It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quotes for December 22......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:22 pm 

Quotes for December 22......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Service "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." — John F. Kennedy

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Demonizing Democrats or Don't Kill All the Liberals
"The left are the ones that proposed abolishing the CIA in the 1990's. They rendered it impotent under the Clinton years. They're the ones that, while Ronald Reagan was deploying missiles in Europe, pursuing SDI, building up our nation's defenses and calling the Soviet Union an "evil empire," Al Gore, Tom Daschle, and Dick Gephardt were voting for a nuclear freeze.

Based on that track record, I don't think they're the people to lead this country into the future, because they don't seem to have a fundamental understanding of good versus evil in the world and the need to destroy that would otherwise destroy innocent human life." — Sean Hannity. "700 Club," CBN, 8-21-02.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "While I write this letter, I have a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Quotes for December 23......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:23 pm 

Quotes for December 23......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Sex "I've looked on a lot of women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me." — Jimmy Carter

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "All along the untrodden paths of the future I can see the footprints of an unseen hand." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

Post subject: Quotes for December 24......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:24 pm 

Quotes for December 24......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Sexism "Sexism is the foundation on which all tyranny is built. Every social form of hierarchy and abuse is modeled on male-over-female domination." — Andrea Dworkin

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On The Inquisition
"Physical evidence conclusively establishes that the President and Ms. Lewinsky had a sexual relationship . . . Ms. Lewinsky turned over a navy blue dress that she had worn during a sexual encounter with the President on February 28, 1997. According to Ms. Lewinsky, she noticed stains on the garment the next time she took it from her closet. From their location, she surmised that the stains were the President's semen.

Initial tests revealed that the stains were in fact semen. Based on that result, the OIC [Office of the Independent Counsel] asked the President for a blood sample. After requesting and being given assurances that the OIC had an evidentiary basis for making the request, the President agreed. In the White House Map Room on August 3, 1998, the White House Physician drew a vial of blood from the President in the presence of an FBI agent and an OIC attorney.

By conducting the two standard DNA comparison tests, the FBI Laboratory concluded that the President was the source of the DNA obtained from the dress. According to the more sensitive RFLP test, the genetic markers on the semen, which match the President's DNA, are characteristic of one out of 7.87 trillion Caucasians."
— From The Starr Report, "Narrative" section I.B.1., "Physical Evidence," 9-9-98.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "He is the kind of opponent who would stab in front of your face and then stab you in the chest when your back is turned." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Post subject: Quotes for December 25......
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:26 pm 

Quotes for December 25......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Silence "When you take my time you take something I had meant to use." — Marianne Moore

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "P.S. If you do not receive this, of course it must have been miscarried; therefore, I beg you to write and let me know." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 26......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:42 pm 

Quotes for December 26......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Simplicity "The greatest truths are the simplest." — A. W. Hare

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "Sir, I would anchor a frigate off each bank of the river, with strict orders not to stir; and so, by cruising up and down, put a stop to the smuggling." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 27......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:43 pm 

Quotes for December 27......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On The Sixties "Hell no, we won't go." — Anti-war slogan regarding Vietnam

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Coup D'état 2000 "If we were not witnessing, in effect, the stealing of a presidential election it would be laughable." — Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), on Al Gore's request for additional hand recounts because of the ever-changing margin between Bush's and Gore's vote totals. Ron Fournier, Charleston (WV) Gazette, 11-23-00. {The only laughable thing here is this clown's view of who is doing the stealing.—APL}

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "I told you to make one longer than the other, and instead you have made one shorter than the other." — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 28......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:44 pm 

Quotes for December 28......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Soul "To dispose a soul to action we must upset its equilibrium." — Eric Hoffer

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On All Hail King George "Even the president is not omnipotent. Would that he were. He often says that life would be easier if it were a dictatorship. But it's not, and he's glad it's a democracy." — Josuha B. Bolten, White House budget Director. Elisabeth Bumiller, "Bush 'Compassion' Agenda: An '04 Liability?" New York Times, 8-26-03.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From Politics "The progress of the times . . . [is] . . . . such that little children, who can neither walk nor talk, may be seen cursing their Maker!" — Sir Boyle Roche was an eighteenth-century Irish member of Parliament noted for malapropisms and other gaffes, Sir Boyle is Hall of Shame member #5

Post subject: Quotes for December 29......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:45 pm 

Quotes for December 29......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Spirituality "The life of sensation is the life of greed; it requires more and more. The life of the spirit requires less and less; time is ample and its passage sweet." — Annie Dillard

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Beat the Press "Seymour Hersh is a liar." — George W. "War Criminal" Bush at a press conference with Gen. Pervez Mausharraf of Pakistan. Mike Allen, "CIA's Cash Toppled Taliban," Washington Post, 11-16-02.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Sports "This is like déjà vu all over again." — Few sports figures—and indeed, few figures of any endeavor—have achieved the verbal notoriety of Lawrence "Yogi" Berra, former catcher of the New York Yankees. This is one of the indescribable utterances of Hall of Shame member #6.

Post subject: Quotes for December 30......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:47 pm 

Quotes for December 30......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Success "It isn't success after all, is it, if it isn't an expression of your deepest energies?" — Marilyn French

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Do As I Say, Not As I Do "If [Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders] wants to legalize drugs, send the want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them." — Rush Limbaugh, 12-9-93. Scott Loughrey, "Limbaugh Demagoguery on Drugs," Baltimore Independent Media Center, 10-10-03.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Sports "You can observe a lot just by watching." — Few sports figures—and indeed, few figures of any endeavor—have achieved the verbal notoriety of Lawrence "Yogi" Berra, former catcher of the New York Yankees. This is one of the indescribable utterances of Hall of Shame member #6.

Post subject: Quotes for December 31......
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:48 pm 

Quotes for December 31......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Teaching "Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." — Jacques Barzun

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On Free Speech for Me (But Not for Thee) "I'll say this about the war protesters: At least most of them are only putting duct tape across their mouths so I can still tell the rest of them to blow it out their ass." — Dennis Miller, "Tonight Show," 4-3-03.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Sports "He must have made that [movie] before he died."—a reference to movie star Steve McQueen — Few sports figures—and indeed, few figures of any endeavor—have achieved the verbal notoriety of Lawrence "Yogi" Berra, former catcher of the New York Yankees. This is one of the indescribable utterances of Hall of Shame member #6.