It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 9/11 Survivors: Truth or Fiction?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:23 pm 
Madison, Wisconsin: Dissing Barrett Behind His Back
Submitted by Reprehensor on Tue, 03/20/2007 - 6:59am.

http://www.911blogger.com/node/7055

Quote:
How brave. UW Campus Republicans have invited a 9/11 survivor, Earl Johnson to Madison to attack Barrett... while Barrett is doing speaking engagements in Montana;

From the U.W. Campus Republicans:

Subject: Earl Johnson, 9/11 Survivor, Speaks out Against Kevin Barrett's "Conspiracy Theory"

You're invited:

Earl Johnson, a 9/11 Twin Tower survivor, is coming to our campus to speak about his experience of escaping from the Towers, and also to debunk the "conspiracy theorists" of September 11; namely, Kevin Barrett.

Earl Johnson was an average American, working in his office halfway up the North Tower of the Twin Towers, when disaster struck. Come hear his amazing story of how he survived the terrorist attack of September 11, and why we must NEVER forget what happened that day.

*Tuesday, March 20th*
*7:00-8:00 pm*
*2080 Grainger Hall*

Barrett makes a request;

Please attend this event (tonight). Politely but firmly inform Earl Johnson that world-famous 9/11 hero William Rodriguez, who physically saved more than ten peoples lives, including the lives of those injured by the massive sub-basement explosion before the plane hit, and who opened locked doors to save hundreds more lives, is the 9/11 Survivor we want to bring to Madison... (Please be sure to ask
Earl Johnson whether he accepted the Bush Administration's survivor-hush-money, and exactly how much. Then tell him that real 9/11survivor and family member heroes, like William Rodriguez and Ellen Mariani, turned down millions so they could keep telling the truth.)

If possible, bring your video cameras and film each other politely asking Earl the hard questions. Then post the videos to 911blogger.

Thanks for your support, folks. I look forward to hearing how it went after I return to Wisconsin late Tuesday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GR...do you have some information as to how this event turned out?

I'm not saying that Earl Johnson doesn't have the right to speak on his experiences, but it seems to me that his viewpoint would be about as reliable as most "eyewitness" accounts are when it comes to presenting evidence in a court of law. When something like 9/11 occurs, the excitement, fear, panic, and the survival instinct would make me a hell of a lot less observant than I might otherwise be.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:47 pm 
Catherine wrote:
GR...do you have some information as to how this event turned out?

I'm not saying that Earl Johnson doesn't have the right to speak on his experiences, but it seems to me that his viewpoint would be about as reliable as most "eyewitness" accounts are when it comes to presenting evidence in a court of law. When something like 9/11 occurs, the excitement, fear, panic, and the survival instinct would make me a hell of a lot less observant than I might otherwise be.

No information on how the event turned out. No replies at Deadline. The source thread, however, has numerous excellent replies to the original article. Just click on the link to the 9/11 Blogger article itself, and there are quite a few replies, which I checked a couple days ago and noticed numerous good replies. No news on the event, though. Not yet.

Post subject: Follow-Up Articles
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:40 pm 
Follow-Up Articles

Article 1

Article 2

Barrett's Website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
“No amount of mythological pixie dust spread by people like Kevin Barrett is going to change [what happened Sept. 11],” Johnson said. “Do not be fooled and do not let them steal from you the reality of 9/11.”

Barrett, however, maintains his viewpoint on the events of Sept. 11.

“There is not one Republican in the state of Wisconsin who has the guts to defend the 9/11 report in a free and fair debate,” Barrett said in a phone interview with The Badger Herald Tuesday night. “I think they’re cowards for attacking me when they knew I was out of town on a speaking tour.”

Isn't this typical of the Bush apologists? It reminds me of the man who supposedly drove up to DC from New Orleans in a beat up old vehicle to personally "thank" W for his Katrina response...and in the process...get a chance to say on television, in Bush's preening presence, that he thought W should have a third term! :roll: :evil:

It will be very interesting to see if Johnson would be willing to debate Barrett or anybody else who believes 9/11 was an inside job.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Immortal Technique
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:01 am 
Catherine wrote:
It reminds me of the man who supposedly drove up to DC from New Orleans in a beat up old vehicle to personally "thank" W for his Katrina response...

On that note, when Immortal Technique was forced, as a result of a Friday afternoon snow storm, to rent a car and drive, rather than fly, from the Carolinas up to DC for the anti-war rally scheduled on St. Patrick's Day, he got as far as the DC area surrounding the Pentagon before he was detained by police in multiple encounters.

Immortal Technique's views on 9/11 are pretty obvious.

Immortal Technique Bio

Immortal Technique Statement on multiple police encounters

ANSWER Coalition (event organizers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:45 pm 
Surviving First Responders Speak Out