All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Panel Rules Out Iraq Victory
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Baker's Panel Rules Out Iraq Victory

By ELI LAKE - Staff Reporter of the Sun
October 12, 2006

WASHINGTON — A commission formed to assess the Iraq war and recommend a new course has ruled out the prospect of victory for America, according to draft policy options shared with The New York Sun by commission officials.

Currently, the 10-member commission — headed by a secretary of state for President George H.W. Bush, James Baker — is considering two option papers, "Stability First" and "Redeploy and Contain," both of which rule out any prospect of making Iraq a stable democracy in the near term.

LINK

Have you ever wondered just what is in this war for men like Baker and Kissenger? Could it be a chance for them to return to those "thrilling days of yesteryear" and has anyone else noticed how much W has relied on old men from the Nixon and Bush the First's era?

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Panel Rules Out Iraq Victory
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:17 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Baker's Panel Rules Out Iraq Victory

By ELI LAKE - Staff Reporter of the Sun
October 12, 2006

WASHINGTON — A commission formed to assess the Iraq war and recommend a new course has ruled out the prospect of victory for America, according to draft policy options shared with The New York Sun by commission officials.

Currently, the 10-member commission — headed by a secretary of state for President George H.W. Bush, James Baker — is considering two option papers, "Stability First" and "Redeploy and Contain," both of which rule out any prospect of making Iraq a stable democracy in the near term.

LINK

Have you ever wondered just what is in this war for men like Baker and Kissenger? Could it be a chance for them to return to those "thrilling days of yesteryear" and has anyone else noticed how much W has relied on old men from the Nixon and Bush the First's era?

Catherine

Catherine,

Good crack. The thrilling days of yesteryear. Except, not really so thrilling as just more Republicans doing what Republicans do. They get richer and richer and sneakier and sneakier.

I have sort of come to the conclusion that Republicans and what they represent; the elite class in America who do not give one thought to the underclass. Except of course as to how to exploit them and to get them to buy their goods and services. They are consumers after all.

But, my big point is this. The people in charge really think that they are a separate, special class, with special priviledges. They feel that they can wage war, for example, and it is none of the publics' business. We will do what we want because we control the government. and we therefore control you. Accept your fate as the underclass. And, do not attempt to get in the way of our agenda or else. That is how these guys think. Iraq War, Diebold machines, dirty politics, disinformation, dontrolled media, Patriot Act, Etc. Love it or leave it. That is their attitude.