It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:12 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

The Bush poll should be a killer, especially endorsement-wise. It wasn't too long ago when repub Ken Mehlman thought it wise that the GOP distance itself from Bush. Yet, the talk is that some of the Bush family might be endorsing Romney. Oh why not? When Romney is advancing Bush war lies anyways. :roll:

Romney is the candidate of ’some of the Bush family.’

Quote:
On Fox News Sunday this morning, New York Times columnist William Kristol announced that Vice President Dick Cheney’s daughter, Liz, was endorsing former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney. That led host Chris Wallace to ask if “secretly, or maybe not so secretly, the Bushes and Cheneys support Mitt Romney?” “I think some of the Bush family do support Romney, I think that’s pretty clear,” remarked Fox’s Brit Hume.

Liz Cheney was a recent abandoner of Bush's "freedom agenda".

I haven't used this screen name elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Spreading democracy over there and fascism at home.

Brilliant

"If the people allow private banks to control their currency the banks and corporations will deprive the people of all their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:18 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Ann Coulter is said to have endorsed Mitt Romney. This article questions the value of that, given that Mitt is Mr. flip flop.

Credulous Coulter and Misleading Mitt: like birds of a feather

Quote:
Ken Marotte | January 25, 2008

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Ann Coulter is a liability, not an asset, to the conservative movement.

In her January 16 opinion-editorial, Coulter reveals herself a shameless Romney supporter. She admits: "I've been casually taking swipes at Mitt Romney for the past year based on the assumption that, in the end, Republicans would choose him as our nominee. My thinking was that Romney would be our nominee because he is manifestly the best candidate."

Mitt Romney, whose record is laced with blatant inconsistency, is the "best candidate"? Had Ms. Coulter done her research prior to composing her piece? "I've looked and looked," writes she, "and the only issue I can find that Romney has 'flipped' on is abortion." Unfortunately, this contradiction, which Coulter conveniently downplays, is just one of many parts of Romney's unpardonable record.

Maybe, Coulter has a secret leftististo (or whatever the latest reich-wing slander of the progressives is being called these days) twinge that no one knew about.

And of course, the RTL crowd thinks Coulter is nuts, not unlike the rest of sane America, but for a different reason.

American RTL Rebukes Ann Coulter -- Coulter Endorses Pro-Abortion Mitt Romney

Quote:
DENVER, Jan. 25 /Christian Newswire/ -- American RTL Action president Steve Curtis is challenging the wisdom and pro-life leadership of Ann Coulter for her endorsement of pro-abortion Mitt Romney for president. The group's ARTLaction.com site documents Romney's recent promotion of child killing with links to official government websites, Romney's own campaign, mainstream sources, and audio and video clips of the candidate himself:

Mitt Romney claims, "On every piece of legislation, I came down on the side of life." "That is a lie," said Curtis, former chairman of the Colorado Republican Party. In April 2006 Romney signed the Massachusetts Health Care Reform Plan that pays for even elective abortions. Today he falsely claims a 1981 court ruling about "medically necessary" abortions forced him to provide tax-funded elective abortion, showing he prioritizes socialized "health care" over protecting kids, even when that "health care" actually intentionally kills children. Romney gave a permanent seat on the Massachusetts payment policy advisory board to the nation's leading abortionists at Planned Parenthood. Romney signed the 2005 bill that promotes chemical abortions with Plan B. As Governor he appointed openly pro-abortion Democrat Matt Nestor to a district court; and disputing a ruling from his own state health department Romney personally argued that pro-life hospitals must dispense abortifacients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:54 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Apparently, the media has been hooked by Coulter's talkthat she'd be a Hillary support if McCain was the repub candidate.

It smacks of bs comment Kucinich made about Paul to grab headlines.

And if this were true, I'd advise Hillary to say, "Thanks but no thanks from conservative skanks."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:02 am 

from the article:

Quote:
"If he's our candidate, then Hillary's going to be our girl, Sean, 'cause she's more conservative than he is," Coulter told Fox News host Sean Hannity. "I think she would be stronger on the war on terrorism."

"I would trust any Republican but John McCain more than Hillary Clinton," she added. "If it's John McCain, Hillary is absolutely more conservative."

We need to remember NAFTA and welfare reform happened under Bill Clinton. Hillary was a Goldwater girl. While Coulter can never be anything other that a skank, her observation that Hillary is more conservative than McCain could very well be valid. Conservatives however will never vote for a woman; they believe their places are barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

See, that's why Coulter's "endorsement" seems like some sort of canard.

McCain is conservative as all get-out, unless opposing "choice" has become the new liberal fad. We know that supporting war is. He also voted 87.3% of the time with repubs in 2007.

Clinton is left of McCain. and while Coulter would be supposedly supporting Clinton, most of Coulter's asshole-ciates would be running Swift Boat like attacks against Clinton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:16 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I work with a couple of staunch Republicans. They have an intense hatred of Hillary Clinton, which they cannot explain. It's just personal.

They also detest John McCain. However, in McCain's case, the reason for their overpowering enmity is clear. McCain has not supported George W. Bush 100% of the time. He committed Republican heresy when he voted against Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy. Despite the fact that Republicans no longer try to defend the indefensible George W. Bush, they still quietly worship him. It's still all about Bush, and it always will be for them.

Also, they will never forgive him for McCain/Feingold, which they hold responsible for cutting into the GOP's massive advantage in campaign contributions.

It seems similar to the Inquisition, when the Catholic Church vilified Catholic heretics much more than it did non-Catholics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:52 am 

Don't Rs have an intense hatred of women, period?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:01 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

dori wrote:
Don't Rs have an intense hatred of women, period?

Yes, many are very chauvinistic, which is obviously a major source of their animosity toward Hillary Clinton. The two Republicans with whom I work seem to think her thick ankles are a crucial campaign issue.

The amazing thing is, Republican women seem to be as prejudiced against women as are the Republican men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've not met many Republicans who can see past the fact that they're simply REPUBS. It doesn't matter what the leading members of the party do, they will still support them. It's a very strange phenomenon. I think some of it, however, is because so many Repubs are at the bottom of the intellectual scale. And they've been further dummied down ingesting a daily diet of Faux News and the right wing talk shows.

Too many Repubs still think George W. Bush is the main reason we've not been "attacked by more terrorists." They actually believe that without him in the White House, we'll be nuked by Iran or some other "terrorist nation" who "hate us for our freedoms." These folks are the neocons' dream!

The idiots are too stupid to realize that the only terrorist attack (supposed to be, anyway) we have had within our borders occurred on Bush's WATCH! :roll:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:09 pm 

I have to echo the fact that most people just don't like Hillary for the mere fact that she was married to Bill and that she is a powerful woman. Unless you are Oprah (whom I personally despise), you are just a woman who is out of her place if you exert any of your own intellect or power in your environment. I personally don't like Hillary because of the way she votes and the fact that she still stands by her vote to allow the Iraqi occupation (who can really call it a war?--its like when Germany occupied France)...anyway, I think she smells a little too much like Lieberman for me to handle, so I do not want her to get the nomination. Its ironic though, because the feminist in me says vote for the woman, while my logic says its morally wrong to do so.

As John Edwards has ducked out of the race, I suppose I will support Barack. Again, I do so more because I want our country to come into the 21st century that I think it would be cathartic and wonderful to actually have a NON-white, rich man in office. Other than that, I haven't been blown off of my feet impressed with him.

As far as the stupidity of Repubs, sadly the fact is that if you don't actively engage in politics and actively seek out more truth than what is giving on ANY MSM show, you are never going to have a clue about what's going on other than some lame talking points that are spewed continuously. And I have a theory, which may be entirely imagined and way off base, but I think that far more americans are EXTREMELY racist/bigoted than we ever admit. The fact that us damn progressives think negros and women are equals makes even some women insanely angry. Because of this, normal people (or what comes close to normal) will only vote for repubs because they are the patriarchal party. The one that thinks its just swell for a woman to go to college specifically to meet a man, and that it's awesome to use your body as a human incubator for child after child after child after child and to send all your money to some manipulative televangelist...

Oh, shit, sorry, I am totally ranting and probably so off topic that its annoying. Sorrry!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 pm 

lefty wrote:
And I have a theory, which may be entirely imagined and way off base, but I think that far more americans are EXTREMELY racist/bigoted than we ever admit. The fact that us damn progressives think negros and women are equals makes even some women insanely angry. Because of this, normal people (or what comes close to normal) will only vote for repubs because they are the patriarchal party. The one that thinks its just swell for a woman to go to college specifically to meet a man, and that it's awesome to use your body as a human incubator for child after child after child after child and to send all your money to some manipulative televangelist...

Oh, shit, sorry, I am totally ranting and probably so off topic that its annoying. Sorrry!!!

Lefty—
You are truly forgiven. With the MSM putting forth only Hillary or Barack as choices, I fear this is the death blow for Democratic chances for the White House. While Hillary says neither she nor Obama feel there is a place for race or gender in the race, the fact is elections have been lost over these issues. She seems incapable of acknowledging the venom she generates. I lived through the years of Pete Wilson being governor in California because Tom Bradley could overcome being Black on Election Day; the prejudice of person always can come to the fore when in the privacy of the voting booth. Both of them voted for funding the occupation and only switched their votes when it appeared to be politically expedient. It would appear that their personal ambitions just might give the White House to a Bush warmongering clone.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:15 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
Bush warmongering clone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:23 am 

Lefty, I agree with your entire post!

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid