PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:48 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

From: ADuncan282@aol.com [Add to Address Book] Flag Message | Mark Unread
[This is spam]
To: ADuncan282@aol.com
Subject: Barbara Honegger's Letter to Chertoff Confirmation Commitee
Date: Feb 5, 2005 10:55 AM
Barbara Honegger contacted me yesterday and told me that she had faxed my latest Chertoff/Elamir article to every member of the Chertoff confirmation commitee two days before the hearings. Despite having this info not one question was asked about Chertoff's relationship with Dr. Elamir.

After the hearings Barbara faxed the letter below to Senator Susan Collins who chairs the commitee and asked that it be placed in the official record. She also faxed the letter to all of the commitee members.

Barbara works for the government and invoked the Whistleblower's Protection Act. The only thing I edited was her contact info to protect her privacy. You never know where these emails can end up.

Allan

By FAX to (202) 224-9603

Page 1 of 3

To: Senator Susan Collins

Chair, Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee

(hereinafter “Committee”)

Thru: Joanna Hardy, Committee Counsel

For: All Committee members

Re: Proof Judge Chertoff perjured himself under oath

at the Feb. 2, 2005 nomination hearing for

Director of Homeland Security

Former Justice Dept. official, 1982-83

Former White House Policy Analyst, 1981-82

Candidate for Congress, Calif. 17th CD, 1993

Per my telephone conversation with your office this morning,

please make this communication part of the official record of the

nomination proceedings of Judge Michael Chertoff for Director of

Homeland Security. I hereby invoke all protective provisions of

the Whistleblower’s Protection Act, and of all other federal and

state statutes guaranteeing protection from retaliation for this

communication and any follow up.

Judge Chertoff perjured himself under oath during his confirmation hearing in the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee Feb. 2, when he said ‘No’ to whether he knew of any conflicts of interest that might interfere with his ability to protect the nation as Director of Homeland Security.

Judge Chertoff is well aware that, as an attorney in private practice, he represented Egyptian American Dr. Magdy Elamir (El Amir), named in a foreign intelligence report provided to Rep. Gilman as having links to Osama bin Laden, in a fraud case in which Elamir was charged with skimming $15+ million from an HMO and laundering the money in offshore accounts.

Judge Chertoff knows full well that, while he was so representing Dr. Magdy Elamir, the doctor’s brother, Egyptian American Mohammed Elamir (El Amir), was a prime target of FBI-ATF Operation Diamondback in which Mohammed Elamir was taped trying to arrange a multi-million-dollar arms shipment to bin Laden-linked terrorists -- arms worth, in all probability, the $15 million still missing from his brother’s HMO; and that Mohammed Elamir and all other Diamondback targets have remained free from prosecution, including while Mr. Chertoff was head of the Criminal Division of the Dept. of Justice.

Before and on Sept. 11, 2001 Judge Chertoff was Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Criminal Division of the Dept. of Justice, and the highest ranking Justice Dept. official at FBI headquarters that day. That morning, 19 terrorists linked to Osama bin Laden murdered over 3,000 Americans, led by lead hijacker Mohammed Atta. Judge Chertoff knows full well that Mohammed Atta's real (Egyptian) name is Mohammed Elamir (El Amir) -- identical to the name of his former client's brother Mohammed Elamir. What else does Judge Chertoff know about the relationship -- by blood or marriage -- between his former client and his client's brother, both reportedly linked to bin Laden, and the No. 1 Sept. 11 hijacker?

On Sept. 11, Mr. Chertoff immediately ordered FBI agents and prosecutors to "peel back the onion" -- that is, to work backward from anything known or discovered about the hijackers to anyone else associated with them. Thus, all information pointing to possible links between himself, the Elamirs, and Mohammed Elamir (Atta) went to him. And what better way to divert attention from his own Elamir associations than to order the round up of hundreds of innocent immigrants, not one of whom was ever found to be linked to the 9/11 attacks, or to terrorism.

