It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Americans Protest In Support Of Egypt (PHOTOS)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Americans Protest In Support Of Egypt (PHOTOS)

CHICAGO -- Thousands of people in Egypt who flooded streets in riots calling for President Hosni Mubarak to step down were joined Saturday by relatives and supporters at protests in major American cities.

"Mubarak will go. If not today, then tomorrow," Magdy Al-Abady, 39, of Chicago, said during a demonstration downtown in front of the Egyptian consulate's office. The genomics researcher, with an Egyptian flag draped over his shoulders, said his brother and parents were protesting in Egypt and he was speaking often with his brother.

Protesters also gathered outside the United Nations complex in New York City, filled the street in front of the Egyptian embassy in Washington and marched through downtown San Francisco to show solidarity with the uprising. Other cities including Seattle and Los Angeles also saw demonstrations.

In Chicago, picketers marched and chanted, "Hey Mubarak you will see, all Egyptians will be free." They held signs that said "Victory to the Egyptian people" and "Freedom and Justice for all Egyptians."

Al-Abady said he wants President Barack Obama to support the Egyptian people.

"He must say very clearly that he does not support Mubarak," Al-Abady said. "Mubarak is not Egypt. The Egyptians are not Mubarak."

More at the link

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Americans Protest In Support Of Egypt (PHOTOS)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:29 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Americans Protest In Support Of Egypt (PHOTOS)

CHICAGO -- Thousands of people in Egypt who flooded streets in riots calling for President Hosni Mubarak to step down were joined Saturday by relatives and supporters at protests in major American cities.

"Mubarak will go. If not today, then tomorrow," Magdy Al-Abady, 39, of Chicago, said during a demonstration downtown in front of the Egyptian consulate's office. The genomics researcher, with an Egyptian flag draped over his shoulders, said his brother and parents were protesting in Egypt and he was speaking often with his brother.

Protesters also gathered outside the United Nations complex in New York City, filled the street in front of the Egyptian embassy in Washington and marched through downtown San Francisco to show solidarity with the uprising. Other cities including Seattle and Los Angeles also saw demonstrations.

In Chicago, picketers marched and chanted, "Hey Mubarak you will see, all Egyptians will be free." They held signs that said "Victory to the Egyptian people" and "Freedom and Justice for all Egyptians."

Al-Abady said he wants President Barack Obama to support the Egyptian people.

"He must say very clearly that he does not support Mubarak," Al-Abady said. "Mubarak is not Egypt. The Egyptians are not Mubarak."

More at the link

This is absolutely wonderful, as I am totally "pro Egyptian people" on this one. What else I find equally uplifting, (and utterly humorous) is the fact that they want this "slimeball" out by Friday. Mubarak says no, not till September.

So where does that put Washington? Imho, you simply can't have a "pro Egyptian people" stance, while supporting the stubborn Mubarak. The same kind of stubborn, that plagues us from getting out of the Middle East, having any kind of a green energy policy or an affordable health care program. All the bullshit coming out of Washington, regarding the Egyptian people's rise to democracy, is utter...

BULLSHIT, AND BULLSHIT ALONE!!

We all know why Washington supports Mubarak. But know they are stuck on an island called "hypocrisy," and I haven't smiled like this in months. You simply cannot support dissent, and Mubarak at the same time, because Mubarak, means "U.S. Imperialism." In addition, the fact that the people in Egypt are so young, should make our utter useless president, think twice, about the future of OUR younger generation as well. Remember, in a lot of cases, the leaders we support abroad, are a "carbon copy," of the asswipes we have, running the show here as well.

Another thing that has me laughing, is the way CNN has had members of the right wing, telling the world that it's O'bama's fault, that there has been deaths, associated with this uprising. Funny, not really because the right wing has always been a bunch of filthy liars, but O'bama's widely scattered yellow, has now come home to roost. You don't necessarily have to create the original foreign policy, to become a victim to it. A good example of this, is the wars in the Middle East.

As the great anti war song by Sarah Thomsen states, if we stand idly by (meaning this needless war) we're as much to blame. (as these pigs who started it)

I've learned a lot about Egypt, in the last week. And I absolutely love, how the real voices of dissent, can make a whole gob of politicians here in Washington, look like the "hypocritical asswipes," that was so elequently blazed upon their "bellybuttons" at birth.

We, the people my fricken' ass!!

How bout' (W)ashington (E)lites

...AND...

THE PEOPLE!!

You give all these pricks/prickettes an enema in Washington, and you could easily place all of them, neatly inside a shoe box!!

...and for once, I'm seeing a little "Helen Thomas," in some of our journalists as well.

Not a lot, but any sign of "journalistic testosterone," is greatly welcomed at this point!! :D

...it's been a pretty good day!! :D

(pretty good)