a couple of million people, even though we got health insurance for 30 million people and the potential for lower premiums for 100 million people, that somehow that was a sign of weakness and compromise.

HE passed it, not “we” or “Democrats and Democrats only”

Consider the hubris in that statement. But I am willing to take it at face value. He passed it, and we got the bill with the parameters that HE wanted and that HE and his White House negotiated. Those parameters included trading away the public option early on, even though he pretended to continue to publicly support its inclusion long past the time he personally knew it was an impossibility. Quite honestly, if I were President Obama, the very last thing I would be reminding people and carping about is the failure of the public option.

He then further denigrates it as only affecting “maybe a couple of million people”(!) Really? Then why did you make it a centerpiece of your reform and say you not “not sign a bill” that didn’t include it. Wasn’t it supposed to be the one thing that would keep private providers honest and provide real competition in the marketplace? You know that marketplace where health care providers STILL enjoy their anti-trust exemption? Wouldn’t that have benefited EVERY single person looking for coverage?

:bounce:

From your clips and comments post (Barrack O'bama)

***QUOTE***

I’ve got an option of just holding fast to my position and, as a consequence, 2 million people may not be able to pay their bills and tens of millions of people who are struggling right now are suddenly going to see their paychecks smaller.

***UNQUOTE**

So, in conclusion Barrack, a "consequence," suppose to mean a compromise? (or vise versa?)

***QUOTE***

I’ve got an option of just holding fast to my position

***UNQUOTE***

Since when, at ANY time, is the word "my position," suppose to cleanly integrate, with the word "option?"

Christ, I need a drink. Shit, that's right, I quit 26 years ago!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

(BOO-HOO!!)

I'm quickly earning my "P.H.D." in "current presidental bullshit."

(P)rimary :bounce: :D :bounce:
(H)im :bounce: :D :bounce:
(D)iligently :bounce: :D :bounce: