It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KITTY LITTER CAKE (GOOD FOR APRIL FOOLS OR HALLOWEEN)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

KITTY LITTER CAKE

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared
1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie RollsĀ®

1 new kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).

Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.

Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!

Quote:
Further notes: I had a reader write in saying this recipe only needed half the amount of pudding. I personally liked the cake with the amount given in this recipe. But feel free to use this as a loose guideline, use more or less as you see the need. Also, since the layer of cookies (with the chloropyll green specks, covers the top, you could really use any flavor or flavors or cakes underneath. Last but not least, you can also opt not to crumble the cakes, but rather layer them in the pan with the layers of pudding in between (much like you would layer a trifle into a trifle dish), sprinkle the top layer of pudding with a heavy layer of crumbled cookies. Same effect, different texture entirely to the dessert.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/de ... rcake.html

:lol: :twisted:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Last edited by Catherine on Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:51 pm 

That looks truly disgusting, and the whole idea is fantastically funny!

Great idea and recipe! I am sending it to my next door neighbor who makes things like this all the time for her friends.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've made this cake for Halloween parties and gatherings, especially at my old school. It always gets lots of attention and a few brave people actually eat it. It IS a good cake! :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:31 am 

You know, I may try making it for H's Halloween party at school. I'm not sure I can make myself eat it, but 6 yr olds should LOVE it.