It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bush Acknowledges Existence of Secret CIA PRISONS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

In a White House speech today, President Bush acknowledged the existence of CIA secret prisons and explained how the program had "saved lives."

"In addition to the terrorists held at Guantanamo, a small number of suspected terrorist leaders and operatives captured during the war have been held and questioned outside the United States in a separate program operated by the Central Intelligence Agency," said Bush.

"This group includes individuals believed to be the key architects of the September the 11th attacks and attacks on the USS Cole, an operative involved in the bombings of our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, and individuals involved in other attacks that have taken the lives of innocent civilians across the world," Bush continued.

LINK TO STORY

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

So, der Fuhrer finally admits it 10 months after the program was exposed.

Quote:
Link: Bringing justice: Mr Bush says the US does not torture terrorism suspects.

Tuesday, November 8, 2005. 6:45am (AEDT)

US forces have held hundreds of detainees at known facilities outside the United States since the September 11, 2001, attacks, such as Guantanamo Bay.

But alleged senior leaders of Al Qaeda who have been captured, such as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, have been kept in secret detention facilities overseas.

Mr Bush did not confirm or deny the existence of CIA secret prisons that the Washington Post disclosed last week.

He also would not address demands by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to have access to the suspects reportedly held at them.

Why do you suppose Bush is admitting this now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think he's scared shitless of the Dems taking over the Congress in the Nov. election.

AND he's trying to ratchet up the "if it wasn't for me, the entire US would be blown up by now by them terrasts" rhetoric. "See, people, I'm doin' this to pertect ya! I don't care about rights....and you shouldn't either."

Did you see the photo CNN posted under their headline about this "confession?"

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: 2 Cents
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:01 pm 
shoeless wrote:

It could be a sign that they've moved on to something else. Like when the stealth bomber was wheeled out one day; that's a sign that it's not so cutting edge that it has to be a complete secret.

However, I was reading the TIME coverage of 9/11 today, and the depth of penetration of REALITY by propaganda just amazes me. That a leading history professor of Harvard -- the school I was taught in high school was number one -- could write such an amphibian piece of nonsense as that, and get PAID, more than ME?

I wish I had answers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I threw my TIME in the recycling bin. Too bad it couldn't go back to the publishers with BULLSHIT written on the cover...TIME is just one more cog in the propaganda wheel that keeps on turning.

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:28 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:

Maybe he beat somebody else to the punch? With him admitting it, took the story right out of the hands of whomever found out about it. Made Bush look like the good guy to those that still believe in him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:09 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think it's the whole boiling frogs strategy.

When these horrendous stories break, the general public doesn't want to believe it. The Bushies play on that, and either deny it, or just hem and haw about it for a few months, until the furor dies down. By then, everyone (except the totally brainwashed) has accepted that they are doing these things, but the public has moved on to other things.

When the Bushies finally feel it is safe, they come out and admit what was exposed a year ago, and no one really cares anymore, because the heat has gradually been turned up on other issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:16 am 

bush and his neocon lackies are realizing that they are in true desperation mode.

poll after poll in the past few days are showing that likely voters are not believing much of anything coming out of the oval office.

the half hearted admission of the secret cia camps isn't going to serve help shore up the sagging poll numbers.

most or all of the political posturing coming from the bushicons now is being solely predicated by those polls i've mentioned.

hope the trend continues for americans sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Quote:
When the Bushies finally feel it is safe, they come out and admit what was exposed a year ago, and no one really cares anymore, because the heat has gradually been turned up on other issues.

and I expect more revelations to be forth coming in the coming months.