It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iraq war case 'fixed by Americans'
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:39 pm 

Iraq war case 'fixed by Americans'

Press Association
Sunday March 20, 2005 5:43 PM

The head of MI6 told Prime Minister Tony Blair that the case for war against Iraq was being fixed by the Americans to suit the policy, a BBC documentary claims.

In a meeting chaired by Mr Blair in July 2003, Sir Richard Dearlove, head of the Secret Intelligence Service, is on record as saying "the facts and the intelligence" were being "fixed around the policy" by the Bush Administration, according to the programme.

The Panorama documentary claims Foreign Secretary Jack Straw questioned whether former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein posed a sufficient threat to justify invasion.

Robin Cook MP also told the programme that Mr Blair was not frank with the British people.

He said: "I think the real dishonesty of the government's position is that Tony Blair could not be frank with the British people about the real reason why he believed Britain had to be part of an invasion, which was to prove to the United States President that we were his most reliable, most sound ally.

"His problem was, he could not be honest about that with either the British people or Labour MPs, hence the stress on disarmament."

Brian Jones, Defence Intelligence Staff (1987-2003), told the programme MI6 was tasked by the Government to extract as much information as possible from their limited sources in Iraq to build up an intelligence case.

He said: "I recollect that there was an appeal if you like for people to look and think very closely about the evidence that was available."

The former secretary of the Defence Notice Committee, Rear Admiral Nick Wilkinson told Panorama ".."...the government perhaps allowed the public to be misled as to the degree of certainty about weapons of mass destruction."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uklatest/stor ... ker-103704

-Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eva, as the third year of the war in Iraq begins, I hope the British people will oust Tony Blair as their PM.

Worldwide protests mark Iraq war

There is still widespread opposition to the Iraq war
Protests have been taking place across the world marking two years since the start of the war in Iraq.
Thousands turned out in Japan and Australia to complain about their countries' involvement in Iraq.

Protest marches took place around Europe and similar events occurred in cities across the US.

In a radio address, US President George W Bush defended the war, saying it took place "to disarm a brutal regime, free its people, and defend the world". (THIS IS JUST BULLSHIT..it was about O-I-L!)

More than 4,500 people marched in Tokyo during a visit by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. (GOOD! I hope there are protesters everywhere she takes her evil mind, her ugly face, her dreadful hair, her buck teeth, and her toadie Bush high school crush.)

"The Self-Defence Force [Japan's military] should withdraw from Iraq immediately... and the occupation of Iraq should be stopped," said Ken Takada, a member of civic group World Peace Now.

In Canberra and other Australian cities, protesters marched against what they called the "coalition of the killing". (That's very catchy...Coalition of the Killing....good one.)

Australia recently announced the deployment of a further 450 soldiers to Iraq.

In Greece, unions and left-wing groups organised marches on the streets of Athens.

An organiser said 5,000 people took part, while police put the figure at 2,000.

"Bush, the number one terrorist," said leaflets being passed out to marchers.

One of the biggest marches of the day was in London.

Organisers say 100,000 people took part, while police put the figure at 45,000.

Two former British soldiers left a cardboard coffin outside the US embassy, inscribed with the words: "100,000 dead".

"I think it's outrageous what Blair and Bush think they can get away with," said John Salway, 59.

While some said they wanted British and US forces to withdraw from Iraq, others disagreed.

"We got the Iraqis into this mess, we need to help them out of it," said Kit MacLean, 29.

The UK has about 8,000 troops in Iraq.

In Istanbul, Turkey, an estimated 15,000 people marched against the war, while in Stockholm, Sweden, about 300 people turned out to display their anger.

There are around 150,000 US troops in Iraq

Thousands also took to the streets in several US cities. Some of them bore coffins draped with the country's flag.

But correspondents say the US demonstrations were far smaller than previous protests against the war.

"I think Bush's re-election took the steam out of the anti-war movement," said New York activist Michael Letwin.

Demonstrators also gathered in San Francisco, Chicago and other cities to hear anti-war speeches.

The US has around 150,000 troops in Iraq.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4364305.stm

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Is this a surprise to anyone on this board?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think we are all on a board like this because we all knew this prior to the invasion.

9/11 was an inside job so that they can go ahead with their PNAC agenda. It is so obvios. I just wonder when the rest of the world is going to get fed up with these guys and do something. I think it is a matter of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hope it's soon, Jesse.

http://iraqbodycount.net/

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... alties.htm

http://costofwar.com/

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman