It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ron Paul Set To Raise Millions On MLK Day
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:56 pm 

The Ron Paul campaign is hoping to once again raise millions in a single day on January 21st, Martin Luther King day.

So far over 6000 visitors to the website http://www.freeatlast2008.com/ have pledged to donate to Dr Paul on the national holiday in another mass donation day organized by grass roots supporter Trevor Lyman.

Lyman was the brains behind the record breaking donation days on November 5th and December 15th last year that raised $4.3 and $6 million respectively, pushing Paul's fourth quarter earnings to around $20 million, making him the biggest GOP fundraiser closing out 2007.

In addition to raising donations, the website is encouraging supporters to take to the streets:

This is our day to blanket the streets with the message of liberty. Our goal is to make every city look like the Lincoln Memorial lawn of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

March through your cities and towns, contact your meetups for more information and make this day a day for freedom. Confirm your commitment to march at RonPaulMarch.com!

Ron Paul plugged the latest donation day on CNN yesterday as he eloquently defended himself against ludicrous claims of racism rehashed by a recent article in the New Republic, which he put doewn to the "anti-Ron Paul movement".

Paul commented, “Rosa Parks is one of my heroes, Martin Luther King is a hero because they practice the Libertarian principle of civil disobedience, non violence.” He continued, "Racism is a collectivist idea you see people in groups, civil libertarians like my self see everybody as an important individual. It is not the color of the skin that is important as Martin Luther King said it is the character that is important.”

“I attack two wars that Blacks are suffering from” Paul said, referring to the Iraq war and the drug war. Paul also said, “I would pardon all blacks, all whites, everybody that was convicted of non violent drug crimes.”

Kucinich: "Mystery That Needs To Be Solved"

Congressman Kucinich stated today that the huge disparity which Hillary Clinton overturned to defeat Barack Obama in the New Hampshire primary was a "mystery that needs to be solved" as he leads the charge for a recount to ascertain exactly how the pollsters could have got it so wrong, or if vote fraud took place.

Clinton reversed a huge deficit of around 13 points to claim victory in what many are calling a suspicious outcome, especially as 7% of that swing came with the aid of electronic voting machines.

"The disparities between the poll results that were announced the day before the election, the day of the election, and what we are told were the actual returns indicate that there's either something seriously wrong with the polling firms that are collectively worth hundreds of millions of dollars and the election results were reflective of the vote, or there was something wrong with the election results and that the polls were correct," Kucinich told the Alex Jones Show today.

Kucinich stressed that he was asking for a recount not for his own benefit because it was unlikely to change his ranking, but for the purposes of maintaining the integrity of the electoral system.

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/jan...ch_mystery.htm

A Ron Paul fan has put together this wonderful little table that shows precisely what happened in the towns with paper ballots vs. the towns with Diebold Accuvote optical scanner electronic voting machines.

http://ronrox.com/paulstats.php

You can see clearly by looking at the column in red how much the electronic voting machines gave or took away from a candidate. Ron Paul lost 2%+, whereas Giuliani got a 0.5% boost, stealing 4th from Ron Paul. You can also see that Mitt Romney really didn’t have 31%, but something closer to 25%, a throw of 6% in his favor.
http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/

Pauls MySpace
Ron Paul 2008 has 112126 friends

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=158537123

Post subject: Re: Ron Paul Set To Raise Millions On MLK Day
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:36 pm 

gonerail wrote:
Ron Paul plugged the latest donation day on CNN yesterday as he eloquently defended himself against ludicrous claims of racism rehashed by a recent article in the New Republic, which he put doewn to the "anti-Ron Paul movement".

Paul commented, “Rosa Parks is one of my heroes, Martin Luther King is a hero because they practice the Libertarian principle of civil disobedience, non violence.” He continued, "Racism is a collectivist idea you see people in groups, civil libertarians like my self see everybody as an important individual. It is not the color of the skin that is important as Martin Luther King said it is the character that is important.”

“I attack two wars that Blacks are suffering from” Paul said, referring to the Iraq war and the drug war. Paul also said, “I would pardon all blacks, all whites, everybody that was convicted of non violent drug crimes.”

Not quite an eloquent defense. Reminds me more of the "some of my best friends are colored" statements of the 1960s. I would be more impressed by him returning donations from KKK's and Neo-Nazis. An explicit statement saying he would not support reversing civil rights legislation would also go a long way in making claims of racism go away. I won't hold my breath however, since such a statement would dry up the nutball money stream he now depends on. It would be nice to see this fund raising succeed, since it would encourage him to run as an independent against whoever the Repugs eventually nominate. This would split the bigot vote and only benefit the Democratic candidacy.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!

As a Libertarian presidential candidate in 1988 Ron Paul campaigned AGAINST THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964!!!!!!

This just sucks. Ron Paul is the biggest LIAR of all the lying Republican candidates.

This is from the 1992 Libertarian Party Platform GRRRRRR:

Section I, Part 18 DISCRIMINATION

Consequently, we
oppose any government attempts to regulate private discrimination,
including discrimination in employment, housing, and privately owned
so-called public accommodations. The right to trade includes the
right not to trade -- for any reasons whatsoever.

http://wiretap.area.com/Gopher/Gov/Platform/libertar.92

This directly opposes Civil Rights law and will lead us back to Jim Crow, darkys to the back of the bus, and whites only lunch counters!

This is BULLSHIT! GODDAMNIT, SOMEONE NEEDS TO CALL THIS ASSHOLE ON IT!