It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quotes for August 30......
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:15 am 

Quotes for August 30......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Kindness "I expect to pass through this world but once, therefore any good that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." — Stephen Grellet

What Liberals Believe First Quote of Day: In August Featuring—The Struggle for Equality—Bigotry and Ignorance "The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, and breeds reptiles of the mind." — William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell (1790)

What Liberals Believe Second Quote of Day: In August Featuring—The Corruption of Public Service—Secrecy "Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants." — Louis Brandeis, Other People's Money (1932)

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: Imperfect view of the future from the world of Astronomy "Comets are not heavenly bodies, but originate in the earth's atmosphere below the moon." — Father Augustin de Angelis, 1673

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

What Liberals Believe Quotes of the Day taken from What Liberals Believe: Thousands of Quotes on Why America Needs to Be Rescued from Greedy Corporations, Homophobes, Racists, Imperialists, Xenophobes, and Religious Extremists Compiled by William P. Martin ©2008

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject: Quotes for August 31......
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:16 am 

Quotes for August 31......

Best Liberal Quote of the Day: On Labor Unions "What does labor want? . . . We want more schoolhouses and less jails; more books and less arsenals; more learning and less vice; more leisure and less greed; more justice and less revenge." — Samuel Gompers

What Liberals Believe First Quote of Day: In August Featuring—The Struggle for Equality—Civil Rights "Our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry." — Thomas Jefferson, quoted in "Why We Are Infidels," Nation (May 8, 2003)

What Liberals Believe Second Quote of Day: In August Featuring—The Corruption of Public Service—Treason "Bad as he was, Nixon didn't jeopardize national security for political revenge." — Ted Rall, "Bush-Cheney Traitors Deserve Prison, Impeachment," uExpress (November 1, 2005)

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day: Imperfect view of the future from the world of Medicine "I heard Harvey say that after his book came out, he fell mightily in in his practice. 'Twas believed by the vulgar that he was crack-brained, and all the physicians were against him. I knew several doctors in London that would not have given threepence for one of his medicines." — John Aubery, on the reaction to William Harvey's discovery of blood circulation, circa 1630

Liberal Quotes of the Day taken from The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left Is Right Compiled by William P. Martin ©2004

What Liberals Believe Quotes of the Day taken from What Liberals Believe: Thousands of Quotes on Why America Needs to Be Rescued from Greedy Corporations, Homophobes, Racists, Imperialists, Xenophobes, and Religious Extremists Compiled by William P. Martin ©2008

Dumbest Thing Said for the Day taken from 1001 Dumbest Things Ever Said Edited by Steven D. Price ©2004

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote