(A) a Circus Minimalist began in the Senate that night,
`
(B) a Circus Maximalist was declared by Bu$h in broad day-
light.
`
(A) = 0
`
(B) is aimed potentially at every citizen who dares oppose
The Superpower's invasion and occupation of Iraq.
`
A little after noon, the Black House snowjob got underway.
`
Bu$h's press secretary began with a free-for-all of words:
`
"Today the President signed an executive order to block the
property of persons who threaten stabilization efforts in
Iraq, either through financial, material, logistical or
technical support that undermine economic reconstruction,
political reform, or humanitarian assistance.
`
"The executive order targets terrorists and insurgent groups,
including those assisted by Syria and Iran, that are not
covered by existing authorities.
`
"In other words, what we have is something that fills a gap
left in other executive orders to make sure that we have the
means to go financially after anybody who is trying to go
after the efforts to secure freedom and democracy in Iraq."
`
Bu$h's catch-all kit can easily be made to include:
`
(a) not only the various players in Iraq
`
(b) but also the antiwar citizens in The Superpower.
`
The better to conceal (b), (a) is stressed:
`
"Q[uestion] Specifically who, Tony? Who is this aimed at?
`
"MR. SNOW: Well, what this is really [!] aimed at is in-
surgents and those who come across the border [of Iraq]."
`
`
Moving on...
`
What may "block the property" mean for citizens who oppose
the war?
`
Practically, it means The Superpower seizes their every penny!
`
That'll teach 'em not to get in Wall Street's way.
`
`
The Constitution died when America died on August 6, 1945
while giving birth to
`
THE SUPERPOWER and its Declaration of World $lavery.
`
It took a while for what was really aimed at to become fully
apparent.
`
`
`
</b>
`
The Snowjob:
`
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases ... 717-9.html
`
And AP:
`
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_ ... printer=1;
`
</pre>
</body>
</html>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:19 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I agree that America died in 1945.

I think it was 1913 when the real illness began.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:36 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Here is Bush's new executive order proclaiming his ability to seize the property of any US citizen at his whim without prior notice of such action.

Link: Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq

Excerpts (with comments):

...all property and interests in property of the following persons, that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons, are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported,

withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense,
(the possessions of anyone Bush, Condi, or Gates designate will be seized)

(B) undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people;
(critics of the Iraq War)

(b) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, (i) the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order, and (ii) the

receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person.
(anyone who assissts a war critic in any way)

(b) Any conspiracy formed to violate any of the prohibitions set forth in this order is prohibited.
(war protesters)

a) the term "person" means an individual or entity;
(this means you)

(b) the term "entity" means a partnership, association, trust, joint venture, corporation, group, subgroup, or other organization; and
(this means your business or organization)

(c) the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.
(to clarify, THIS MEANS YOU!)

Sec. 5. For those persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order who might have a constitutional presence in the United States, I find that, because of the ability to transfer funds or other assets

instantaneously, prior notice to such persons of measures to be taken pursuant to this order would render these measures ineffectual. I therefore determine that for these measures to be effective in addressing the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 and expanded in Executive Order 13315, there need be no prior notice of a listing or determination made pursuant to section 1(a) of this order.
(the government will seize your property without notice)

Sec. 6. The Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Defense, is hereby authorized to take such actions...
(Henry Paulson, Condoleeza Rice, and Robert Gates are authorized to confiscate YOUR property)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:10 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I'm not sure if any of you have read this yet, but you may find this possibility interesting.

http://www.rense.com/general77/clamp.htm

Quote:
It states that because of "growing popular unrest in the United States, caused by the prolonged war in Iraq .coupled with obvious Congressional inaction," the U.S. military has drawn up plans for combating domestic U.S. civil insurrections. This is not a theoretical study but a very specific one. Units to be used domestically are listed in detail as are detention centers, etc.

As a result of this, plans are now in train to segregate, retrain and reequip certain anti-insurgent U.S. military units now serving in Iraq and to prepare them for quick transfer back to the United States for use "as needed" The Pentagon command believes that such civil insurrections are not only a possibility but a very real probability in the event that the President and his advisors maintain their present course vis a vis the Iraqi war.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Well we are in a world war so I guess we'll find out that we're targets too and part of the problem as well. If the congress doesn't do something about this now, will this prove to those doubters that this is an agreed upon agenda that both sides are promoting- the invasion and occupation of the worlds resources that only America's privileged wish to keep- In perpetuity?

I'm beginning to suspect that we were the intended targets all along- that the only real threat to American hegemony is the American people. As long as we went along with their stories all was well. But they don't want a repeat of what happened in Vietnam- that public opinion can force policy.

This game is for keeps and it has taken us since 911 to figure it out. Pray that the troops will come to their senses and never again turn their guns on their own people, like Kent State. Knowing the government, they already have their Praetorian guard brainwashed and indoctrinated to be "at the pleasure of" their fearless leader.

