It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Does this scare the bejesus out of anyone else but me?
Poll ended at Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:58 am
No--After Bush nothing is scary anymore 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Somewhat--But I'm starting to get immune 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
YES--This SOB must be stopped 100%  100%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: Mobile Labs to Target Iraqis for Death
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:58 am 

Mobile Labs to Target Iraqis for Death

Quote:
U.S. forces in Iraq soon will be equipped with high-tech equipment that will let them process an Iraqi’s biometric data in minutes and help American soldiers decide whether they should execute the person or not, according to its inventor.

"A war fighter needs to know one of three things: Do I let him go? Keep him? Or shoot him on the spot?” Pentagon weapons designer Anh Duong told the Washington Post for a feature on how this 47-year-old former Vietnamese refugee and mother of four rose to become a top U.S. bomb-maker.

Though Duong is best known for designing high-explosives used to destroy hardened targets, she also supervised the Joint Expeditionary Forensics Facilities project, known as a “lab in a box” for analyzing biometric data, such as iris scans and fingerprints, that have been collected on more than one million Iraqis.

The labs – collapsible, 20-by-20-foot units each with a generator and a satellite link to a biometric data base in West Virginia – will let U.S. forces cross-check data in the field against information collected previously that can be used to identify insurgents. These labs are expected to be deployed across Iraq in early 2008. . . .(More at link)

Does this scare the bejesus out of anyone else but me?

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:37 am 
[exploding, psychologically] Jesus Christ! They deny the existence of the Phoenix Program in Vietnam, but they do this? Why don't they just fucking kill everybody? That's what they really "want" to do, isn't it? Why even bother with the pretense of war? Simply turn the Earth into a "death planet!" Go around the Earth, draw a little bit of everybody's blood, and decide -- on the spot -- "while u wait" -- who lives and who dies!

What conservative pig voter in this country can't see what's happening! God DAMN it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Like the movie Predator- that SOB made decisions on who was an enemy combattant on whether one had a gun or not- or was carrying life. But he wouldn't kill you if you were carrying life- he had scruples- we have none.

Only apropos that it is a female from Vietnam who would be the major person in this story. Justice returns to show us how we are the new "nips, gerries and gooks that have no moral scruples and will do whatever. But it has always been that way, so nothing new here.

Wonder what they call us that is demeaning. "Savage White Devils" or seems to apply here as it did in Indian territory. Now we could be called "Pure as driven shit"! The most brutal actions are those we seem to sanction. Why even Hitler was impressed with our formula for genocide and modelled his death factory after our precedent.

What's whitey got cooking now?

An ability to see both sides of a question
one of the marks of a mature mind

People don't choose to be dishonest
the choice chooses them

Now I know how Kusinich feels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:26 am 

They have all this 'intelligence'. Why can't they use it to benefit mankind, not eradicate it?

Mind numbing!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I find it utterly amazing...but not too surprising. I find it scary as hell, too. What if the "intelligence" is skewed? This must be stopped, but it won't be unless the public is informed...accurately.

BIG BROTHER has become BIG MONSTER! :evil:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman