It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: They knew, but did nothing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/they-knew-but-did-nothing/2008/03/07/1204780065676.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1]They knew, but did nothing
[/url]

In this exclusive extract from his new book, Philip Shenon uncovers how the White House tried to hide the truth of its ineptitude leading up to the September 11 terrorist attacks. .

In the American summer of 2001, the nation's news organisations, especially the television networks, were riveted by the story of one man. It wasn't George Bush. And it certainly wasn't Osama bin Laden.

It was the sordid tale of an otherwise obscure Democratic congressman from California, Gary Condit, who was implicated - falsely, it later appeared - in the disappearance of a 24-year-old government intern later found murdered. That summer, the names of the blow-dried congressman and the doe-eyed intern, Chandra Levy, were much better known to the American public than bin Laden's.

Even reporters in Washington who covered intelligence issues acknowledged they were largely ignorant that summer that the CIA and other parts of the Government were warning of an almost certain terrorist attack. Probably, but not necessarily, overseas.

The warnings were going straight to President Bush each morning in his briefings by the CIA director, George Tenet, and in the presidential daily briefings. It would later be revealed by the 9/11 commission into the September 11 attacks that more than 40 presidential briefings presented to Bush from January 2001 through to September 10, 2001, included references to bin Laden.

Read more at the link.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:28 am 

the questions/issues for me lean toward why did certain things happen that that come into direct conflict with the OFFICIAL story of what supposedly happened on 9/11

?s like how is it that a supposed airliner that hit the pentagon penetrate the most protected airspace on the face of the planet when it is clear that norad protocol automatically would have air force fighter cover over d.c. in the minutes immediately after the crashes into the twin towers. also ? as to why the in ground missle defense system failed to be activated in and around the d.c area and particulary the pentagon.

how did the soft nose section of an airliner penetrate the super reininforced outer walls of the pentagon?

where was the tail section and landing gear from from the fuselage. none were found.

how did supposed pilots who trained on single engine cessnas fly/maneuver airliners that have infinitely more complicated instrumentation so accurately into thier targets? i've read some interesting commentary over on a site called, "patriotsquestion9/11.com" which has statement after statement from ex military pilots along with active and retired commercial airline pilots who raise some interesting points that raise serious ?s .

these points/questions along with the memos mentioned by cath above are issues that need to be put out there into the eyes and ears of people we know as family and freinds.

as time passes the bushicons are hoping/betting that a largely ignorant populace will forget things thus enabling them to sweep thier lies and deception under the rug.

it's up to us to not let that happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:06 pm 

Rooster, I couldn't get the site you mentioned to come in. Could you repost the exact lettering?

It sounds very interesting.

On edit: I googled it. Apparently it is sometimes hard to get to the site. I did get this link...

http://patriotsquestion911.com/pilots.html

Thanks rooster for bringing this site to our attention.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:27 pm 

that's the correct site dori.

my carpool buddie that i work with told me about it from a billboard he saw along the turnpike. thought i'd check it out and am glad that i did.

thought you guys might find it interesting as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:49 pm 

It is. Very interesting. I would recommend reading it to anyone interested in this.

Billboard along the turnpike? You have better billboards than we do here. Ours advertise god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:27 am 

dori wrote:
You have better billboards than we do here. Ours advertise god.

Actually She doesn't need the advertising; the ads are probably for a poor substitute, some church/preacher trying to ride God's coattails.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:19 pm 

A Proud Liberal wrote:
dori wrote:
You have better billboards than we do here. Ours advertise god.

Actually She doesn't need the advertising; the ads are probably for a poor substitute, some church/preacher trying to ride God's coattails.

No doubt you are right on that, APL!