It's officially WORLD WAR!!! I'll bet the Arab's are laughing at us now- now that the threat of bringing American style Democracy to our country as well is as real as they got. :shock: :o :evil:

We now know of whom Bush spoke when he warned us about "The Terrorists"- the domestic political ones.

We have met the enemy and they are them!! (With a picture of Bush Cheney Rice etc. on a T- shirt front, with a picture on the back of Guantanamo Bay, saying "Coming soon to a neighbourhood near you"!)

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Watch out around the time of the 2008 election...if not before. Bush and Cheney probably don't have any intentions of leaving office...quietly.

Have any of you contacted your Congress Critters about these kinds of Executive Orders? What the hell are our reps doing? Are they blind, deaf, and DUMB? I realize they're very busy people but why do they let things like this get by them without at least raising a protest? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

With Iraq Amendment Expected to Falter, Democrats Ponder Next Move

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:41 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I never thought I would see the day when Americans would gladly accept tyranny. But, that day is here. On another website, I have posted this executive order, and the executive order Bush signed in May, giving himself the authority to take over complete control of the federal government in an unnamed "emergency" to find if any right-wingers would at least speak out against these dictatorial powers.

They didn't. I wasn't surprised, but I am very disappointed.

I'm afraid that about 25-30% of Americans will actively support the end of our democratic experiment when Bush takes over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:21 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
Have any of you contacted your Congress Critters about these kinds of Executive Orders? What the hell are our reps doing? Are they blind, deaf, and DUMB? I realize they're very busy people but why do they let things like this get by them without at least raising a protest? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I have been trying to tell you.....the system is broken, corrupt, kaput.

Non salvagable.

Post subject: Re: Executive Order
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm 
CQB ain't about politics. Why are we? :|

Obviously the President doesn't take losing well. That is, the invisible lawyers behind the scenes who write the orders for him don't take losing well. Only a cell that was scared shitless out of their minds in the first place would write an order like that.

So, like CE said, the system is broken. Or, as Al Gore was quoted in Time a few issues ago, "the politicians are paralyzed." But I say, Are the good people of Iraq "paralyzed?" Was there ever a reversal of tyranny that didn't start from the bottom up? That didn't cost thousands of murdered lives?

The reality is when enough of us no longer fear our own death personally -- like the insurgents of Iraq -- that's when the United States might start to count for something politically. When enough of us love each other, as an unbreakable band of brothers and sisters, united forever in harm's way, that's when the United States might start to count for something in terms that matter -- human terms. In the meantime, those Executive Orders are just like any other sandcastle on the beach -- guaranteed to fail.

And with everyone who has already died in the global struggle for human rights, for human freedom -- including the founders of this country, and the slaves who built it -- why shouldn't everyone reading this message also expect to be butchered horribly for the same cause? I'm serious. Soldiers are dying everyday. Why should we be any safer on these shores vs. "over there?"

I'm not saying I have all the answers, but eliminating Bush won't necessarily make us better people. And until we become better people, the question of what sandcastle we live in will always be insignificant compared to the real question of who are we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
It states that because of "growing popular unrest in the United States, caused by the prolonged war in Iraq .coupled with obvious Congressional inaction," the U.S. military has drawn up plans for combating domestic U.S. civil insurrections. This is not a theoretical study but a very specific one. Units to be used domestically are listed in detail as are detention centers, etc.

As a result of this, plans are now in train to segregate, retrain and reequip certain anti-insurgent U.S. military units now serving in Iraq and to prepare them for quick transfer back to the United States for use "as needed" The Pentagon command believes that such civil insurrections are not only a possibility but a very real probability in the event that the President and his advisors maintain their present course vis a vis the Iraqi war.

U.S. Northern Command

U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) was established Oct. 1, 2002 to provide command and control of Department of Defense (DoD) homeland defense efforts and to coordinate defense support of civil authorities. USNORTHCOM defends America's homeland — protecting our people, national power, and freedom of action.

USNORTHCOM’s specific mission:

* Conduct operations to deter, prevent, and defeat threats and aggression aimed
at the United States, its territories and interests within the assigned area of responsibility (AOR); and
* As directed by the president or secretary of defense, provide defense support of civil authorities including consequence management operations.

USNORTHCOM’s AOR includes air, land and sea approaches and encompasses the continental United States, Alaska, Canada, Mexico and the surrounding water out to approximately 500 nautical miles. It also includes the Gulf of Mexico and the Straits of Florida. The defense of Hawaii and our territories and possessions in the Pacific is the responsibility of U.S. Pacific Command. The defense of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands is the responsibility of U.S. Southern Command. The commander of USNORTHCOM is responsible for theater security cooperation with Canada and Mexico.

USNORTHCOM consolidates under a single unified command existing missions that were previously executed by other DoD organizations. This provides unity of command, which is critical to mission accomplishment.

USNORTHCOM plans, organizes and executes homeland defense and civil support missions, but has few permanently assigned forces. The command is assigned forces whenever necessary to execute missions, as ordered by the president and secretary of defense..........

http://www.northcom.mil/About/index.html