It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iran To Allow UN Inspection Of Nuclear Site
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Iran To Allow UN Inspection Of Nuclear Site

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran said Saturday it will allow U.N. nuclear inspectors to examine its newly revealed, still unfinished uranium enrichment facility as world criticism mounted over the underground site that was developed secretly.

The presence of a second uranium-enrichment site that could potentially produce material for a nuclear weapon has provided one of the strongest indications yet that Iran has something to hide – despite its repeated assertions that its program is only to generate electric power.

That impression was reinforced by a close aide to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said the site will be operational "soon" and would pose a threat to those who oppose Iran.

"This new facility, God willing, will become operational soon and will blind the eyes of the enemies," Mohammad Mohammadi Golpayegani told the semi-official Fars news agency

:roll:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Iran To Allow UN Inspection Of Nuclear Site
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:30 am 

At least Obama has others backing him. There appears to be a united force against the actions of Iran. And just when there seemed to be a fledgeling movement against all nuclear weapons.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:59 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Iran has done everything that it was supposed to.

Being members of the IAEA they are required to notify this watchdog group within 6 months of going operational. Well within this limit, they have notified the IAEA 18 months in advance, thus when the plant goes online it will be open to inspection.

The US of Israel wants war with Iran and they will twist anything and everything to get this war.

Ask yourself some questions.

Who is the aggressor? Iran or the US of Israel?

Who is not a signator with the IAEA yet have nuclear weapons, Iran or Israel?

Who is has created a life of misery for hundreds of millions around the world, Iran or the US of Israel?

Who has been commiting crimes against humanity, Iran or the US of Israel?

I could go on with these questions for days.

The reality is that the US of Israel would really like to kill more people in the mideast. It is not enough that they have destroyed 2 countrys already and are now working on a third, they now would like a fourth and they have been beating the war drums constantly for quite some time.

Sanctions against Iran will be an act of war no less than bombing them would be an act of war. So be it. We have learned nothing. Lets get this over with so in the aftermath, after all the horrors upon horrors are released upon humanity, we can once again say never forget, which of course we will once again forget.

From the Sixth Sense:

Quote:
Cole Sear: I see dead people.
Malcolm Crowe: In your dreams?
[Cole shakes his head no]
Malcolm Crowe: While you're awake?
[Cole nods]
Malcolm Crowe: Dead people like, in graves? In coffins?
Cole Sear: Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead.
Malcolm Crowe: How often do you see them?
Cole Sear: All the time. They're everywhere.

Nothing could be more true.

I hope the left gets everything they ask for. I can not think of a more fitting punishment.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't see a problem with Iran having nuclear capabilities for peaceful purposes...assuming that is indeed what they will be used for, and I don't see a problem with the UN inspection of the same.

Israel is a tiny country, constantly on the alert to make sure those nations which surround it aren't getting set to destroy it. It is a paranoid country, but it's understandable. Iran's present regime has called for the annihilation of Israel and Iran's leader is a strange fanatic, not very popular with progressive Iranians. Israel, on the other hand, often behaves very aggressively against its neighbors. I don't always approve of what Israel does and I don't always like how the US government, regardless of who is in the White House, always seems to support Israel's every decision.

What is needed is lots more diplomacy and less extreme fanaticism....from both Iran and Israel, and the US should be more objective in its stance.

BUT perhaps when both Israel and Iran are capable of destroying each other in a nuclear blast, peace between them might finally be possible.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:54 pm 

Catherine wrote:
. . . . .

BUT perhaps when both Israel and Iran are capable of destroying each other in a nuclear blast, peace between them might finally be possible.

The only way for a Cold War “M.A.D.” to occur is if someone were to give nuclear weapons to Iran. The US and Israel both will never allow Iran to independently develop their own.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote