It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kristol Launches Project For A New American Century 2.0:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kristol Launches Project For A New American Century 2.0: ‘The Foreign Policy Initiative’

In November, after Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and his neoconservative foreign policy were soundly defeated at the polls, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol told right-wing talker Hugh Hewitt that he was considering putting together a refashioned version of the Project for a New American Century (PNAC). “A little bit of a political organization” for “the Fred Kagans and Bob Kagans and Reuel Gerechts of the world” wouldn’t “be bad,” said Kristol:

Kristol’s new “political organization” for neoconservatives is now a reality:

A newly-formed and still obscure neo-conservative foreign policy organisation is giving some observers flashbacks to the 1990s, when its predecessor staked out the aggressively unilateralist foreign policy that came to fruition under the George W. Bush administration.

The blandly-named Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) - the brainchild of Weekly Standard editor William Kristol, neo-conservative foreign policy guru Robert Kagan, and former Bush administration official Dan Senor - has thus far kept a low profile; its only activity to this point has been to sponsor a conference pushing for a U.S. “surge” in Afghanistan.

Though it’s not mentioned on their Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) bio page, Kristol and Kagan were co-founders of PNAC in 1997. Matt Duss writes at the Wonk Room that Kristol and Kagan seem to be re-naming their old organization because it became “inextricably bound in the public’s imagination to one of the worst foreign policy blunders in American history,” the invasion of Iraq.

MORE AT THE LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Kristol Launches Project For A New American Century 2.0:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:18 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Kristol Launches Project For A New American Century 2.0: ‘The Foreign Policy Initiative’

In November, after Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and his neoconservative foreign policy were soundly defeated at the polls, Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol told right-wing talker Hugh Hewitt that he was considering putting together a refashioned version of the Project for a New American Century (PNAC). “A little bit of a political organization” for “the Fred Kagans and Bob Kagans and Reuel Gerechts of the world” wouldn’t “be bad,” said Kristol:

Kristol’s new “political organization” for neoconservatives is now a reality:

A newly-formed and still obscure neo-conservative foreign policy organisation is giving some observers flashbacks to the 1990s, when its predecessor staked out the aggressively unilateralist foreign policy that came to fruition under the George W. Bush administration.

The blandly-named Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) - the brainchild of Weekly Standard editor William Kristol, neo-conservative foreign policy guru Robert Kagan, and former Bush administration official Dan Senor - has thus far kept a low profile; its only activity to this point has been to sponsor a conference pushing for a U.S. “surge” in Afghanistan.

Though it’s not mentioned on their Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) bio page, Kristol and Kagan were co-founders of PNAC in 1997. Matt Duss writes at the Wonk Room that Kristol and Kagan seem to be re-naming their old organization because it became “inextricably bound in the public’s imagination to one of the worst foreign policy blunders in American history,” the invasion of Iraq.

MORE AT THE LINK

How about the people's launch, in opposition to the "neo-con agenda."

1) Questioning of Bush and Cheney UNDER OATH.
2) Independent re-investigation of 911.
3) Bringing our kids home from the Middle East.
4) Warrants for the arrest of government officials behind 911.

Thus, a "new day" dawns on the horizon...

The Project for the New American CEMETARY!!

Possibly, setting the stage, for 51 states in our union. The last, as a reminder that justice STILL, prevails in the United States. :blackeye:

...a museum kind of setup maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:23 am 

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/11/28/glenn_greenwald_is_obama_fulfilling_the

Quote:
AMY GOODMAN: And the significance of the drone strikes and fitting it in with the Project for a New American Century, what’s happened Pakistan now, Pakistan saying the U.S. has to clear out of a base that is believed to be being used by the United States to launch drone strikes, but drone strikes not only in Pakistan?

This is the first time I have heard about PNAC in a long time. I found it interesting...

Transcript and video at the link.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/11/28/glenn_greenwald_is_obama_fulfilling_the

Quote:
AMY GOODMAN: And the significance of the drone strikes and fitting it in with the Project for a New American Century, what’s happened Pakistan now, Pakistan saying the U.S. has to clear out of a base that is believed to be being used by the United States to launch drone strikes, but drone strikes not only in Pakistan?

This is the first time I have heard about PNAC in a long time. I found it interesting...

Transcript and video at the link.

Yep...I had hoped they had expired.

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:13 am 

Yes, I had hoped they were history too, but given the hideous behavior of current Rs, I think they believe they can do everything and anything they want to do.

The Dems have not helped us little people as much as they could, either.

2012 will be an interesting year. Remember the Chinese curse, may you live in interesting times. Now I see why that is a curse.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:42 pm 

I'm baaaaack!!! Look's like PNAC aka FPI is too :( Ever vigilant :!:

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts ... ign_policy
"Newt's current views on foreign policy are a work in progress," Pawlenty told The Cable in a Tuesday interview following his speech at the Foreign Policy Initiative (FPI) 2011 Forum. "Some of this has yet to be revealed as it relates to Newt. Mitt's been out talking about foreign policy issues in detail for a long time. So his foreign policy positions are much more developed than Newt's."

http://www.cafepress.com/bootthepnac

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:28 am 

Quote:
Does Romney give Obama any credit for recent victories in capturing and killing Islamist extremists?

"Mitt has acknowledged that President Obama did a good job in hunting down Osama bin Laden and others, but he has also noted that many of the techniques and tools that were presumably used in finding and killing those individuals were developed in the previous administration, and some of which President Obama opposed," Pawlenty said.

Yup, never give Obama credit for doing anything good. Heck, I have been disappointed in Obama, but that doesn't turn me toward Rs.