It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NH Contest Update, Kucinich pays,recount to begin !!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:39 pm 

I have become a fan of the Brad Blog lately and it looks like the possible fraud in New Hampshire might get exposed even though the media in general has been trying to ignore it. Thank goodness for Kucinich and his commitment to responsibility.

SEVERAL UPDATES: Howard's Funds, in Full, Now Accepted by SoS Gardner, Republican Recount is On!

Guest Blogged by Emily Levy of http://velvetrevolution.us/
-- Now UPDATED several times by Brad Friedman from on the road...

Brad just called me with the following:

"I'm in Sacramento tonight for screening of Uncounted but wanted to give you a quick update. Dennis Kucinich's campaign did in fact get their money in on time. The recount will be starting tomorrow. However, on the Republican side, though the money was wired to the bank for candidate Albert Howard, according to sources on the ground, something at the bank delayed release of the funds in time to meet Secretary of State Gardner's 3:00 p.m. deadline. As I wrote last night, Gardner's demand for full up-front payment does not seem to be in accordance with the law, which requires only a written guarantee that payment will be made. Trying to learn more but may not have anything until tomorrow because I'm off the grid for much of the night." Full $55,600 was delivered.

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=5563

Post subject: Re: NH Contest Update, Kucinich pays,recount to begin !!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:33 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

gonerail wrote:
However, on the Republican side, though the money was wired to the bank for candidate Albert Howard, according to sources on the ground, something at the bank delayed release of the funds in time to meet Secretary of State Gardner's 3:00 p.m. deadline.

Big surprise there. Who would ever figure that "something" would stop the Republicans from counting votes.