It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How Low Can Romney Sink? He’s Still Working On It
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

ANOTHER GOOD BLOGGER FROM THE SMIRKING CHIMP!

How Low Can Romney Sink? He’s Still Working On It

By RodgzK |

Yesterday, I wrote a post for my blog critical of Mitt Romney for using God to pander to a campaign crowd. Looking back at that post I realized that I had failed to include the most salient point, Romney lied. It doesn’t matter whether you lie by inference or by declaration, it’s still a lie. Yesterday, Romney inferred that President Obama had taken the pro forma reference to God out of the Democratic party platform. The truth is that when President Obama realized that the platform committee had overlooked the reference, he insisted that it be included. That was well reported at the time. The important thing to take away from this isn’t that Romney used God to pander, it’s that he involved God in what he knew to be a lie. I’m not certain to which God Romney, was referring, the traditional Christian God or Elohim, the Mormon God but either way, Romney should be thankful that they are both are at least somewhat tolerant and didn’t strike him down with a bolt of lightening for invoking his (their) name(s) in his lie.

I don’t know who is managing Romney’s campaign or who is on his staff but I suspect that they wear large, fake red noses and elongated shoes and when they travel, nine or ten of then of them stuff themselves into a brightly painted Volkswagon. As for Romney himself, he is an absurd posturing dilettante. He appears human but he is really a hologram; you think there is something there but there really isn’t. Some have likened him to a robot but that does a disservice to robots. They serve a purpose. Romney doesn’t, except as a preposterous windbag with no firmly held beliefs, no immutable values, no true virtues. The Romney you get at any one time is a reflection of the crowd he is addressing. He’s much more a chameleon that a robot.

Romney can be criticized for many thing on many levels. He is a liar and has chosen an even worse liar as his running mate. He has no true core beliefs and he prizes money over all else but he should be castigated most for the deceitful, cynical campaign he has chosen to run. His campaign is an insult to all Americans. It shows he believes the average citizen isn’t very smart, is naïve and gullible and cares little for anything but himself. Romney and his staff believe that they can win the highest office in the land, the office requiring great intelligence, outstanding and unfailing judgment and an unwavering sense of right and wrong, by giving not a hint of what policies they would follow if Romney should be elected, pandering to the crowd of the moment, repeating a list of lying points and painting President Obama as being a foreign Muslim who hates God. Romney’s approach is transparent, contemptuous. It is scornful and mocking of the average American. If the public had a lick of sense they would pelt him with rotten tomatoes and drive him into hiding in one of his personal car elevators every time he dared venture into public.

I started this article with the question a question. How low can Romney sink in his drive to be president? Last evening we got a further picture of how low that might be and the how dissolute Romney is willing to become to get elected. He tried to make political points out of a national tragedy. Romney responded to violence against American officials in Libya and Egypt by accusing the Obama administration of apologizing for and sympathizing with the attackers. Romney puffed up his chest and opined,

Quote:
“I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”

Well, I’m outraged that Romney’s first statement contained no mention of the embassy staff who died, no tribute to their bravery for serving in a volatile region and no condolences for their families. Romney only saw this profanation, this affront to humanity as an opportunity to score political points and in doing so he committed an affront equal to the rioters.

How dishonorable and unscrupulous is the Romney campaign? Even though a clear picture of the events in Cairo and Benghazi had not yet emerged, they chose to disregard Romney’s self-imposed pledge not to engage in partisan mudslinging on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The Romney team was so eager to connect Obama to the unrest that, it urged reporters to ignore its initial midnight embargo and print the criticism on Tuesday night.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman