It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My rebuttal (letters to the editor/J@C)
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

In my earlier post, I decided to fire off a "letters to the editor" comment, regarding the "illegal search and seizure" hacking of our fourth amendment rights. I'm not a member of Facebook, My Space or Twitter, and never will be, so this is the best I can do. I 'll post here, if they decide to run my comments in our local newspaper. But having worked for them, I wouldn't hold my breath. probably, the best bet for me, is to attend the next rally here, and continue to read the Facebook comments...

From the Journal and Courier Newspaper (Lafayette, Indiana)

"The honest truth is (the ruling) doesn't change what we do on a daily basis. We are always going to have a warrant or probable cause before we do a search," said Lt. Gary Sparger of the West Lafayette Police Department.

He said once an officer determines that a search is absolutely necessary, citizens shouldn't attempt to stop officers by getting physical.

"We don't want people to feel like they have the right to resist us because of their interpretation of the law," he said.

My rebuttal...

No Lt!! People know their Constitutional Rights, and are prepared to defend them, just like our Founding Fathers wanted it to be. I've known since the events of 9-11, that this behavior from our Executive, Legislative and Judical Branch, would end up this way. Just like several other countries have, when FASCISM was allowed to rear it's ugly head!!

***QUOTE***

***We are always going to have a warrant or probable cause***

With all due respect Lt...

"A WARRANT ONLY"

This originates from a different branch of our government, called the Judical Branch, and there's a damn good reason why our Constitution is set up this way sir!! It's called a system of "checks and balances." This insures, that your interpretation of a "probable cause," is justified by a judge, who usually doesn't carry a 9mm, stun guns and k-9 dogs with him at three in the morning. (nor from a police officer, who only received three hours sleep, before his night shift began)

***"We don't want people to feel like they have the right to resist us because of their interpretation of the law," he said.***

I respecrfully disagree with you sir. REAL AMERICANS DO UNDERSTAND OUR CONSTITUTIONAL LAWS!! It's the legislative and executive branch, that want to strip them from us. Our corrupt and lying media, can only fool the masses for so long. Sooner or later, if this kind of behavior continues, EMPOWERMENT SETS IN!! People become aware of the dangers of living in a fascist society, and are fully prepared to accept it's consequences IN DEFENDING THEIR CIVIL LIBERTIES!!

That's a decision, that the Executive and Legislative Branch of our government, is going to have to deal with. The decision has already been made with the REAL AMERICANS of this country!!

...oh let's say, a few hundred years ago perhaps?

Me (Lafayette, Indiana)