Mr. Chertoff was quickly put in charge of the Administration’s internal investigation of the Sept. 11 attacks. On Oct. 25, 2001, he was made head Operation Green Quest, the federal effort to identify the sources and stop the flow of terrorist financing. Strange, after all that effort, that the Kean Commission would report that the source of funding for the Sept. 11 attacks is "still unknown." In other words, Mr. Chertoff told the Commission, directly or indirectly, that he had failed to locate Mohammed El Amir’s (Atta’s) funding source. Given Mr. Chertoff's close association with the Elamirs, and that Mohammed Atta was himself an Elamir, it is highly doubtful Mr. Chertoff knows nothing about the source of financing for the attacks. The fact that Mr. Kean's commission, also, claimed the source of funding for the attacks is a continuing mystery has nothing, of course, to do with the fact that Mr. Kean and Mr. Chertoff's father are close friends (Washington Post, Jan. 31, 2005, "Amid Praise, Doubts about Nominee's Post-9/11 Role").

But it is not only his post-9/11 role that should concern the Committee, and the whole Senate. Mr. Chertoff, in his Feb. 2 under oath testimony, also stated that, in his position as Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Dept. of Justice Criminal Division, he routinely received and reviewed intelligence from many government agencies. It is important to ask Mr. Chertoff, under oath, how many of the 11 foreign intelligence reports and numerous other pieces of intelligence giving advance warning of the attacks detailed in the Kean Commission report and Joint House/Senate Intelligence Committee Report on the Sept. 11 attacks he received and reviewed prior to Sept. 11; what, if anything, he did with the warnings; whether he made or had any input to the fateful decision, at the top levels of the Justice Dept., to end an ongoing surveillance of "up to 20" (could this be the 19?) Al Qaeda-linked terrorists before 9/11 (Newsweek); and whether he made or had any input to, as the highest ranking Justice Dept. official at FBI head-quarters on 9/11 and head of the Administration's internal 9/11 investigation, to the FBI's order to Ames Laboratory, the source of the anthrax strain contained in the letters sent to Congress, to destroy all evidence of that strain -- the very evidence that would have definitively identified the perpetrator(s).

The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee should delay voting on Judge Chertoff's nomination to be Director of Homeland Security until he provides full, detailed, and under oath responses to the above critical conflicts of interest, any one of which should be fatal to the nomination.

For it is a fatal conflict of interest for any nominee to the top anti-terrorism office in the federal government to have direct links to anyone alleged to be associated with bin Laden, perhaps even -- until affirmatively ruled out by the Committee -- to the lead 9/11 hijacker Mohammed “Atta” Elamir/El Amir himself.

Regardless, the clear and present appearance of such a gross conflict of interest should, alone, be more than sufficient to decline this nomination for Director of Homeland Security.

Judge Chertoff also swore under oath Feb. 2 to cooperate with the Committee's investigations. The Committee should open an investigation of Judge Chertoff, his direct and indirect links to terrorists, to the Elamirs (El Amirs) including Mohammad Atta, and to the cover-up of the truth about Sept. 11.

------------

Please confirm your receipt of this three-page fax; that it has been entered into the official record of the Committee’s nomination proceedings for Judge Chertoff for the position of Director of Homeland Security; and that copies have been distributed to every member of the Committee. I will separately fax to the other members of the Committee as well,

and to others.

Thank you for taking this matter seriously.

Barbara Honegger, M.S.

You may choose to ignore the facts, but you cannot change the facts --Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

John,

How come the entire Congress isn't crying foul about this?

A perjury charge has been known to bring down better men that Chertoff. The fact that Bush is allowing this bunch of criminals into the very core of our government is a disaster....hell, having him in the White House is bad enough, but with Rice and Gonzo in those powerful positions, it makes me want to :puke:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:21 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Can't we email this too all congressmen and senators? Or is that just clouding the issue.....the letter to the Committee has been circulated far and wide, so lets see what happens after everybody is fat dumb and happy from the supertioletbowl

You may choose to ignore the facts, but you cannot change the facts --Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:27 pm 

Bit by bit we are turning into Germany under the Nazis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:42 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

After reading the FAX, i'm just beside myself but not surprised this has slipped under the radar of the media and those in a position to put the breaks on the Chertoff Nomination.

What is this Country going to be like in 2006, 2007 or 2008?

"It's Not What You Are, It's What People Think You Are"

If We Don't Ask, We Can't Learn" & "If We Don't Learn, We Can't Grow"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

IMHO, the 2006 election is extremely important.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman