It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abu Ghraib - Iraq - New Expose
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:16 pm 

:( :( :( :( :( :evil:

Shocking pictures have come to light revealing the extent of prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib - and it's much worse than anyone imaged.

The photos depict new incidents of homicide, torture and sexual humiliation and indicate a broader pattern of abuse than was previously understood. "We now know there was systemic and widespread abuse", states ACLU lawyer Amrit Singh. She hopes the photos release will lead to a proper inquiry

:x :x :x :x :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz7UNxnOI3M

What a shame our involvment in Iraq is !! When will the Warmongering profiteers ever get their due ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:27 pm 

The Warmongering profiteers will never get their due. How could they? What is worse than what they have done to others? And all for profit...

I just wonder if we will ever be able to rejoin the real world, keep treaties, and send our war criminals to the Hague!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:22 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

White Wash :P

http://www4.army.mil/ocpa/reports/ar15-6/index.html

TuT :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:34 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd like to see them all prosecuted by an international tribunal, but begin with the leaders who sanctioned this kind of abominable behavior...Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove, and all the architects of the invasion.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:50 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Even if we didn't have Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo, I would agree with what you stated Cat.

I wonder how many who still support these insanities get off on these photo's?

What is wrong with people?

I realize that it is a minority in humanity which bring's about the problems that the majority suffers but it is so hard to not focus on that fact and think that all humans deserve to die.

I look around at the beauty I see and stare in awe and love.

Then I see what we allow to happen and I look on in an amazed horror.

If this is not evil then I don't know what is. These people who we have harmed will hate us for eternity.

1000 years from now, when this civilization is just a myth, a story of folly told to one another, America's name will be the name of the beast, the devourer of souls. This name will be used to frighten both young and old alike because they will have the knowledge that this beast can be born again if they allow it.

I fully believe that in this life, we are able to create our own reality. It is both provable and visible. For many, this reality that we have created is hell on earth.

These people who rule us in this country may be the instigators and perpetrators of this horror, but that does not shed us of our culpability. We are responsible because we have allowed this.

We may think to ourselves that we have opposed these atrocity's, but have we? Have we really?

How many in this country are opposed to this war? Millions? Tens of Millions?

Yet divided we remain. Not once have we pulled together in one voice, in one action in opposition to these horrendous actions because we are afraid.

I had at one time mentioned a massive letter writing campaign, to flood them and overwhelm them with the shear volume. I sent out the idea to various sites with no reply.

I have mentioned uniting in a massive nationwide strike, and remaining on strike as long as it took. No reply.

I have mentioned holding massive protests at the various news outlets who continue to lie to us. No reply

I have mentioned that we just stop recognizing these people as our leaders. No reply.

Do NOT point the finger. This IS our fault.

It is funny. I do not desire to be a leader and it appears that I am in fact not a leader. I do not have the gift of motivating others to join me, I do not have the gift of motivational speaking, I do not have the gift to allow others to recognize what needs to be done and do it, together, in one voice.

Instead, the few that do read my words say "Oh, that would be nice". And then they continue on their way, continuing to point out the actions of others which WE are allowing.

Please my friends. Tell me what you want me to do. Tell me how to pull us together in a common cause of action. I will do it. Just help me please.

CrimsonEagle

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:19 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CE - I know people want to do something. How? I want to be a part of anything to help humanity and the future of this world. I don't know where to begin. I guess we have to be viewed as crazies first. It takes time for people to absorb what is really happening.

How does one person start to organize and get others on board? I guess we are all afraid. I would be willing to attend massive protests. I fear expecting hundreds to be there and I would turn around and there would be no one behind me. Maybe two or thee people beside me.

I think massive mailings would be something to try. How do you get the masses to do it? How do you get the message out to thousands?

I wonder if contacting someone like Greenwald and asking for help promoting such things you have mentioned would be worth anything?

I do sit and think a lot. But sitting and thinking does not get me anywhere. I feel helpless. I don't know where to start and I think that is the way many people feel. I sign petitions for whatever good that does. I make phone calls and write letters. Those used to work - I am not so sure anymore.

Are there any sites where people feel as you do? Should we start writing to activists organizations like MoveOn? Sometimes I feel they have changed and are just talking heads for the Dems.

There are those who go out and protest the war. Maybe those groups are a place to start.

CORPORATE MEDIA = MASS MIND CONTROL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:05 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

We begin here and now.

We, those of us on this site decide that we are willing to take action, as a unit. This means all of us. The more that we can get, the better.

Then we pick one target at a time and attempt to get them to join us. Those targets would be the people who do have some influence.

Personally, my first choice would be Jesse. We work together and make him realize that we are serious, we want to act.

Now, I only write on this site. I know that there are many of you who visit other sites, and on these sites you are well recognized.

Let them know what we are doing and ask them to participate.

Now, we would not be targeting people like Jesse as an enemy. We are targeting him to ask for his help. To use his power to spread the word.

As soon as he signs on, which I can see no reason why he wouldn't, we move onto another big name alternative news site. Pick one. I visit 100's of them. No matter what one we pick, we all try to get into contact with them.

As soon as these people put up a letter which should stay on there site in support of our goals, we move on again.

Hopefully, as word spreads, others will recognize it and add it to their sites on their own.

In all honesty, if we really focused our efforts, I don't think it would take all that long. 3 months maybe? This however would be on the condition that others also recognize that we must all come together. A few hundred or even a few thousand would do no good. We would need everyone in this.

But, we would have to be willing to work. We would have to be able to convince others to come together in this cause. And, we would have to be willing to sacrifice AND take action. Without this we may as well not try.

I have mentioned before. It is UNITY that we need and it is UNITY that we should all preach. The only cause which we should be focused on at this point in time is ending this war. Forget everything else.

Now, the question. What do we think it is that ALL would be willing to do?

It would have to be effective and it would have to hit them where it hurts.

Unfortunately, until the people begin to suffer for real, I expect no action, and talk is cheap. I have come to believe that people have to learn the hard way before they are willing to fight back. They are afraid of change and they are afraid of action because their cute little bubbles that they have created may be burst if they upset the powers who are destroying the world. Perhaps it is because I don't have much, but I am willing to sacrifice everything. What are others willing to sacrifice, and that is what it boils down too.

What are people really sacrificing when they go on these marches or rally's. A couple days of their lives?

Look at Cindy Sheehan. This is what we must be willing to do, and then some if needed. How many are willing to do this?

The thing is. We don't even have to sacrifice this much. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS STOP WHAT WE ARE DOING AND SHUT DOWN THIS COUNTRY.

And you know what, you are right. We may lose our homes, we may have to go hungry. At what point do people see the dead and suffering children around the world and say, "you know what, to save these children I am willing to sacrifice."?

I think we are too late. I am still willing to try but in all honesty, I am more fixated on focusing on the where's and the whys as to how we got where we are. What I am hoping is that enough understand and point out to others what has been written so that when this mess is over and we begin to rebuild, there will be enough people that understand what happened and not repeat the same mistakes that we have made. This we must teach to our young and to one another. We must recognize what went wrong and point it out.

In all honesty, I don't think that people really understand the depths of our problems. It is a hell of a lot more than politics, it is humanity's lack of recognition of TRUTH found and visible within Nature that is the problem. With this realization I also recognize that what is going to happen HAS to happen. The laws of nature cannot be denied indefinatly and we have denied them for quite some time.

Since I'm not sure how far things will go, I am taking much of what I write and burying it. If it survives and is found then perhaps those in the future will understand. If it does not, then it was never meant to be.

My book may or may not be read by anyone in this lifetime, nor do I know if I will be able to finish it. I'm not really sure how much more time we have.

It is titled: My Message to the Future. Where we went wrong.

We should not feel afraid or helpless in what I believe we are about to face. We should instead face this with bravery and determination and lift our spirits as high as we can in recognition of TRUTH. In this act alone we make this world a better place, perhaps not visible right now to our eyes, but it will carry on if the word is spread far enough.

I remove myself from all of the troubles that we have brought upon ourselves and I look around. There are no words that we know that can describe what I see. Words like beauty, awe, peace, love, righteousness, oneness, none of these do it justice.

I'm sorry if I sound as a defeatist. I'm not. I'm still fighting. I just had to change my focus from the present, to the future. If we are going to act, if we are willing to come together and begin now in earnest, then I will be more than happy to join. Our chance may not be measured in years and decades but in days and months. It is now or never.

Any way I look at it. I'm not afraid. I have been blessed to be here. I will do whatever it takes to give future humanity the chance to recognize what I have seen if they should choose to seek it. If in order to do that we have to be willing to promote the destruction of this system then in this we should also be willing to make whatever sacrifices necessary. Don't forget, we are not fighting for ourselves. We have had our chance. We are fighting for the future, a future which may take generations to reach. I will not allow a future of oppresive slavery if I can help it. I would rather that everything be destroyed.

CrimsonEagle

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: I'm proud of everyone on this forum.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:18 am 

I subscribe to many forums and engage in what is known as "Narrow-Casting". I can spread information on a small scale and hope it spreads further by caring members of society like myself. I am active with a local Peace and Justice group and we are along the streets weekly informing and protesting many issues. This helps me judge what Americans are feeling and I am confident that many are on alert from horns honking and thumbs up and peace symbols displayed. Many are yet afraid to stand for what they know is true but anything they might do in a postive manner is fuel added to the fire. Just wait and see the turnout at major centers on the upcoming 6 year mark of 9/11 and you will see what I mean. Don't ever get discouraged as anything we do will be recognized........Gonerail

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wired publishes photographs of Abu Ghraib

GRAPHIC: INCLUDES NUDITY AND DEATH

Here's a link to the comments about these reminders of what should make all Americans ashamed:

http://www.haloscan.com/comments/rawstory/9469a/

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman