It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:47 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quotes for March 30......
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:16 am 

Quotes for March 30......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Integrity "Integrity simply means a willingness not to violate one's identity." — Erich Fromm

Stupidest and/or Scariest Quote from the Right for the Day: On A Balanced Budget or The Dive to Red Ink "Mr. Chairman, today is a great day in America. As you all know, it is Fall. Back in my hometown of Mariposa in California it is also Fall, and what appears about this time of year is something that is known as a face fly. Why they call it a face fly is because if you are outside and you try to do some work, you are trying to get something done, you get this tiny bunch of flies that are in your eyes, in your mouth and buzzing in your ears, and they are a major distraction.
This budget gives that face fly a good swat. It gives freedom to the American people and freedom from a body in this Congress for the last 40 years that has tried to be America's mother, tried to be America's father, tried to be America's pastor, tried to be America's employer. We are giving freedom back to the American people to live their own lives.
I would imagine that I have got working poor in my district and their message to you [the Democrats] is, get out of my face." — Rep. George P. Radanovich (R-CA), arguing in favor of H.R.5491, the Seven Year Balanced Budget Reconciliation Act of 1995. Congressional Record, H10881, 10-26-95.

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Sports "If Casey Stengel were alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave." — Ralph Kiner, Pittsburgh Pirates Hall of Fame slugger, has been a radio and television broadcast voice of the New York Mets since 1962. With lines like these, may he continue for another four decades. Kiner is Hall of Shame member #9.

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Quotes from the Right of the Day taken from Take Them at Their Words: Startling, Amusing and Baffling Quotations from the GOP and Their Friends, 1994-2004 Compiled by Bruce J. Miller with Diana Maio ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Quotes for March 31......
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:49 pm 

Quotes for March 31......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Intellectuals "The way of the egghead is hard." — Adlai Stevenson

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: From the world of Sports "Darryl Strawberry has been voted to the Hall of Fame five years in a row." — Ralph Kiner, Pittsburgh Pirates Hall of Fame slugger, has been a radio and television broadcast voice of the New York Mets since 1962. With lines like these, may he continue for another four decades. Kiner is Hall of Shame member #9.

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote