All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Iran: Consequences of a War
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:14 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

This is a very important must read.

Quote:
Introduction

In November 2002, four months before the Iraq War started, Oxford Research Group published a report, Iraq: Consequences of a War,1 that examined the possible outcomes of military action to terminate the Saddam Hussein regime. Two of its conclusions were that regime termination was certainly feasible but that the occupation of Iraq by coalition troops would increase support for radical elements in the region and also incite an insurgency.

The United States has sufficient forces to ensure regime destruction but the regime’s replacement by occupying forces or by a client regime, even if the war is not greatly destructive, should be expected to increase regional opposition to the US presence. It is likely, in particular, to increase support for organisations such as al-Qaida and to prove counter-productive to peace and security in the region.

and:

It is also possible that a paramilitary movement could develop from within Iraq. While there is abundant evidence of the unpopularity of the Saddam Hussein regime, it is certainly possible that internal opposition to US occupation and the subsequent installing of a client regime would result in an evolving insurgency. Internal opposition to the current regime does not equate with the future acceptance of foreign occupation.

http://www.iranbodycount.org/analysis/

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:18 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ol' Henry K. may be helping the Bush-Cheney admin take another tact in going after a Middle-Eastern oil pipleline country:

Admit it's about the oil and claim we deserve it!

Kissinger Admits Iran Attack Is About Oil

Quote:
"So what?, we need the oil," sneer deluded Neo-Cons as oil prices explode due to orchestrated artificial scarcity

by Paul Joseph Watson | Global Research, September 21, 2007 | prisonplanet.com

In a new op-ed, Bilderberg luminary Henry Kissinger admits that U.S. hostility against Iran is not about the threat of nuclear proliferation, but as part of a larger agenda to seize Iranian oil supplies. But the true meaning behind this is lost on Neo-Cons, who are still deluded into thinking that Americans benefit from the imperial looting of natural resources in the middle east.

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That makes two DC "pillars" saying the same thing about both Iraq and Iran...and they're both assholes who have made tons of money playing footsies with both Bushies. Kissinger and Greenspan...Wonder what pissed them off enough to finally tell the truth, or as much truth as they're capable of telling.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:43 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

More credence to the Iran for Oil war.

The US is just in a global competition with China for oil and natural gas resources.

Back in 2006, the IHT talked about China's business ventures with Iran "... to buy a 51 percent stake in Iran's Yadavaran oil field." And --
Quote:
If completed, the deal would also allow China to buy 150,000 barrels of Iranian crude a day at market rates for 25 years as well as 250 million tons of liquefied natural gas. China could pay Iran as much as $100 billion for the stake and the purchases of oil and natural gas over 25 years.

Not to mention Burma (Myanmar), where China and other countries have a major stake over "smaller" interests like UNOCAL.

And Iran has been pushing for an oil bourse (IOB) that would lock out the US dollar as the currency of trade for oil.

(And I see CrimsonEagle mentioned it here.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:03 am 

Quote:
And Iran has been pushing for an oil bourse (IOB) that would lock out the US dollar as the currency of trade for oil.

Isn't this what killed Sadam?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:45 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yah know, I'm afraid that calls to our US reps are in order.

I called my senator's office this morning, expressing my concern that we not go to war with Iran. And I could have sworn that the aide for the senator wasn't aware of the possibility of war with Iran. :(